Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badfish

SDSU @ AFA

Toughest game yet for the Aztecs. Top run D vs top run O. Likely new QB for SDSU, but he has yet to really prove himself. If Aztecs can’t get the offense, and specifically Greg Bell, going, then it’ll be a long night for us. 

All times series is 19-17 in favor of Air Force. SDSU is riding a 8 game win streak in the series with AFA's last win coming in 2009 before the Aztec program had its turnaround. Based on current matchups I would think SDSU would be favored by 3.5-7.5 but SDSU are currently 4 point dogs depending on where you look. 

AFA has the 10th ranked run defense in the country too, and indeed the 10th-ranked overall defense in the country. 

If the Aztecs had even a top 75 passing game I'd feel better about their chances.  SDSU will have to do better than 130 yards per game. 

I think AFA wins this one because of how one-dimensional SDSU is.  But SDSU has a shot in every game because of its defense.  

Sdsu has always been air force’s toughest opponent. At least in the conference. And in recent years they have definitely had our number. But I see quite a few reasons why I think Air Force can and should win this Saturday.
1. Air Force is a very good team this year. Both sides of the ball, they have some great numbers.
2. Aztecs haven’t played Air Force in a while. Their players aren’t use to the Air Force style

3. Game is at air force

4. Rocky Long isn’t coaching them.

5. Air Force hasn’t been 6-1 in a long time. They are motivated and have a lot to prove and play for. 
Obviously, either team can win. That’s why we play the game. But you can’t take the emotions out of the game. That has proven many times throughout history to make up for talent, size, and skill. Air force never gives up. Either way, it should be a great game. I look forward to being there on Saturday and I welcome all San Diego fans who will travel to 7,000 feet above sea level. Maybe I should have put Altitude as #6 above. Looking forward to a good and safe game.

27fb3675e6bf8bbd155cf063ad59994d.jpg

Credible comments.

1) Still Scouts are One-Dimensional.

2) We have the best D-line in the MWC.

3) SDSU D-is what #3 (entire Country) against the run?

4) We have not dropped off a bit with the New DC (OC COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STORY!)

5) This team plays more like a team than most Aztec teams I have watched since 1986.

Scouts- well they will all be very good Golfers one day (san PJ's & Combat Engineers whom I have the utmost respect).

8 minutes ago, afacademydad said:

Sdsu has always been air force’s toughest opponent. At least in the conference. And in recent years they have definitely had our number. But I see quite a few reasons why I think Air Force can and should win this Saturday.
1. Air Force is a very good team this year. Both sides of the ball, they have some great numbers.
2. Aztecs haven’t played Air Force in a while. Their players aren’t use to the Air Force style

3. Game is at air force

4. Rocky Long isn’t coaching them.

5. Air Force hasn’t been 6-1 in a long time. They are motivated and have a lot to prove and play for. 
Obviously, either team can win. That’s why we play the game. But you can’t take the emotions out of the game. That has proven many times throughout history to make up for talent, size, and skill. Air force never gives up. Either way, it should be a great game. I look forward to being there on Saturday and I welcome all San Diego fans who will travel to 7,000 feet above sea level. Maybe I should have put Altitude as #6 above. Looking forward to a good and safe game.

Good stuff.  To add to that the weather should be great.  65 around start of game (5 PM MT) and dropping to low 50's by end of game.  No rain/snow and mild to no wind predicted.  I hope we have a good turnout for this one.  It's Kids Day so hopefully that helps bring the family.  

Stamp.

Ukrainian postage stamp honoring Snake Island soldiers

1 hour ago, JADogs05 said:

AFA has the 10th ranked run defense in the country too, and indeed the 10th-ranked overall defense in the country. 

If the Aztecs had even a top 75 passing game I'd feel better about their chances.  SDSU will have to do better than 130 yards per game. 

I think AFA wins this one because of how one-dimensional SDSU is.  But SDSU has a shot in every game because of its defense.  

AFA defines one-dimensional.

I guess the answer is who has the better one -dimension.

I'll take us....for 9 straight.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Aztecs are No. 1 in rush defense allowing only 61.2 yards per game.

Air Force is No.1 in the Nation in rushing at 300 yards per game and they are 10th in defense at 91.3 yards per game. 

I am fully expecting a close, low scoring game. But...knowing Murphy's law, this game will be 38-31 with 700 years of offense.

7 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

AFA defines one-dimensional.

I guess the answer is who has the better one -dimension.

I'll take us....for 9 straight.

I'll take AF to go 7-1.  Mr. Roberts #20 has just been warming up.

Stamp.

28 minutes ago, SpaceForced said:

Good stuff.  To add to that the weather should be great.  65 around start of game (5 PM MT) and dropping to low 50's by end of game.  No rain/snow and mild to no wind predicted.  I hope we have a good turnout for this one.  It's Kids Day so hopefully that helps bring the family.  

Last time we were up there a thunderstorm rolled through and sent everyone under cover for over an hour.

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

2 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Last time we were up there a thunderstorm rolled through and sent everyone under cover for over an hour.

The weather up here is sometimes so unpredictable.  Last week we dropped into the 20's a few nights and had snow one afternoon.  I hate to make weather predictions.  

Stamp.

The Aztecs seem like the one MWC team that could out-"Air Force" the Academy. They have the ability to control clock with their own running game and have the defense to get AFA off the field enough times over the course of a whole game. If you can't get them off the field, then it is like death by a 1,000 paper cuts as they go 4 yards and a cloud of dust down the field all game long and the clock just never seems to stop. 

The only other option to beat them is to just let them score so you can get the ball back and score quickly again yourself and hopefully you're team is the last one with the ball at the end of the game. Of course this means you have to be able to not be stopped on offense to keep pace on the scoreboard. Easier said than done.

5 minutes ago, TrueAg said:

The Aztecs seem like the one MWC team that could out-"Air Force" the Academy. They have the ability to control clock with their own running game and have the defense to get AFA off the field enough times over the course of a whole game. If you can't get them off the field, then it is like death by a 1,000 paper cuts as they go 4 yards and a cloud of dust down the field all game long and the clock just never seems to stop. 

The only other option to beat them is to just let them score so you can get the ball back and score quickly again yourself and hopefully you're team is the last one with the ball at the end of the game. Of course this means you have to be able to not be stopped on offense to keep pace on the scoreboard. Easier said than done.

I think this will be the shortest college football game this year. 

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, namssa said:

SDSU making a change at QB for Air Force.

Bad move.

LJ is only good in OT. Keep him in the Bull Pen until you need him 

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Last week I was feeling nervous about the Sparty tilt. 

This week I'm feeling confident about the Air Force game.

I'm also confident that Boise won't lose this week.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor