Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Colin Powell has died from COVID complications

27 minutes ago, mysfit said:

We lost a great American....

Ruined his legacy by lying for Bush about Iraq 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

3 hours ago, youngredbullfan said:

Although I may agree, bad form bringing this up hours after his death. None of us lead perfect lives.

110926run_defense710.jpg

6 hours ago, youngredbullfan said:

Would say tainted more so than "ruined." He was unaware he was selling lies to the UN. Plus, you get to use the word "taint," which is always a win. :shrug:

RIP Colin Powell. Thank you for your service to this country and for your tireless work to keep the once Grand Old Party tethered to reality. :USFlag: Shame it was in vain...

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

9 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Would say tainted mores than "ruined." He was unaware he was selling lies to the UN. Plus, you get to use the word "taint," which is always a win. :shrug:

RIP Colin Powell. Thank you for your service to this country and for your tireless work to keep the once Grand Old Party tethered to reality. :USFlag: Shame it was in vain...

Yeah I was going to say, I thought it was pretty widely known he believed the intel he was given and was unaware that it lacked validity.  

Stunned we havent heard from Bob yet...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Rest in peace General Powell. Blessings to your family and friends.

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Would say tainted mores than "ruined." He was unaware he was selling lies to the UN. Plus, you get to use the word "taint," which is always a win. :shrug:

Right.  Powell didn't lie, he pushed the intel info that was given to him by liars bc he was a good soldier who took orders.  I don't get why people cannot grasp the difference.

16 minutes ago, 702Canary said:

Right.  Powell didn't lie, he pushed the intel info that was given to him by liars bc he was a good soldier who took orders.  I don't get why people cannot grasp the difference.

I always say the combination of the Iraq War, the Great Recession, and McCain's choice of Palin as a running mate were in aggregate the death knell of Republican Party for me, but if Colin Powell had run on the GOP ticket I likely would have voted for him regardless of who he was running against.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 minute ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I always say the combination of the Iraq War, the Great Recession, and McCain's choice of Palin as a running mate were in aggregate the death knell of Republican Party for me, but if Colin Powell had run on the GOP ticket I likely would have voted for him regardless of who he was running against.

In the same boat.   I would have voted for him too.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Bob is a treasure and I will not hear a word against him!!!!

He is one of the finest dumbasses any of us have ever seen...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.