Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

Andy Avalos

Andy as a Head Coach   

42 members have voted

1. 1. Was he ready to be a head coach?

2. 2. If no, is Boise now a small time place where coaches learn on the job?

59 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

I don't think your RB room is even a problem, honestly.   Your OL is ass and i don't think Holani has seen the field since like week 2.   

(I'm fully expecting the Broncos to finally get healthy just in time for their trip to fresno and apply a pantsing).

Holani hasn't been right for 2 years now, probably because of that line.  He makes yards because he's the one back we have that sees a defender in the backfield when he gets the ball and instead of just running straight at him he jukes one way or the other. The room is empty after him until we get an OL that opens holes.

28 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Holani hasn't been right for 2 years now, probably because of that line.  He makes yards because he's the one back we have that sees a defender in the backfield when he gets the ball and instead of just running straight at him he jukes one way or the other. The room is empty after him until we get an OL that opens holes.

You could have Mattison back there and he'd still be clawing and fighting for yards.   

10 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Please elaborate 

Rumour is that WR was showing up late to meetings and was the missing 11th player on a recent 4th down play.  I think it was the straw that broke the camels back.  Avalos is also having to clean up the culture left behind by Harsin.  Not the first to leave.

bsu%252520mwc%252520logo.jpg

20 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

You could have Mattison back there and he'd still be clawing and fighting for yards.   

Hell that's how Holani gets his.  Its' not like all of a sudden they open hole for him.  He reads the line of scrimmage and who's going to be in his backfield when he gets the ball and he has a plan and the feet to get it done.

1 minute ago, roughrider said:

Hell that's how Holani gets his.  Its' not like all of a sudden they open hole for him.  He reads the line of scrimmage and who's going to be in his backfield when he gets the ball and he has a plan and the feet to get it done.

at least ronnie rivers gets to run into the back of his own OL as they fail to get any push 

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

It appears that could be the case.

Hardly.   When a new coach takes over the 'pets' and favorites of the previous coach may find themselves not in that position anymore.   And egos being what they are it tends to not go well for the player on the out.   He was a penned in starter for Harsin and not even the second option now with Cobbs taking that spot (and Cobbs is better).