Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

Andy Avalos

Andy as a Head Coach   

42 members have voted

1. 1. Was he ready to be a head coach?

2. 2. If no, is Boise now a small time place where coaches learn on the job?

16 hours ago, slappy said:

Disagree.  It costs more to suffer through bad leadership.  Look at CSU Unlv Boise State.  They can’t afford to be this bad.  

Unless their coaches came really cheap, buyouts are too costly. 

UNLV would kill to have his record.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

19 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Thread did not turn out how you wanted, huh.  Could not handle the counter punch, as factual and obvious as it was.

I took over your thread and got you hot and bothered.  Lulz.  

Why you trying to get me Hot and bothered? Lol. Don’t be a gay. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

Knee jerk reactions to think Avalos is a known commodity at this position.  7 games in......

Blue glasses fans can't acknowledge that the Broncos were slipping last season and it was obvious.  This year is just a continuation of that.  For many reasons.

Bachmaier is a good QB but he can't carry a team.  Doesn't have it in him.   But Harsin hung on to him and the new staff is too. No running game for 2 years now and when that's the case your QB better be able to run and know when to run.  Hank is a clueless runner.  

Should Avalos be good enough to not only take Harsin's fading team further than Harsin did but also do it without his best DT's and starting Center and RB?   

This year is a pass for me.   Avalos needs another 2 years to prove if he's ready or not.  Harsin recruited very few lunch pail guys it seems.  Avalos is a lunch pail guy.

And I hope he's smart enough to know Lee Marks is out there waiting.  That room needs a major overhaul.

6 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Knee jerk reactions to think Avalos is a known commodity at this position.  7 games in......

Blue glasses fans can't acknowledge that the Broncos were slipping last season and it was obvious.  This year is just a continuation of that.  For many reasons.

Bachmaier is a good QB but he can't carry a team.  Doesn't have it in him.   But Harsin hung on to him and the new staff is too. No running game for 2 years now and when that's the case your QB better be able to run and know when to run.  Hank is a clueless runner.  

Should Avalos be good enough to not only take Harsin's fading team further than Harsin did but also do it without his best DT's and starting Center and RB?   

This year is a pass for me.   Avalos needs another 2 years to prove if he's ready or not.  Harsin recruited very few lunch pail guys it seems.  Avalos is a lunch pail guy.

And I hope he's smart enough to know Lee Marks is out there waiting.  That room needs a major overhaul.

LB, DL and the worst o-line in FBS are in need of some serious talent upgrades. I'm amazed by how slow our LB's are.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

11 minutes ago, teappotts said:

LB, DL and the worst o-line in FBS are in need of some serious talent upgrades. I'm amazed by how slow our LB's are.

I think the LB's are in the pipeline and on the recruiting trail, I sure hope so because they are bad.  I agree.

DL was going to be good with Scale and Divine starting but both are out.   Total reload needed. 

I can only hope that what ever disease is in the OL room that they can clean that room, disinfect and start over with tough guys and hopefully a good OL coach,  No clue if Keane (?) is any good or not because Harsin left him scraps.

32 minutes ago, roughrider said:

I think the LB's are in the pipeline and on the recruiting trail, I sure hope so because they are bad.  I agree.

DL was going to be good with Scale and Divine starting but both are out.   Total reload needed. 

I can only hope that what ever disease is in the OL room that they can clean that room, disinfect and start over with tough guys and hopefully a good OL coach,  No clue if Keane (?) is any good or not because Harsin left him scraps.

If the most recent crystal ball is correct, that would make me very happy.

5 hours ago, roughrider said:

What are u talking about.  Harsin would not be 3-4 with this team.  Is that how the papers in Boise are spinning it.  Avalos is doing better than Harsin could of.  Wow. 

1 hour ago, Cincy said:

Aren’t Goodwill stores where you turn turn tricks in front of?

Could be. But I only "turn" once 

You like that, bandboy? I'm keeping your fantasy alive as you exit your fav Fresno corner store with your new shoes and used toothbrush and head back to the trailer space.

18 hours ago, slappy said:

What are u talking about.  Harsin would not be 3-4 with this team.  Is that how the papers in Boise are spinning it.  Avalos is doing better than Harsin could of.  Wow. 

You're an expert on what could have happened.  I'm not.   Harsin's team was fading all season last year.  Who knows if the fade would have continued or not.  I don't think he was going to all of a sudden get it together after his public 'I want to go to the AAC' schitck got out

I don't think your RB room is even a problem, honestly.   Your OL is ass and i don't think Holani has seen the field since like week 2.   

(I'm fully expecting the Broncos to finally get healthy just in time for their trip to fresno and apply a pantsing).

On 10/17/2021 at 8:04 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not at all, but I have been posting with you since I was 13 on the old WAC board, D4M and my reputation here is sterling, with about 20 board members who know me personally from 9 different conference teams....

So if you are going to call me liar, just do it...

Yes Marks would love to have the same title at Boise State and was insulted he was not given fair consideration by Harsin but his heart is still very much with Boise.  No such information has been relayed to me regarding Moore, but I mean come on, he is a Moore.

You probably have an ugly face and smell funny, but I believe you if you say you know the dude. I don't get the saying it just to say it vibe from you. 

tetons1.jpg

On 10/18/2021 at 4:22 PM, roughrider said:

I think we have the same disease in our OL room. 

tetons1.jpg