Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolfpack1

Three Big Games for next week

14 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

Colorado St @ Utah St on Friday night  I---> CBS Sports Net - 6:30pm PT

Nevada @ Fresno St on Saturday I---> CBS Sports Net - 4:00pm PT

San Diego St @ Air Force on Saturday. I---> FS2 - 4:00pm PT

5 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Big weekend for the Conference.

I'm guessing all three will be on CBSsports and FS2.

Why "guess" when the info is at your finger tips?  @UNLV2001 went to the trouble to posted all the info on this very board:  

Thx @UNLV2001

Speaking of the Army game in Arlington, one of my peeps local has season tix to NFL Cowboys junks.  He gets priority to grab tickets for other events.  As in the annual Arkansas/Texas A&M fest and then he does the StubHub resell.  He is not a college ball person at all.  I well advised him to grab Air Force/Army on November 6 and StubHub it up at a premium resell.  Traditional buy/sell market forces at work.  Air Force and Army in Arlington will be a very strong showing.  This I have little doubt. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

2 hours ago, Coog kev said:

Fresno State over Nevada.

San Diego State over Air Force... but really, really close. 

If stats are a guide.....

Scoring Offense Top 50

Scoring Defense Top 50

I'm concerned about the altitude, which I think is even higher than Laramie.  If our D has to run around due to our lack of offense, we'll be toast.

1 hour ago, Spaztecs said:

The Aztecs have outscored the Air Force ?

:hmmm:

:whistle:

Yes. Mainly by putting up 38 against winless Arizona and 48 against FCS Towson.

There can't possibly be any ostensibly successful team in the country which is more smoke and mirrors than SDSU.

10 minutes ago, aztech said:

I'm concerned about the altitude, which I think is even higher than Laramie.  If our D has to run around due to our lack of offense, we'll be toast.

I'm more concerned about Rocky Long not being on the SDSU sidelines. Rocky arguably understands how to defense the triple option better than anybody and he dominated the Falcons while at SDSU. Although new DC Mattix has been doing a great job this year, there's no way he will slow down AF like Rocky would have.

If Hoke and Heck play Johnson, my guess is AF wins by about 24-17. If Hoke and Heck play Brookshire, I think it will be more like 24-12 (four Arraiza FGs in that light air).

14 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

I'm more concerned about Rocky Long not being on the SDSU sidelines. Rocky arguably understands how to defense the triple option better than anybody and he dominated the Falcons while at SDSU. Although new DC Mattix has been doing a great job this year, there's no way he will slow down AF like Rocky would have.

If Hoke and Heck play Johnson, my guess is AF wins by about 24-17. If Hoke and Heck play Brookshire, I think it will be more like 24-12 (four Arraiza FGs in that light air).

Wonder what his punting avg will be? 😉

On 10/17/2021 at 12:27 PM, NevadaAllStar said:

I worried Nevada's D can contain either Haener or Rivers, but not both. The key to a Nevada victory all season has been getting a lead and making the opposition one dimensional, which allows the pass rush to do their thing. If Fresno can remain balanced I foresee a long day for us Pack fans. 

I'm more worried about the slow starts the team has had this year minus Boise St. I think Fresno is one of the better defense we have faced this year. I think it will be a close game but it would really help Nevada if they can start fast like they did against Boise St

On 10/17/2021 at 2:50 PM, aztech said:

Elevation is 6621 at Falcon Stadium.  I believe the stadium in Laramie is higher up.  Still both are substantially above sea level.

Stamp.

Ukrainian postage stamp honoring Snake Island soldiers

War memorial stadium (Wyoming) is the highest elevation college football stadium in the country, at 7,220. +/- 5-10 feet depending on global warming. Northern Arizona is #2 at 6,980 and Air Force is #3. Officially at 6,620

I think SDSU is close to the bottom of the list. But I could be wrong. Hee hee.

27fb3675e6bf8bbd155cf063ad59994d.jpg

On 10/17/2021 at 7:45 AM, ridgeview2 said:

The Nevada game is Fresno State's homecoming. The Bulldogs are currently 7-3 in homecoming games in the last 10 years. 

Load up on the Urine Bombs!

On 10/17/2021 at 2:11 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Nancy, is that you from AztecMesa?

20 minutes ago, afacademydad said:

War memorial stadium (Wyoming) is the highest elevation college football stadium in the country, at 7,220. +/- 5-10 feet depending on global warming. Northern Arizona is #2 at 6,980 and Air Force is #3. Officially at 6,620

I think SDSU is close to the bottom of the list. But I could be wrong. Hee hee.

Falcon Stadium is nestled in the foothills north of Colorado Springs and sits at 6,620 feet. Colorado State's Canvas Stadium is the fourth-highest at 5,190, followed by New Mexico's University Stadium at 5,100. Utah State's Maverik Stadium in Logan sits at 4,710 feet. That's the sixth-highest in the nation.

Believe it or not, there is one college football stadium that is higher than the War. That is in Gunnison, Colo., home of Division-II program, Western Colorado University. The Mountaineer Bowl sits at 7,750 feet above sea level.

Just the facts: UW has elevation. You? (7220sports.com)

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, SpaceForced said:

Elevation is 6621 at Falcon Stadium.  I believe the stadium in Laramie is higher up.  Still both are substantially above sea level.

1 hour ago, SpaceForced said:

Well hell, then only means our guys will be winded in the 4th quarter, instead of the 3rd. LOL