Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolfpack1

Three Big Games for next week

7 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

Colorado St @ Utah St on Friday night

Nevada @ Fresno St on Saturday

San Diego St @ Air Force on Saturday

Afa over suds

nv / fs depends on which haener shows up

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

9 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

Colorado St @ Utah St on Friday night

Nevada @ Fresno St on Saturday

San Diego St @ Air Force on Saturday

Big weekend for the Conference.

I'm guessing all three will be on CBSsports and FS2.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Honestly if USU beats CSU I think USU wins the mountain. USU really benefits from avoid the 3 best teams (in my mind) in the west (Nevada/SDSU/Fresno). And if they do beat CSU this week I think they would only need to go 3-1 down the stretch (vs Hawaii, @SJSU, vs WY, @New Mexico) and they would very likely win the Mountain. Why?

-USU would have tiebreakers over Air Force and CSU

-Boise State will likely get to three conference loses. I get they have been hurt by injuries, I get all of their loses have been close BUT they still have to play @CSU, @Fresno, @SDSU. I have a hard time seeing them not dropping at least one of those games. That gets them to three loses. 

-Air Force would just need to drop one game vs SDSU, @CSU, @Nevada, vs UNLV

-CSU would need to drop one game vs BSU, @WY, vs Air Force, @Hawaii, vs Nevada

-WY would need to drop one game vs New Mexico, @SJSU, vs CSU, @BSU, @USU, vs Hawaii 

16 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Fresno vs Nevada is on FS2 at 4pm but bumps up to FS1 if the ALCS doesn't go to 7 games. So hoping Boston or Houston can win that series in 5 or 6 games. 

1 minute ago, thedude15 said:

Fresno vs Nevada is on FS2 at 4pm but bumps up to FS1 if the ALCS doesn't go to 7 games. So hoping Boston or Houston can win that series in 5 or 6 games. 

The game of the week on FS2.

That's so MW.

Americans Mayor

44 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

The Nevada game is Fresno State's homecoming. The Bulldogs are currently 7-3 in homecoming games in the last 10 years. 

Well that is cause you usually try make homecoming on a game you are highly favored to win... UNLV probably would have probably made more sense BUT could do that as it was on a Friday (really need to have homecoming on a Saturday). The other "easy" (on paper) game is vs New Mexico but that is already taken as it will be senior day. 

To me Fresno's next three games are 50/50 games. Unfortunately as we blew the Hawaii game we need to go 3-0 in those 50/50 games which will be tough but possible. 

Fresno's defense has looked good this year so it will be an interesting match up. But the thing is @JADogs05you don't have to stop someone, you try to contain them. That is what Kansas St defense kind of did to Strong and then their offensive line destroyed our defense in teh fourth quarter. 

But in  lot of games contain is better than trying to stop. 

But I like the matchup, maybe the Pack runs the ball a little more to take some pinpoint off Strong as well.

3 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Colorado St vs. Utah St on CBSSportsNetwork on Friday Night

San Diego St vs. Air Force on CBSSPortsNetwork on Saturday at 4pm

Nevada vs. Fresno St Fox Sports 2 on Saturday at 4pm

55 minutes ago, Coog kev said:

Fresno State over Nevada.

San Diego State over Air Force... but really, really close. 

If stats are a guide.....

Scoring Offense Top 50

Scoring Defense Top 50

The Aztecs have outscored the Air Force ?

:hmmm:

:whistle:

Americans Mayor

Not yet.  Saturday evening next reveals.  San Diego State is a lofty #10 in scoring defense.  Air Force #12.  It will be a HUGE battle in Colorado Springs.  An extremely close game.  I really like both squads much in MWC.  These are superficial stats in a way.  I am not taking a deep dive into it all on the NCAA website. 

It's a statement game for both Fly and Aztecs.  IF San Diego State can win this very tough roadie, I see a good path to the MWC crown.  I do.

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

1 hour ago, JADogs05 said:

I do not think Fresno’s d can stop Strong. 

I worried Nevada's D can contain either Haener or Rivers, but not both. The key to a Nevada victory all season has been getting a lead and making the opposition one dimensional, which allows the pass rush to do their thing. If Fresno can remain balanced I foresee a long day for us Pack fans. 

14 minutes ago, Coog kev said:

Not yet.  Saturday evening next reveals.  San Diego State is a lofty #10 in scoring defense.  Air Force #12.  It will be a HUGE battle in Colorado Springs.  An extremely close game.  I really like both squads much in MWC.  These are superficial stats in a way.  I am not taking a deep dive into it all on the NCAA website. 

It's a statement game for both Fly and Aztecs.  IF San Diego State can win this very tough roadie, I see a good path to the MWC crown.  I do.

This AF team just doesn't slow down.  They bring it every game.  Even with their following game in Arlington against Army I just don't see them looking past SDSU.  A ranked team coming into Falcon Stadium is going to have everyone pumped.  I'll be there and I'm looking forward to it.

Stamp.

Ukrainian postage stamp honoring Snake Island soldiers