Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sactowndog

Lost my dog today

It sucks brother. I had to put my dog Jackson down the day before Thanksgiving last year. I miss him. He was a huge part of my life for 15 years. Dogs are the most loyal beings on the face of the Earth. They give us unconditional love. They are family. I guarantee your dog knew you loved him, and he passed with that in his heart. 

1ec97fe2-388f-4b2a-9545-168f441fbc9d_1.c3ef7cee1b95d31cec1450dda5dced4c.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=ffffff

There is no truer lover than that of a dog. I have enjoyed and lost many, and remember them all so I definitely feel for you. You obviously gave him a very good life. Remember the good times, and when ready, go get a new friend. 

Hang in there bud.  I actually do senior dog hospice rescue now and have had to put more than a few down. On a personal note.  The way I learned to deal with the sorrow is by getting another dog in need.  I view it as a gift of life from the previous dog.  One door closes, another one opens.  Every time I look at the new dog that I adopted or fostered, I know that they wouldn't have been saved without the passing of the previous dog.  Not sure if that makes any sense in written words.  If my boy Tosh didn't pass away in Jan (shepherd) I never would have been able to foster Tark (bulldog).  When you're ready perhaps go down to your shelter and find a poor soul to save. 

Tosh Park 6311 (2017_09_14 19_01_21 UTC).jpg

601855995_20210701_1717162.jpg

Sorry to hear that man. Losing a dog sucks especially after they've been there throughout the good and the bad. Sometimes, they're the only ones there for you. 

Yeah, lost my Niki a bit over a year ago, and it still gets to me at times. But, it has helped since I got my puppy, Sassy. Who lives up to her name. Instead of dwelling on losing Niki, its made me remember when she was a puppy herself. And remember all the good times.

My condolences. Dogs truly bring joy. We love our good girl very much. She gives us so much love and joy. Especially to my kids. So, I understand your heavy heart.

Hang in there. When you are ready, rescue a good doggo. I'm sure there is another one waiting for a good human such as yourself.