Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

azgreg

Arizona Football

18 hours ago, azgreg said:

I know this is a Mountain West board but there's very little options for talking West coast college football so here I go.

I've been following Arizona football since about 1981. This is the worst Arizona team I've ever seen. Worse than the Mackovic era and worse than the Paul Wolfe Washing State teams. Unbelievable.

The Mackovic era was brutal. I remember a College Gameday commercial with Corso and Herbstreit with Mackovic to promote the ‘03 season, playing it off like things were now okay behind closed doors, and showed Tony Robbins giving the team pep talks, things were better now, etc.. and then he was fired five games into the season, lol.

2 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

Maybe.  We'll see how they do with that going forward

They will be back.

They will find a Coach that knows how to work the transfer portal for studs and find good 3 to 4 year role players to support one and done kids.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Just now, B_Lootz said:

The Mackovic era was brutal. I remember a College Gameday commercial with Corso and Herbstreit with Mackovic to promote the ‘03 season, playing it off like things were now okay behind closed doors, and showed Tony Robbins giving the team pep talks, things were better now, etc.. and then he was fired five games into the season, lol.

The Arizona players lead a revolt against him. Half the team met with the President Likens to complain about him.

People, not a fan.

13 minutes ago, azgreg said:

If we finish at 0-12 (and we will) and UNLV finishes at 0-12 they should make a special bowl game for them.

The Toilet Bowl played in the muddy  bottom of Lake Mead.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Arizona is really terrible this year.  I feel for ya, greg.  I know this hurts bad.  I'll pimp ya in the Hoops thread...#29 Arizona.  :D

On second thought, there is opportunity for Arizona next Friday night and on November 6.  Maybe even November 19. 

Arizona 2021 Sked.

p.s. greg. You are not alone.  My cousin Jody in Tucson is miserable re Arizona football. However, my cousin Linda in OKC is all giddy about Oklahoma State with guarded optimism. My LSU family is numb at times.  Boomer types are well, Boomer types.  The Texas ones, aloof and arrogant as ever, lols.  Aggy peeps are super pumped.  Arkansas peeps are very level headed and somewhat happy...it's how they roll. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

5 minutes ago, Coog kev said:

Arizona is really terrible this year.  I feel for ya, greg.  I know this hurts bad.  I'll pimp ya in the Hoops thread...#29 Arizona.  :D

There's a little trepidation there as well. The fan base seems to be split down the middle on Tommy.

People, not a fan.

8 minutes ago, azgreg said:

The Arizona players lead a revolt against him. Half the team met with the President Likens to complain about him.

I remember when all of that went down, and yet he still managed to keep his job. If that had happened in 2021, with how quick we are to react to those kinds things, he wouldn’t have survived the night.

On 10/17/2021 at 12:37 PM, Coog kev said:

On second thought, there is opportunity for Arizona next Friday night and on November 6.  Maybe even November 19. 

Arizona 2021 Sked.

p.s. greg. You are not alone.  My cousin Jody in Tucson is miserable re Arizona football. However, my cousin Linda in OKC is all giddy about Oklahoma State with guarded optimism. My LSU family is numb at times.  Boomer types are well, Boomer types.  The Texas ones, aloof and arrogant as ever, lols.  Aggy peeps are super pumped.  Arkansas peeps are very level headed and somewhat happy...it's how they roll. 

Remind me again why you post so often on the Mountain West board?  Almost 4,000 posts is a f***g lot from someone who didn't go to a MW school.  It's bad enough we have TCU and Utah folks jump in because they miss the days when their teams lead the MW before they joined they're persepective p5 conferences and went to the the bottom, nevertheless, it makes some sense.  But, a Houston fan comes on here to talk about Texas sports and most recently post a family tree about your cousin Linda and aunt Judy.  Weird.  Besides, last I heard U of H was known as "Cougar High" and had a large population of "English is my second language" students.  

17 hours ago, RamDFW said:

Remind me again why you post so often on the Mountain West board?  Almost 4,000 posts is a f***g lot from someone who didn't go to a MW school.  It's bad enough we have TCU and Utah folks jump in because they miss the days when their teams lead the MW before they joined they're persepective p5 conferences and went to the the bottom, nevertheless, it makes some sense.  But, a Houston fan comes on here to talk about Texas sports and most recently post a family tree about your cousin Linda and aunt Judy.  Weird.  Besides, last I heard U of H was known as "Cougar High" and had a large population of "English is my second language" students.  

Coog Kev is good peoples.  I appreciate his posts.

@Coog kev pay this poster no mind.  :cheers:

21 hours ago, RamDFW said:

ok but remind me why your ip address posted as "azinco" for a while and now this new one? that is a lot of handles for one person

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.