Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

azgreg

Arizona Football

I know this is a Mountain West board but there's very little options for talking West coast college football so here I go.

I've been following Arizona football since about 1981. This is the worst Arizona team I've ever seen. Worse than the Mackovic era and worse than the Paul Wolfe Washing State teams. Unbelievable.

People, not a fan.

3 minutes ago, aztech said:

We didn't need to, but you sure did.   

Every school has them. Alabama has them, Georgia has them, Arizona State had one and signed a linebacker from it.. Arkansas had theirs the week before ours. We usually have it during the off season but we held a lot of camps instead.

People, not a fan.

1 minute ago, azgreg said:

Every school has them. Alabama has them, Georgia has them, Arizona State had one and signed a linebacker from it.. Arkansas had theirs the week before ours. We usually have it during the off season but we held a lot of camps instead.

It's a crazy thing to do during the season.  Whatever happened to depth?

6 minutes ago, aztech said:

It's a crazy thing to do during the season.  Whatever happened to depth?

I don't disagree. the thing I heard was teh team wanted to use the camps to get in with all the Arizona high school coaches. Our in state recruiting has been bad for a long time now.

We haven't had depth for a long time now. Rich Rod's and Sumlin's recruiting was garbage so Fisch inherited bare ass cupboards.

People, not a fan.

10 minutes ago, Aztec Since 88 said:

How is Jedd Fisch doing in recruiting?  i know the AZ team is struggling, and It may take a couple years to flip the roster and build depth.  Just curious.

According to 24/7 Sports this class is ranked 36 nationally and 4th in the PAC. More importantly we have a QB coming in from Servite in CA (Noah Fafita) that looks really good.

People, not a fan.

4 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Shoulda hired brennan

Beat me it. 

I was in the building for the SDSU game. Watching in person,the lack of toughness and athleticism was glaring. SDSU has better athletes across the board.  It's going to take more than one class to fix it.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

14 hours ago, azgreg said:

I know this is a Mountain West board but there's very little options for talking West coast college football so here I go.

I've been following Arizona football since about 1981. This is the worst Arizona team I've ever seen. Worse than the Mackovic era and worse than the Paul Wolfe Washing State teams. Unbelievable.

I was in grad school in Tucson when Arizona made the transition to the Pac12 during the Tony Mason era. Rough first few years but then Larry Smith raised their level. They’ve been pretty average overall with some good years and not so good years. Losing 34-0 to Colorado yesterday was a complete shocker; the Cats would struggle to finish above .500 in the Big Sky.

Be glad you're a Basketball School.

At least you have that.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor