Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SLCPoke

Fire Craig Bohl

21 hours ago, PokeTransplant said:

Wyoming was a 20 point favorite at home against the Lobos and shit the bed.  What on this earth do you see that gives you any indication that Wyoming will win another game?  I sure as hell can't find one.

I will actively bet against Wyoming the rest of the season. If my team is going to look like crap I may as well make some money off of it.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

On 10/18/2021 at 12:51 PM, Ram1554 said:

Wyoming should beat SJSU (even on the road). They didn’t look great against CSU.

In fact, all of your remaining games should be competitive unless the team really tanks. It’s not like anyone is invincible this year. 

Suggesting that Wyoming should win any road game. That's pretty funny.

5923508649007_bestsuperbowlpicture.jpg.3d879e07e88f2c9ecd15a44ed82786a3.jpg

11 minutes ago, Ram1554 said:

Got to eat my words on the previous remark. UNM is a horrendously poor team. How the hell did you guys lose that one? 

Never had the lead, never was a threat to come back. 

5923508649007_bestsuperbowlpicture.jpg.3d879e07e88f2c9ecd15a44ed82786a3.jpg

On 10/23/2021 at 4:37 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Bohl is a very good coach. Wyoming simply has less possible recruits within two days of its campus than any school in the MWC.

Move the campus to Evanston.

FIFY

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 10/23/2021 at 4:52 PM, Wyobraska said:

So why couldn't Rocky bring in a competent QB when he was doing his thing at SDSU?  He had plenty of recruits within an hour. 

Maybe both of those coaches held onto outdated philosophies too long.

Maybe, good QB's don't want to play at run heavy schools.

:shrug:

Americans Mayor

On 10/24/2021 at 2:28 PM, HR_Poke said:

He sucks at motivating players and getting them pumped for game time.

Of a 21 year old can't get motivated to train and play his best football twelve Saturdays every Fall, that's on him.

Americans Mayor

On 10/24/2021 at 2:54 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Multiple reasons. One is that he was enamored of Christian Chapman based on Chap's freshman season. And that wasn't just Rocky. I can't recall whom but one Aztec started a thread on this very board after Chap's sophomore year saying SDSU had the best QB in the conference based on SDSU's record and Rocky similarly always touted SDSU's record when Chap started. However, Chap's QB rating literally diminished every season. Highest as freshman, lower the next year as soph, lower again the next season as junior and then lower still as a senior and the staff was so glowing in its praise of the kid that I think it allowed other schools to get kids who may have otherwise come to SDSU. Another reason is that stud QBs don't want to mainly hand the ball off, they want to mainly throw it and Rocky and Hortonwinkle loved their 60:40 or more runs to passes formula which worked well when their tailback was DJ Pumphrey or Rashaad Penny but not well after those two graduated and that goes to your second point.

MW DC's also started stacking the box and daring the Aztecs to throw. When you don't have receivers who can't seperate, even Joe Montana would look average 

Americans Mayor

41 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Maybe, good QB's don't want to play at run heavy schools.

:shrug:

Exactly my point.  You can get good athletes to Laramie, you have to give them a reason to want to go though and right now there is zero reason for a QB or WR to go to Laramie and that is on Bohl and his staff for his outdated offensive philosophies.  It isn't because there aren't recruits available.  

On 10/17/2021 at 8:38 AM, HR_Poke said:

Debatable.  I see 1 win left on our schedule

That was what I thought about UNM, but never thought it would be Wyoming. Honestly, I was thinking we were gonna be the "stats fix" your team needed. Still think you guys will make bowl eligibility. Your defense is good enough to hold the scoring down. 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

4 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

That was what I thought about UNM, but never thought it would be Wyoming. Honestly, I was thinking we were gonna be the "stats fix" your team needed. Still think you guys will make bowl eligibility. Your defense is good enough to hold the scoring down. 

I don't know.  The New Mexico game was the only winnable one I saw left on our schedule.  Our offense is a complete disaster.  The sheep are going to slaughter us....

On 10/17/2021 at 12:42 AM, GoState99755 said:

Get ahead of the curve.  Move the "whole Univ....to...Sheridan."  The last time I was in Sheridan, everybody & his brother told me:  "Sheridan is the nxt Jackson."

I really like Sheridan, but it’s never gonna be Jackson. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

21 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

I don't think it's out of the question that wyoming wins a brick fight against the spartans.  

The way that Sparty keeps shooting themselves in the foot on offense and special teams?  Yeah…it could happen. 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

1 minute ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

The way that Sparty keeps shooting themselves in the foot on offense and special teams?  Yeah…it could happen. 

the thing with brick fights is anyone can win them.  In shootouts the more talented team usually pulls away late.  If nobody can score the game usually comes down to a big mistake. 

21 hours ago, WYO1016 said:

I will actively bet against Wyoming the rest of the season. If my team is going to look like crap I may as well make some money off of it.

Me too. I have made a nice chunk of change the last two weeks. I hope I lose it all this week because I'm letting it ride with Sparta.

On 10/18/2021 at 11:51 AM, Ram1554 said:

Wyoming should beat SJSU (even on the road). They didn’t look great against CSU.

In fact, all of your remaining games should be competitive unless the team really tanks. It’s not like anyone is invincible this year. 

Sparty sucked at CSU but has not played a bad game yet at home. 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

On 10/18/2021 at 6:31 AM, Rev McQuervo said:

Coming from the same group that wanted Tiller fired.

Come on, a down year, this guy has down more with less than anyone in our conference.

Isn't he one of the highest paid coaches in the league?