Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SLCPoke

Fire Craig Bohl

I'm not in favor at all of firing Coach Bohl.  That said with new OC Polasek we're going to need to see growth in and the ability to evolve the offense.  Right now a WR or QB worth his salt is not seriously considering coming to Wyoming.  This has got to change.

2 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I'm not in favor at all of firing Coach Bohl.  That said with new OC Polasek we're going to need to see growth in and the ability to evolve the offense.  Right now a WR or QB worth his salt is not seriously considering coming to Wyoming.  This has got to change.

The one receiver on this team "worth his salt" will be gone after this year.   Book it.

Coming from the same group that wanted Tiller fired.

Come on, a down year, this guy has down more with less than anyone in our conference.

51 minutes ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Coming from the same group that wanted Tiller fired.

Come on, a down year, this guy has down more with less than anyone in our conference.

This guy ain’t no Tiller. We are looking at 5+ years of the exact same issue. The best team we fans have seen in a long time was 2016…and he won 8 games that year. 

2014: 4-8, O ranked 110, D ranked 103

2015: 2-10, O ranked 116, D ranked 102

2016: 8-6, O ranked 25th, D ranked 101

2017: 8-5, O ranked 105, D ranked 9

2018: 6-6, O ranked 119th, D ranked 29

2019: 8-5, O ranked 91, D ranked 11

2020: 2-4, O ranked 83, D ranked 24

2021: 4-2, O ranked 91, D ranked 48

Keep in mind Bohl was blowing off about this being his deepest and most experienced team. If you are going to start spouting stuff like that off then you better be ready to compete for a MWC championship. We have made it to 1 in his tenure, and the other times not even a threat. 2017 and 2019 were 8 win seasons because we won our bowl game. We aren’t out of it, but based off of what I see, my guess is this is how the season will go:

New Mexico- W, or cries get louder

@ SJSU- L, we can’t win on the road

CSU- W, I can’t write this as an L

@ Boise- L

@ USU- L

Hawaii- W, only because it’s at home

best and most experienced team in Bohls tenure goes 7-5 hoping for an easy bowl game matchup to get that 8th win again. O will be ranked somewhere around 100, d will be ranked somewhere around 35-45. So yah I think we have a right to be pissed that this guy is coming in talking about championships and then is barely making an 8 win season based on a bowl matchup. 2016 was the only legit 8 win season in my mind and they lost the last 3 games that year. 

if we finish the year 5-1 or better and challenge for the Mountain Division I’ll stop complaining. 4-2 probably gets me somewhat excited again. Unless Levi comes in and show major progression since being on the bench my expectations are that we can lose every game left on this schedule. 

tetons1.jpg

16 hours ago, Adam Beauvais said:

We should not fire Bohl and here's why our program has been shit before Bohl became a coach in mwc era and here's proof

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/wyoming/index.html

only good coach before bohl was joe tiller and after that it has been shit until bohl shown up.

So Paul Roach didnt exist?

5 hours ago, SLCPoke said:

This guy ain’t no Tiller. We are looking at 5+ years of the exact same issue. The best team we fans have seen in a long time was 2016…and he won 8 games that year. 

2014: 4-8, O ranked 110, D ranked 103

2015: 2-10, O ranked 116, D ranked 102

2016: 8-6, O ranked 25th, D ranked 101

2017: 8-5, O ranked 105, D ranked 9

2018: 6-6, O ranked 119th, D ranked 29

2019: 8-5, O ranked 91, D ranked 11

2020: 2-4, O ranked 83, D ranked 24

2021: 4-2, O ranked 91, D ranked 48

Keep in mind Bohl was blowing off about this being his deepest and most experienced team. If you are going to start spouting stuff like that off then you better be ready to compete for a MWC championship. We have made it to 1 in his tenure, and the other times not even a threat. 2017 and 2019 were 8 win seasons because we won our bowl game. We aren’t out of it, but based off of what I see, my guess is this is how the season will go:

New Mexico- W, or cries get louder

@ SJSU- L, we can’t win on the road

CSU- W, I can’t write this as an L

@ Boise- L

@ USU- L

Hawaii- W, only because it’s at home

best and most experienced team in Bohls tenure goes 7-5 hoping for an easy bowl game matchup to get that 8th win again. O will be ranked somewhere around 100, d will be ranked somewhere around 35-45. So yah I think we have a right to be pissed that this guy is coming in talking about championships and then is barely making an 8 win season based on a bowl matchup. 2016 was the only legit 8 win season in my mind and they lost the last 3 games that year. 

if we finish the year 5-1 or better and challenge for the Mountain Division I’ll stop complaining. 4-2 probably gets me somewhat excited again. Unless Levi comes in and show major progression since being on the bench my expectations are that we can lose every game left on this schedule. 

Wyoming should beat SJSU (even on the road). They didn’t look great against CSU.

In fact, all of your remaining games should be competitive unless the team really tanks. It’s not like anyone is invincible this year. 

17 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

How many more years does he have on his contract?

2 hours ago, Ram1554 said:

Wyoming should beat SJSU (even on the road). They didn’t look great against CSU.

In fact, all of your remaining games should be competitive unless the team really tanks. It’s not like anyone is invincible this year. 

Thanks for jinxing us, again.

I'm gonna need a beer. And I don't even like beer.

Just now, 818SUDSFan said:

Bohl is a very good coach. Wyoming simply has less possible recruits within an hour of its campus than any school in the MWC.

Move the campus to Evanston.

Same tired boring excuse. He is an overrated coach. This whole recruits within an hour stuff is garbage. He is a hard headed, stubborn out of touch coach is what he is. 

tetons1.jpg

13 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Bohl is a very good coach. Wyoming simply has less possible recruits within an hour of its campus than any school in the MWC.

Move the campus to Evanston.

So why couldn't Rocky bring in a competent QB when he was doing his thing at SDSU?  He had plenty of recruits within an hour. 

Maybe both of those coaches held onto outdated philosophies too long.

2 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

So why couldn't Rocky bring in a competent QB when he was doing his thing at SDSU?  He had plenty of recruits within an hour. 

Rocky did get really good o-linemen.

I have never been a Bohl fan because I remember how bad he was as the defensive coordinator at Nebraska.  He basically got Frank Solich fired because he couldn't coach defense.  His 2002 defense at Nebraska had 18 players that played professional football, not just training camps, and they couldn't stop anybody.  That is how bad his schemes were.  He got fired at the end of the year and then salvaged his career when North Dakota State hired him to be their head coach that same offseason.  Not many people come through their firing in better shape than that.

20 hours ago, masterfrog said:

I have never been a Bohl fan because I remember how bad he was as the defensive coordinator at Nebraska.  He basically got Frank Solich fired because he couldn't coach defense.  His 2002 defense at Nebraska had 18 players that played professional football, not just training camps, and they couldn't stop anybody.  That is how bad his schemes were.  He got fired at the end of the year and then salvaged his career when North Dakota State hired him to be their head coach that same offseason.  Not many people come through their firing in better shape than that.

Bohl didn't get Solich fired, Osborne got Solich fired. And that is still an issue that affects Nebraska today. He was the first coach after Osborne and anything less than a national championship or in the championship discussion is unacceptable. That is an issue with following a legend, Solich was on the hot seat after his first two seasons with boosters looking for reasons to get rid of him. I mean Nebraska fired Solich after he had a 9-3 season, 

Nebraska has been suffering ever since

21 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

Multiple reasons. One is that he was enamored of Christian Chapman based on Chap's freshman season. And that wasn't just Rocky. I can't recall whom but one Aztec started a thread on this very board after Chap's sophomore year saying SDSU had the best QB in the conference based on SDSU's record and Rocky similarly always touted SDSU's record when Chap started. However, Chap's QB rating literally diminished every season. Highest as freshman, lower the next year as soph, lower again the next season as junior and then lower still as a senior and the staff was so glowing in its praise of the kid that I think it allowed other schools to get kids who may have otherwise come to SDSU. Another reason is that stud QBs don't want to mainly hand the ball off, they want to mainly throw it and Rocky and Hortonwinkle loved their 60:40 or more runs to passes formula which worked well when their tailback was DJ Pumphrey or Rashaad Penny but not well after those two graduated and that goes to your second point.

On 10/18/2021 at 11:51 AM, Ram1554 said:

Wyoming was a 20 point favorite at home against the Lobos and shit the bed.  What on this earth do you see that gives you any indication that Wyoming will win another game?  I sure as hell can't find one.