Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SLCPoke

Fire Craig Bohl

1 hour ago, utgrizfan said:

Tom Polasek doesn't have any connection to Montana? We're in the same boat though our offense is awful this year

Dude, Vigen is now coaching your rival. Point is, you know that Wyoming just got a new O coordinator.

2 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

Dude, Vigen is now coaching your rival. Point is, you know that Wyoming just got a new O coordinator.

Yeah and I'm saying that he might need to go or seriously change some things up. New O coordinator or not going 6 quarters without points is never good

8 hours ago, SLCPoke said:

And I’m serious, this isn’t one of the reverse juju things. I’m done with his BS. 

You should really wait until you lose The Boot again before you roll this thread out...

I actually really do like Wyoming. I just give some Wyoming fans a hard time because of their politics and being wound so tight. 

Having said that, I would’ve expected both teams to score more with Fresno still winning by about 17 to 21. But holding Fresno to only 17 should’ve been a winnable or near winnable game. 

kat.jpg

8 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

I’m telling you, the whole University needs to be moved to Jackson, then you’ll start winning.  

Nick Saban loves Jackson, may be able to land him.  

Get ahead of the curve.  Move the "whole Univ....to...Sheridan."  The last time I was in Sheridan, everybody & his brother told me:  "Sheridan is the nxt Jackson."

6 hours ago, gold-n-brown said:

But this is our deepest team ever.

Too bad you don't have a boot to wade through all that "deep" stuff y'all encountered w/in the last-2-wks.   :0(

31 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

There will be no pressure on Bohl as long as he wins the Border War.  Wyoming will finish the season bowl eligible regardless of the outcome vs CSU.

Debatable.  I see 1 win left on our schedule

7 hours ago, Spot50B said:

Then you don't know Bohl. 

And that is exactly the conundrum.  Do you stick with Bohl where you know you'll get good D and a really crappy O and win between 6-8 games a year?  

Or do you move on to try and find someone who can elevate the team higher?

It is frustrating to me because Bohl could be so much better if he innovated his offense.  That part of the game has passed him bye.  Bama turned it up another notch under Saban when he allowed Kiffen to come in and modernize his offense.  

I don't want to get rid of Bohl but unless big changes are made on offense I think Wyoming will have to soon. He gets paid too much to not win or at least compete for conference titles every 4 years or so.  Making the MW title game years ago seems so far away from where the team is now. 

I would rather swing for the fences and crap out then just allow mediocrity.   

I hope to god Wyoming fires Bohl. You will never find someone better than Bohl and you will end up like unlv or unm w out him…zero recruiting footprint and zero reason any player would choose Wyoming over another university

you guys should be grateful you win more than 4 games a year 

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

46 minutes ago, WasatchAggie said:

I imagine Urban Meyer may be looking for a job fairly soon.  

Will HCSAddazio be wyo's Search Committee when they hire Urban?

Honestly I think Bohl has done what Wyoming envisioned, he has made them relevant again. He is giving them winning seasons where before they were kind of here and there and then back to losing seasons. I mean there really isn't anything to fire him about now, they could no renew the contracts of the the coordinators having him find new ones 

We just got a new OC. So, simply swapping to a new one so soon isn't going to do anyone any favors.

But, as much as Chambers has done, including leading the Pokes to a win over Mizzou, he isn't the same anymore after 3 devastating leg injuries (kudos to him for still trying though). And his passing... he has the power, but his accuracy and consistency simply aren't there. Levi Williams had last year and was lucky to be over 50% in any game. The transfer, I know nothing about.

7 hours ago, son of a gun said:

We just got a new OC. So, simply swapping to a new one so soon isn't going to do anyone any favors.

But, as much as Chambers has done, including leading the Pokes to a win over Mizzou, he isn't the same anymore after 3 devastating leg injuries (kudos to him for still trying though). And his passing... he has the power, but his accuracy and consistency simply aren't there. Levi Williams had last year and was lucky to be over 50% in any game. The transfer, I know nothing about.

Yes QB should be the #1 priority in our recruiting budget. I think it’s time for Levi to take over and get his shot in a somewhat normal year. Chambers needs to be done. 

tetons1.jpg

We should not fire Bohl and here's why our program has been shit before Bohl became a coach in mwc era and here's proof

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/wyoming/index.html

only good coach before bohl was joe tiller and after that it has been shit until bohl shown up.