Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SLCPoke

Fire Craig Bohl

10 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Nah, I think you need to look at the coordinators really. Wyoming, except for his first two years have been consistant team with winning records.

That's exactly the problem.  The offense has been a problem pretty much for the entire Bohl tenure except for one year.  

He refuses to make fundamental changes to address it for the most part. 

Looks like the D guy coach that went to Washington St is doing a hell of a job there. Turned the WS defense into a good D.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

I get pissed at Bohl, but if he would just do a true overhaul of the offense he could have something pretty special in Laramie.  

I just don't know what game film he is watching to not see these problems.  

The defense, getting guys to the NFL has been good, but +++++, that offense has just been horrendous.  

47 minutes ago, PokeTransplant said:

Define overachieving, from the perspective of a UNM fan?

Well he has done more with less in Wyo. You guys may not win the recruiting wars but you do play sound football and most games you win is because Bohl out coached his opponent.

1 hour ago, Wyobraska said:

Bohl should have used the bye week to get Levi or someone else ready as the starters and make some changes to the offense.  

I agree.  Look, I feel bad for Sean Chambers.  Three season ending injuries as a Cowboy.  The kid has given his heart and health to UW football but it's clear he is not the same runner he was.  The injuries have taken a toll on his body and perhaps also his psyche.  He has never been a threat with his arm and now he is not a threat with his legs either.  He looks uncomfortable on most plays.  Bohl stuck with Chambers far too long and I hope at least now he has moved on.  Levi Williams is not a great passer but he needs to get the bulk of the reps for the remainder of the season.  There is no excuse for the Cowboys poor performance in the running game other than the opposing team doesn't have to worry about the Cowboy passing attack and they game plan to stop the run.  If Levi is even a little better passer than Chambers at this point it will be a positive.  Heck, I think Levi now is the more mobile of the two QB's.

7 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I agree.  Look, I feel bad for Sean Chambers.  Three season ending injuries as a Cowboy.  The kid has given his heart and health to UW football but it's clear he is not the same runner he was.  The injuries have taken a toll on his body and perhaps also his psyche.  He has never been a threat with his arm and now he is not a threat with his legs either.  He looks uncomfortable on most plays.  Bohl stuck with Chambers far too long and I hope at least now he has moved on.  Levi Williams is not a great passer but he needs to get the bulk of the reps for the remainder of the season.  There is no excuse for the Cowboys poor performance in the running game other than the opposing team doesn't have to worry about the Cowboy passing attack and they game plan to stop the run.  If Levi is even a little better passer than Chambers at this point it will be a positive.  Heck, I think Levi now is the more mobile of the two QB's.

I agree.  Chambers gave his all, but the team can't look at the past.  The current Chambers just isn't a threat in either capacity.  Reminds me of Taylor Martinez to be honest.  

Levi is far from perfect, but give him some reps and time to get settled.  I think he would be an improvement, even if just a small one.  

14 minutes ago, utgrizfan said:

I like Bohl mainly from his time at NDSU but I have to agree this was rough to watch. Bare minimum he needs to look at getting a new O coordinator and actually recruit a true QB

He just got a new O coordinator, but as a Griz fan you already know that.