Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

azgreg

State and county fairs

29 minutes ago, azgreg said:

Me and the wife are headed to the Arizona State Fair after work today. This will the first fair without kids in over 25 years. 

The wife and I are going to the Yuma County Fair tonight. It got pushed back from its normal first week of April because of COVID.

Fair food is either phucking disgusting or insanely delicious, there's no middle ground. Also, what's the deal with Hot Cheetos all of a sudden? It's being put on literally everything. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

I haven't been to a fair since, I don't know... 2011 or something when I last went to the Tulare County Fair. 

I've heard that the NC State Fair (which started this weekend) is really cool, but I just don't have an overriding desire to go. But, here's some examples of some new foods available there this year.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article254927297.html

I used to love the fair as a 13-15 year old kid.  Just something about the ambiance that made the Freshmen girls exceedingly slutty.  I last went in 2019, for the first time in years.  Boise is just getting too big I feel for a fair.  Too much traffic, any decent ride had a long ass line, as did the good food trucks.  

22 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I used to love the fair as a 13-15 year old kid.  Just something about the ambiance that made the Freshmen girls exceedingly slutty.  I last went in 2019, for the first time in years.  Boise is just getting too big I feel for a fair.  Too much traffic, any decent ride had a long ass line, as did the good food trucks.  

The people watching is awesome.

People, not a fan.

Just now, azgreg said:

The people watching is awesome.

Indeed.  Best part of the fair.  It looks like Boise may do away with the fair going forward around 2024-25 as they are looking at selling the fair grounds.  I really, really hope they don't put up condos or some shit.

23 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Indeed.  Best part of the fair.  It looks like Boise may do away with the fair going forward around 2024-25 as they are looking at selling the fair grounds.  I really, really hope they don't put up condos or some shit.

Las Vegas acquired a large parcel of land right in the center of town, built a 500 million dollar symphony hall with beautiful art deco architecture (it's true, I'm not kidding), and then green lit apartments next to it on the same land.

Judge Judy Reaction GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs