Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Can a Republican Governor be this stupid?

He really doesn't like the first amendment. At the very least, is doing an excellent job of pretending not to understand it.

2 hours ago, robe said:

This has nothing to do with his political party.

Agreed. The guy is a moron, but that has nothing to do with him being a Republican. (Although there is a lot of crossover between those two qualifiers in a Venn diagram).

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

11 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Not sure about prosecution but he should be censored for lack of journalist ethics if there is such a thing. He’s probably going to face a number of lawsuits. 

For doing his job??? You need to explain your take for us dummies.

15 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Not sure about prosecution but he should be censored for lack of journalist ethics if there is such a thing. He’s probably going to face a number of lawsuits. 

Yes, there are journalistic ethics. But from what I see, there are no ethical lines that were crossed in this case. Care to explain your view?

1 minute ago, Wyoguns said:

It would’ve been unethical to publish before the SS numbers were removed.  Governor is way off base here imo

Correct. But the St. Louis Dispatch did the right thing here. The governor is apparently hostile to the First Amendment.

Here’s what makes the difference to me:

“Renaud also delayed publication of his findings until after website administrators were able to ensure the numbers were no longer publicly visible, regarded as standard good practice in cybersecurity reporting.”

So the reporter found the problem and made sure no one was damaged by it. Give the reporter a reward for goodness sake. 

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, Wyoguns said:

It would’ve been unethical to publish before the SS numbers were removed.  Governor is way off base here imo

Looks to me like someone underneath the governor in hierarchy is furiously covering his ass and Parson is simply too technologically illiterate to recognize it. 

I can never fully shake how disturbed I sometimes am in knowing that some of my distant forefathers were Missourians. To be clear, I’m grateful that I have documentation that many of my (direct) ancestors were Union folk. Still, I’m ever thankful that future generations came to their senses and left that state for greener pastures…

1 hour ago, ripple effect said:

I can never fully shake how disturbed I sometimes am in knowing that some of my distant forefathers were Missourians. To be clear, I’m grateful that I have documentation that many of my (direct) ancestors were Union folk. Still, I’m ever thankful that future generations came to their senses and left that state for greener pastures…

I feel this. My great-great grandparents were an arranged marriage between the children of the largest slave importer and largest slave auctioner in the US. Not something I'm at all proud of.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

3 hours ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Guys, the governor of one of the blackest states is a klansman. I think Mississippi will survive this one.

Probably...since its Missouri...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.