Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Let's hear both sides

here we are at the "...yeah, I know, but Hitler had some good points" portion of our downfall.

I gave @bornontheblue some guff about putting "attempted coup" on a pros and cons list about whether or not to vote for Trump again but this is much worse lol.

10 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Umm...is the Holocaust really a "widely debated and currently controversial" issue? :facepalm:

Seems this is driven by a new Texas law..........that was geared more to countering "liberal indoctrination" that the right is obsessed with...........and it got down to heavier subjects like the Holocaust 

But expect this to become more the norm as the right decides to now retool how education works & is taught across the country since the paranoia of indoctrination of kids is at a fever pitch among righties with their sudden concerns over 'critical race theory'.

This dumbass asst. coach would have been just fine in Texas, apparently.

"This is probably not going to get a good review, but I’m going to say Adolf Hitler," Berger replied. "It was obviously very sad and he had bad motives, but the way he was able to lead was second-to-none. How he rallied a group and a following, I want to know how he did that. Bad intentions of course, but you can’t deny he wasn’t [sic] a great leader."

https://www.si.com/college/2020/01/30/grand-valley-state-lakers-morris-berger-resigns-hitler-comments

According to Texas, there are "very fine people on both sides". :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

I want to talk about the Holocaust

Holocaust = Raced based Eugenics.

Nazis learned the Eugenics ropes from Americans. Nazis learned a lot about race based segregation from Americans as well

Still want to keep talking about the Holocaust, Lefty?

Are you defending the Holocaust? Or saying it didn't happen?

10 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Clark County School District in NV has their own police force 

2 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

That's weird too.  Why?

Washoe County School District has it's own police force as well.  I'm not quite sure why.  But there's an officer at every high school and I believe middle school as well.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, mugtang said:

Washoe County School District has it's own police force as well.  I'm not quite sure why.  But there's an officer at every high school and I believe middle school as well.

We have resource officers too but they are from the municipal police force or the sherrifs office.

Texas appears to use them as security at their board meetings.

2 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

That's weird too.  Why?

Not sure as to why...........think it's the only district in NV with a police force, but then most districts in NV are county wide and are small in student numbers............CCSD is the 5th largest school district in the US based on number of students

Just now, HR_Poke said:

We have resource officers too but they are from the municipal police force or the sherrifs office.

Texas appears to use them as security at their board meetings.

Just now, UNLV2001 said:

Not sure as to why...........think it's the only district in NV with a police force, but then most districts in NV are county wide and are small in student numbers............CCSD is the 5th largest school district in the US based on number of students

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clark_County_School_District_Police_Department

The department was originally formed in 1967 as school security and it was not until 1971 that the state legislature granted the officers in the department status as police officers.

On July 7, 2007, Nevada Revised Statutes expanded the patrol areas for school police to include traffic duty on streets adjacent to school property.[1]

The motto of the Clark County School District Police Department is "Prevention Before Apprehension," which can be seen painted on the rears of their vehicles.

The CCSDPD has a workforce of 49 civilian employees and 161 sworn officers. The command and executive staff consist of 17 sergeants, six lieutenants, two captains, and a chief of police.

The CCSDPD is divided into four police Area Commands with only one police officers assigned to every high school and patrol officers assigned to patrol each command area, primed to respond to the needs of all District elementary, middle, and high schools.

In addition, CCSDPD police officers patrol 24/7 on three different shifts (Days/Swings/Graves) covering all property and buildings belonging to CCSD.

The CCSDPD also has a Motorcycle Traffic Unit with four Officers and one Sergeant assigned, who respond to district vehicle accidents and traffic concerns.

There is a Detective Bureau, Training Bureau, and Communications Bureau consisting of a Fingerprint Unit, Records Unit, and Dispatch Center, totaling about 21 civilian employees.

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Must have been added after I left WCSD - Don't recall WCSD police back in my day 

Washoe County School District police react after Florida shooting | KRNV