Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AztecSU

SDSU @ SJSU

19 minutes ago, USU78 said:

Missed nearly all of this game. Came back from working late to see the last possession in regulation. Couldn't be prouder of both teams. Kicking and clawing and fighting to the end.

I love this kinda game.

Be grateful you missed it. Loads of penalties, negating good plays. Sloppy play at times.

I've witnessed worse, 

but this was Butt Fugly.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

I watched the first half of this game last night before going to bed.  IMO San Jose State was robbed of victory by the only official on the field who was female.   Her very faulty call of a facemask on the SJSU Center cost SJS the only touchdown scored in the first half (on a pass to a wide open receiver in the end zone on about a 40 yd pass).  This female official never should have thrown the flag because as the replay very clearly showed the SJS center did not GRAB the defensive players facemask.   The only thing he did was touch the facemask with several of his fingers.  There was no grabbing involved on that play.   Her incorrect call screwed San Jose State out of a touchdown because she apparently doesn't know the difference between touching and grabbing. 

Go figure a woman who doesn't know the difference between touching and grabbing.

friends-joey.gif

5 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

I watched the first half of this game last night before going to bed.  IMO San Jose State was robbed of victory by the only official on the field who was female.   Her very faulty call of a facemask on the SJSU Center cost SJS the only touchdown scored in the first half (on a pass to a wide open receiver in the end zone on about a 40 yd pass).  This female official never should have thrown the flag because as the replay very clearly showed the SJS center did not GRAB the defensive players facemask.   The only thing he did was touch the facemask with several of his fingers.  There was no grabbing involved on that play.   Her incorrect call screwed San Jose State out of a touchdown because she apparently doesn't know the difference between touching and grabbing. 

Go figure a woman who doesn't know the difference between touching and grabbing.

friends-joey.gif

Ok Gruden. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

48 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

His main problem at both schools is that he tends to immediately get injured. He started a game last year, was injured in the first half, and that was pretty much all she wrote. 

Brumfield can relate. He's started two first halves, out in the second half both times. Would have made the difference in a couple of games.

28 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Be grateful you missed it. Loads of penalties, negating good plays. Sloppy play at times.

I've witnessed worse, 

but this was Butt Fugly.

Why do you hate defensive slugfests?

Defensophobe!

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

51 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

friends-joey.gif

I have you the Hair emoji for claiming a female ref is less than a male ref. And for making the sexist statement.

btw, the replays clearly showed the defenders face mask was turned to the side by the grab of the mask. Albeit the lineman did let go, he still grabbed and pulled.

If your equating the loss to the refs, they made some shady calls against the Aztecs as well.

Americans Mayor

34 minutes ago, USU78 said:

Why do you hate defensive slugfests?

Defensophobe!

I prefer Good Defensive games over Barn burners. I've seen many a good defensive slugfest and enjoyed it. This was ugly. Loads of penalties. Sloppy play. No rhythm to the game. Especially with the numerous reviews.

That and the Aztec QB was was horrible. He missed a lot of open receivers. He was so bad they pulled him at the start of the 4th quarter.

Americans Mayor

31 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

friends-joey.gif

He actually pulled on the facemask for a second. , but yes overall the officiating was all against SJSU until Shawcroft recovered the fumble and they still gave the ball to SJSU.

52 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

friends-joey.gif

Idaho folk. Instead of blaming an official for a poor call he brings an entire gender with him!! The real question: should she be wearing shoes?  😂😂😂

30 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

He actually pulled on the facemask for a second. , but yes overall the officiating was all against SJSU until Shawcroft recovered the fumble and they still gave the ball to SJSU.

The offensive pass interference call could have went the other way too. The DB was holding the receivers jersey prior to having his arm grabbed. I honestly think it pretty much balanced out. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 hour ago, Bronco7454 said:

friends-joey.gif

Lot's of male referees have made the same horrible call. Play-caller, Aaron...whatever his last name is...concluded the say as you. The incidental facemask touch didn't affect the play. It shouldn't have been called.

While that call hurt, the worse one was one of our idiot ST players was called for taunting after the Spartans forced a punt. That called put the Aztecs in field goal range. They made. Had our idiot player (#6, I think) had not done that, we likely win 6-3. As the Aztecs missed their next FG attempt and never back in range to try another one.

This game was a 4 long argument amongst old folks fighting over the bill at a restaurant

SJS = "Put your wallet away Monty, it's my turn to pay"

SUDS - "No way Sparty, I got this"

REFS "Your money's no good here SUDS, you ain't paying"

Brennan "No way I'm going through that coaching carrousel crap again, here's all the cash for the bill and a 200% tip!"  

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

8 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Nash rolls to the left and squares his shoulders downfield better than any right handed QB I can recall rn.

The drop back misdirection was really effective too, until our last play in OT. 

SUDS still knew where the ball was going on every throw though. #triplecoverage #workinprogress

Aztec db's react very well to balls in the air. Unfortunately, the replays sucked last night. But, when they had them, Nash was throwing to guy in single coverage. The Aztec safeties closed to the ball quickly.

In fact, the pick in OT was by a db covering another receiver who made a one handed grab and took the ball away from his teammate.

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, Bronco7454 said:

Ok, clueless wonder

Just who is the clueless one? Your team has been in the conference for a decade yet you obviously still haven't learned that its officiating is always gawd awful.

Nor have you learned that the number of horrible calls they make even out over the course of a season.

Plus you're apparently a misogynist. Get stuffed.

2 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

I prefer Good Defensive games over Barn burners. I've seen many a good defensive slugfest and enjoyed it. This was ugly. Loads of penalties. Sloppy play. No rhythm to the game. Especially with the numerous reviews.

That and the Aztec QB was was horrible. He missed a lot of open receivers. He was so bad they pulled him at the start of the 4th quarter.

Dentite.jpg

Champ Logo.jpg