Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AztecSU

SDSU @ SJSU

I don't usually start these but what the heck. The all time series is now 22-20-2 in favor of SDSU. SJSU won in San Diego last year and then went on to have their best year in the MW so far culminating with a Conference Championship. A lot of returners on both sides and the game was physical and chippy last year. This one could get interesting. The spread is about -9.5 SDSU, which seems about right, but if the Spartans can contain the Aztecs' running game this could be the lowest total scoring game in the conference this season, just a hunch.

image.png.99547debeaad03a6aa8278c8c9af8cf2.png

43 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

It kinda did.. SDSU had Starkel's number. 

I will add, in the last decade the teams that gave us fits usually had either a mobile QB and/or an oversized WR that is lined at up at TE. Look at what USA did to us during two of our best seasons, or what Diese (Sp?) did to us last year in this game. Even the Utah game was under complete control until they put in a much more mobile backup QB. 

3 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

We don’t share injury info. You’ll find out at kickoff like everyone else and like it.

I see the wisdom behind that now. 👍🏻Unfortunatley after what I’ve seen I don’t think they have anything to worry about, nothing at all.

This is one of those games where in spite of being prohibitive favorites, my stomach is churning with anxiety as this is the moment where the Aztecs have historically played down to their level of competition.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

A bigger concern for the Spartans going into this game is the injury situation on the defensive line. Three down lineman, (Jay Kakiva, Lando Grey, and Christian Johnson), that played significantly all of last season have been out. Johnson hasn't played all season (though he did suit up last week). Grey went down two weeks ago and Kakiva the week before. Colorado State was able to run straight up the gut in the second half of last week's game, which is something no team was able to do with any consistency in 2020, or earlier in this season. I can see the Aztecs pounding the rock in this one with much success if those three linemen are still out. I'd rather see those three return than I would Starkel.

Champ Logo.jpg

Eight hours plus to kickoff. Late night starts suck rocks.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor