Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AztecSU

Updated Revenue & Expenses: D1 Programs

FYI for those who weren't sure what the columns actually meant.

Total Revenue: Includes all sources of operating revenue.

Total Expenses: Includes all operating expenses.

Total Allocated: The sum of student fees, direct and indirect institutional support and state money allocated to the athletics department, minus certain funds the department transferred back to the school. The transfer amount cannot exceed the sum of student fees and direct institutional support that the department receives from the school. (Under NCAA reporting rules, any additional money transferred to the school cannot be considered part of the department’s annual operating revenues or expenses.)

The NCAA and others consider student fees, direct and indirect institutional support and state money “allocated,” or everything not generated by the department’s athletics functions.

Percent allocated: Percent of revenues from allocated sources

4 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Right? Either this update is faulty or Oregon is the most lucrative public program by a lot. 

It seems faulty to me.  Their FY2019 budget was $120M.

image.png.a03618b7c2f2ad524ad5c290ec3bb8e2.png

21 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

It seems faulty to me.  Their FY2019 budget was $120M.

image.png.a03618b7c2f2ad524ad5c290ec3bb8e2.png

According to the income notes when you click on Oregon, 2020 Revenue includes a one-time, non-cash gift of the Hayward Field and Track field facility renovation totaling $270M, which makes up the difference between the $120M budget you show above. 

3 hours ago, Slapdad said:

According to the income notes when you click on Oregon, 2020 Revenue includes a one-time, non-cash gift of the Hayward Field and Track field facility renovation totaling $270M, which makes up the difference between the $120M budget you show above. 

University of Oregon unveils stunning renditions for Hayward Field  renovation - Addicted To Quack

https://www.oregonlive.com/education/2021/07/penny-and-phil-knight-donate-500-million-to-university-of-oregon-research-campus.html

The University of Oregon today announced a second $500 million gift from Penny and Phil Knight, launching the next phase of the university’s westside research campus in Eugene.

The Oregon power couple provided the original half-a-billion-dollar gift in 2016 that launched the university’s Campus for Accelerating Scientific Impact, which aims to translate scientific discoveries into advances in healthcare and other fields.

The latest gift pushes the total UO contributions by the Knights to the $1.5 billion range. The U.S. Track and Field Olympic Trials were just concluded in the stunning new Hayward Field. The $270 million project was funded primarily by Phil Knight, a former runner at the university.

I'm surprised to see Weber State below Big West Schools in Revenue. They get lot of bang for the buck with good FB and 50/50 B-ball.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

5 hours ago, AztecSU said:

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances

image.png.92b70c15a8cff181f7b75627e4bda6e1.png

image.png.798ca26f15e2974d6dc59a5041580949.png

Am I crazy or have things changed a lot over the last few years?

AAC because you know it's gonna come up...

image.png.eecb659f783501849f40b32ad386bde7.png

Discuss

UNT is the only public expansion candidate on this side of the Mississippi, that has a budget that fits with the MWC.  They have a larger budget than USU, Nevada, UNM, and SJSU despite getting far less on CUSA’s TV deal. I think UNT is the only school that could join the conference and be somewhat competitive in most sports. 

SMU isn’t listed on this site, but I believe they would have the largest budget in the MW (~$70m) if they joined. 

UNM has cratered since 2014 when we were #1 at 47 million Revenue. Most of the conference has passed us. We supposed to renovate The Pit and rake in the cash, since we paid all those millions to renovate it. It still doesn’t look like we have turned it around. 
We are getting more bang for the buck, earning more league titles last year rhan anyone else. 

F59A9804-CF5F-40A9-8168-7FF36830E8E6.png.b4ad5677a7c9876e3e3544b870d54901.png

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

14 minutes ago, lobo-tomy said:

UNM has cratered since 2014 when we were #1 at 47 million Revenue. Most of the conference has passed us. We supposed to renovate The Pit and rake in the cash, since we paid all those millions to renovate it. It still doesn’t look like we have turned it around. 
We are getting more bang for the buck, earning more league titles last year rhan anyone else. 

F59A9804-CF5F-40A9-8168-7FF36830E8E6.png.b4ad5677a7c9876e3e3544b870d54901.png

What has contributed to the decline besides sub standard football?  Has to more than just that?  

4 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I just threw up reading that article. Mostly because Phil Knight is one ugly dude!