Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sactowndog

Manchin/Sinema Squeeze

4 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Lol, I think you are joking? 

Just wait until interest rates go up to fight inflation and the cost to the federal government to borrow money just to fund all the bullshit we have goes way up. Just wait until the largest item on the federal budget is interest on the debt, and the whole thing comes crashing down. 

PRINT MOAR MONEY!!!!

11 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Lol, I think you are joking? 

Just wait until interest rates go up to fight inflation and the cost to the federal government to borrow money just to fund all the bullshit we have goes way up. Just wait until the largest item on the federal budget is interest on the debt, and the whole thing comes crashing down. 

I wish I was but this the reality we live in. Powerful people think these stupid things. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

4 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Oh my man. Modern monetary theory is so hot right now. We don’t have to pay for anything because inflation isn’t real. We only tax the rich to limit income inequality.

I'm not a MMT guy, but the credible proponents of it absolutely believe inflation is real

7 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

They have to get all these things done at once, that they swear are very popular except that somehow they’re going to be out of power for the foreseeable future because the other party is somehow going to suppress the vote.

That's not the argument anyone credible is putting forward.

7 hours ago, HR_Poke said:

Wishing them nothing but the worst because they didn't pass the legislation you wanted is a bit childish. 

I wasn't being entirely serious, but his actions will increase the child poverty rate. I'm certainly not going to praise him for that

4 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

So the President and his talk of Jim Eagle is not credible? Come on man!

Lol, love slipping in his signature catch phrase.

So here is a question.  How can the IRS scan through your bank accounts without a search warrant, as described in the reconciliation bill and it not be a 4th amendment violation?

1 hour ago, HR_Poke said:

So here is a question.  How can the IRS scan through your bank accounts without a search warrant, as described in the reconciliation bill and it not be a 4th amendment violation?

2 hours ago, HR_Poke said:

Until they actually do it to someone the Supreme Court can’t rule against it.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Until they actually do it to someone the Supreme Court can’t rule against it.

I know, but I can't believe they think it will pass muster. And they are counting on it to make up a lot of revenue in the bill.

7 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

I know, but I can't believe they think it will pass muster. And they are counting on it to make up a lot of revenue in the bill.

Hopefully it won’t. But I don’t see why Congress would care. If it gets struck down the deficit balloons even more. The baloney about how this is paid for will be far off in the rear view mirror and the spending will stay.

Hopefully it won’t. But I don’t see why Congress would care. If it gets struck down the deficit balloons even more. The baloney about how this is paid for will be far off in the rear view mirror and the spending will stay.

Oh I know.  More underfunded and unfunded entitlement programs....  Hey maybe we should shore up the ones we got before adding more....

oh your truck is burning oil and needs new brakes?  Nah phuck it, lets use all the money to get it lifted with sweet rims.....

6 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

Oh I know.  More underfunded and unfunded entitlement programs....  Hey maybe we should shore up the ones we got before adding more....

oh your truck is burning oil and needs new brakes?  Nah phuck it, lets use all the money to get it lifted with sweet rims.....

c279e0be-409b-4780-886e-2df22facc756_tex

I hear you man. But this country is gonna have to wait until it really gets caught in the gears before they take it seriously. Nobody in power even pretends to care anymore.

c279e0be-409b-4780-886e-2df22facc756_tex

I hear you man. But this country is gonna have to wait until it really gets caught in the gears before they take it seriously. Nobody in power even pretends to care anymore.

why would they if spending money gets them re-elected.... 

Mall Rats.... Classic. 

1 hour ago, HR_Poke said:

They need to go ba k to the PAYGO system of the 90s . Which is one of the reasons we ended up with a budget surplus in those years. 

if you want new spending somewhere , you have to pay for every penny of it by cutting somewhere else , or raising revenue. 

I see the conjob debt and deficit scolds are back at it again without any shame whatsoever.  JUST AS WE PREDICTED!!  Austerity when Democrats are in charge and drunken sailors when Republicans are!

I will say Biden really screwed this thing up when he OVER COMPLICATED it.  All these sundry programs and new bureaucracies.  He should have just massively jacked up taxes on the wealthy to fair levels and made the child tax credit permanent and WITHOUT a work requirement.  Isn't raising kids WORK no matter how much money you make?!?  :shrug:  Everyone should get the universal benefit and it should also come back to take care of seniors.  Daycare and eldercare are not free and we spend FAR less than other developed nations.  

Democrats are stupid for segmenting beneficiaries into narrow groups so cons can attack College Students or welfare queens, etc.  These programs need to be broad based.  

They should have rolled into the mid-terms with budget surpluses as well so the conjobs could only bitch about wanting to give tax cuts to the poor wealthy.  How to spend the surplus (more checks?!?!) would be a much better thing to run on in 2022!  Even Manchin agrees we need to tax the wealthy more.      

Posted Image

6 hours ago, HR_Poke said:

Exactly.  That would get challenged in court quick.