Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

Unemployment benefits

16 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I didn't work during the school year for the same reason. lots of AP classes, swimming, XC, science olympiad, ocean bowl. 

my mom said "happy your job is to qualify for scholarships that's more money than you'll ever make working in high school". Gonzaga agreed. 

She got a full ride to the College of Idaho. I am so proud of her. 

She has dreams of going to law school. We were in Seattle a few weeks ago and she loved the University of WA. 

9 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Corporations automate stuff as soon as the technology is viable, period. 

No it also has to pencil out in terms of return.  As someone who has sold technology, I can guarantee it’s not build it and they will come.  

13 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

I'd be ok if all the CA and TX imports in CO migrated to the midwest or south.  Done nothing but drive up costs here.

except the hot ones right

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

26 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

No it also has to pencil out in terms of return.  As someone who has sold technology, I can guarantee it’s not build it and they will come.  

And as someone with, you know, eyes, that could see fast food restaurants and grocery stores start automating things before CA passed a $15/hr minimum wage (which still hasn’t gone in to effect yet), I can guarantee it would have happened anyway. 

5 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

And as someone with, you know, eyes, that could see fast food restaurants and grocery stores start automating things before CA passed a $15/hr minimum wage (which still hasn’t gone in to effect yet), I can guarantee it would have happened anyway. 

good. it seems like there are enough other jobs for people. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-business-health-94814d87baa33b872ab0602f63a41b46

WASHINGTON (AP) — The number of Americans applying for unemployment benefits fell to its lowest level since the pandemic began, a sign the job market is still improving even as hiring has slowed in the past two months.

Unemployment claims dropped 36,000 to 293,000 last week, the second straight drop, the Labor Department said Thursday. That’s the smallest number of people to apply for benefits since the week of March 14, 2020, when the pandemic intensified, and the first time claims have dipped below 300,000. Applications for jobless aid, which generally track the pace of layoffs, have fallen steadily since last spring as many businesses, struggling to fill jobs, have held onto their workers.

5 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

I'm married so no, they all need to go....  (Wifes looking over my shoulder as I type this)

but for your kids. you want the hot ones to stay so their hot kids are on the market for your kids. thats just science. 

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

you say that now. I bet you in 5 years people will be saying "good god now is such a stupid time to build a house shoulda done it 5 years ago"

Yeah. 5-7 years ago we were seeing some of the houses in our neighborhood being built and my wife said to me "can you believe they are spending that much on a house without a finished basement" now we are spending more than double(slightly bigger and with a finished basement but still)

3 hours ago, robe said:

Cut it is impossible, restructuring it should be done.

Maybe stop pouring money into the economy 1st and see what happens. We completely overstimulated it. Even Clinton’s financial advisor was worried about what was going to happen. I’m worried that we still haven’t faced all the negative consequences of it. 

Why? What do you believe is the percentage of fraud and/or abuse in our current system?

56 minutes ago, happycamper said:

but for your kids. you want the hot ones to stay so their hot kids are on the market for your kids. thats just science. 

lol.  My buddy got a breakthrough case of covid and finally lost his sense of taste yesterday.  He's been experimenting with what he can taste and can't taste.  Said scotch tasted like nothing. but Ginger ale and vodka tasted normal.  He wasnts to try orange juice and vodka.  Claims it was all for Science!

4 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

lol.  My buddy got a breakthrough case of covid and finally lost his sense of taste yesterday.  He's been experimenting with what he can taste and can't taste.  Said scotch tasted like nothing. but Ginger ale and vodka tasted normal.  He wasnts to try orange juice and vodka.  Claims it was all for Science!

I can confirm that I could still taste ginger ale and really all things ginger. coffee, beer, whiskey, nothing so I stopped trying for a month (a thing I do once a year anyway) and at the end of the month they worked right again. 

man mwcboard more scientific than... all news?

2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I can confirm that I could still taste ginger ale and really all things ginger. coffee, beer, whiskey, nothing so I stopped trying for a month (a thing I do once a year anyway) and at the end of the month they worked right again. 

man mwcboard more scientific than... all news?

I only had like 3 to 4 days where I couldn't taste anything unless it was sour.  Coffee came back but it tasted burnt.  Toothpaste tasted god awful like it was mold.  Most everything is back to normal but hot sauce, for some reason it tastes really earthy like I'm eating straight rye.  

8 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

I only had like 3 to 4 days where I couldn't taste anything unless it was sour.  Coffee came back but it tasted burnt.  Toothpaste tasted god awful like it was mold.  Most everything is back to normal but hot sauce, for some reason it tastes really earthy like I'm eating straight rye.  

I made a lot of garlic/ginger/rice stir fries and then also ate a decent amount of burgers as the fatty mouthfeel was still there. in general ate a lot healthier though. 

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

I made a lot of garlic/ginger/rice stir fries and then also ate a decent amount of burgers as the fatty mouthfeel was still there. in general ate a lot healthier though. 

given up drinking because beer tasted wrong.  Not sure if that will stick but it's better for me health wise. 

Just now, HR_Poke said:

given up drinking because beer tasted wrong.  Not sure if that will stick but it's better for me health wise. 

the truth in this is what hurts me

Just now, happycamper said:

the truth in this is what hurts me

it was a sad moment.  tried a beer at the airforce game for the first time in a month.  only drank like 1/4 of it and just gave up....

Just now, HR_Poke said:

it was a sad moment.  tried a beer at the airforce game for the first time in a month.  only drank like 1/4 of it and just gave up....

let me guess you started drinking about 3 minutes left in the 2nd quarter and you stopped at half time :pitchforks:

5 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

no got it at the beginning of the 3rd quarter

you can never drink again. sorry man :(