Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kalua pig

hawai’i @ nevada

In a werid way I am voting for Nevada. Hawaii has to get to 2 loses for Fresno to have a chance to win. I get the odds aren't great Hawaii wins out (even if they do upset nevada this week) but I would rather just eliminate that possibility.

I also acknowledge Fresno probably isn't going to win out and the west winner will probably be nevada or sdsu but there is still hope until we drop another game.

13 minutes ago, thedude15 said:

In a werid way I am voting for Nevada. Hawaii has to get to 2 loses for Fresno to have a chance to win. I get the odds aren't great Hawaii wins out (even if they do upset nevada this week) but I would rather just eliminate that possibility.

I also acknowledge Fresno probably isn't going to win out and the west winner will probably be nevada or sdsu but there is still hope until we drop another game.

None of us think we're gonna beat you guys in a cake walk or anything.

18 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Let's see Saturday is a high of 70 here so by game time it could be in the 50s, Hawa'ii players might freeze

We said the same thing the last time they came to town.  It was freezing cold and raining and we ended up getting blown out 54-3 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

25 minutes ago, mugtang said:

We said the same thing the last time they came to town.  It was freezing cold and raining and we ended up getting blown out 54-3 

That was because our team forgot we were playing a game that day. But the slow starts are worrysome to me, something that could snowball

Hawaii’s record against Strong and Haener is 4-0. Ponder that.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

However Hawai'i has always been one of those games that are like 50/50 going into the season truthfully. We have won some we shouldn't have and lost some that we shouldn't have. Every year that is one of my toss up games on the schedule.

58 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Was one of the biggest 'no-shows' I've ever seen by the Pack at home.

Kudos to UH for jamming up and ignoring the blustery night. They wanted to show up for Rolovich vs his old squad.

Am sure Coach Jay will show them some of those videos. I left in the 3rd I was so pissed, there was no urgency at all from the Blue side.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

2 hours ago, Warbow said:

Hawaii’s record against Strong and Haener is 4-0. Ponder that.

"Mr. Hainey" please!

2 hours ago, battle.borne said:

Hawaii is gonna get poi pounded.

I’m with BB. I just returned from LL Hawaiian Barbecue (which isn’t very good btw) and they didn’t seem very confident at all. They said something about Hawaii being a paper chicken this season?

4 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Was one of the biggest 'no-shows' I've ever seen by the Pack at home.

Kudos to UH for jamming up and ignoring the blustery night. They wanted to show up for Rolovich vs his old squad.

Am sure Coach Jay will show them some of those videos. I left in the 3rd I was so pissed, there was no urgency at all from the Blue side.

That was one of the very worst Pack games I’ve ever seen. The Hawaii Bowl against SMU was another. The second half against USU in 2010 was probably the worst half. USU had no points at HT.  They scored 42 on us in the 2nd half. We could not stop them and never did. Luckily we had 35 at HT and won 56-42.

kat.jpg

8 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

That was one of the very worst Pack games I’ve ever seen. The Hawaii Bowl against SMU was another. The second half against USU in 2010 was probably the worst half. USU had no points at HT.  They scored 42 on us in the 2nd half. We could not stop them and never did. Luckily we had 35 at HT and won 56-42.

Notre Dame in 2009 was really bad, too. TCU in 2000 when David Neil was sacked like 11 times in the first half.