Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

The Great Resignation

9 minutes ago, tspoke said:

YEah they don't really line up but they kinda do. CEO is blaming air traffic control and weather. and the union is blaming the management for not having better systems in place to deal with issues caused by things like the weather. At least that is how I am reading it. So of course the CEO won't admit to that. Is there more going on here? Maybe, Probably? But I don't think this has anything to do with a COVID mandate.

Hard to say.  The union president said they were opposed to it, and wanted additional details related to it.  There are concerns with the 90 day gap between if you have and recover from covid, and getting the vaccine because it pushes some pilots past the deadline of Friday.  Also if they get myocarditis from the vaccine it precludes them from flying her the FAA health requirements.  But he did site United and American having answers to a lot of that, and alluding to it being an acceptable response that they would take.  My guess is if they get their concerns answered they will probably fall in line until some members get fired. 

8 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I was curious too.  Then I looked it up, saw it was something dumb a reporter said, and the popularity from that is even more curious.  I guess they are owning people with it?

This is why I laugh at it.  That and people saying Phuck in public.  But my humor is that of a 13 year old...

2 hours ago, HR_Poke said:

This is why I laugh at it.  That and people saying Phuck in public.  But my humor is that of a 13 year old...

Our media is like Baghdad Bob anymore

The Masters 5k road race All American.

2 hours ago, tspoke said:

YEah they don't really line up but they kinda do. CEO is blaming air traffic control and weather. and the union is blaming the management for not having better systems in place to deal with issues caused by things like the weather. At least that is how I am reading it. So of course the CEO won't admit to that. Is there more going on here? Maybe, Probably? But I don't think this has anything to do with a COVID mandate.

I guess I haven't followed the weather lately, what weather calamity is causing the flight delays and cancellations?

Why would Southwest CEO make this comment?

Southwest CEO says he never wanted a Covid vaccine mandate but Biden forced his hand

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/12/covid-vaccine-southwest-ceo-gary-kelly-says-he-never-wanted-a-mandate.html

110926run_defense710.jpg

I think the SWA problems stem from a number of issues, maybe including the mandate, which all coincided to cause a meltdown. 

A good explanation I heard this morning about why SW was affected much more than others is because their business model is "point to point" and not "hub based" like all the others. This makes logistics much more difficult when personnel shortages happen.

4 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

I guess I haven't followed the weather lately, what weather calamity is causing the flight delays and cancellations?

Why would Southwest CEO make this comment?

Southwest CEO says he never wanted a Covid vaccine mandate but Biden forced his hand

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/12/covid-vaccine-southwest-ceo-gary-kelly-says-he-never-wanted-a-mandate.html

If it is the mandate the union will never say because it makes them look bad. They’ll make up some other story just like the airline did blaming it on weather. Unsubstantiated rumors indicate 30% of SWA pilots refuse to be vaccinated. Take that number of pilots out of the cockpits and SWA has a very serious problem. American Airlines is facing the same dilemma. Even 10% isn’t good. For most businesses

The Biden mandate is going to phuck a lot of businesses which will affect all of us. 

I've seen "Let's go Brandon" pop up in the chat utility in a game, and tbh Im surprised I haven't heard someone say it out loud in a store or something. I personally think it's funny. If there had been a similar 'misspeak' of a "F*ck Donald Trump" chant I'm sure I would have found my way to a PA phone in a store or two. What's good for the goose is good for the gander; First Amendment and all that.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Just now, TheSanDiegan said:

I've seen "Let's go Brandon" pop up in the chat utility in a game, and tbh Im surprised I haven't heard someone say it out loud in a store or something. I personally think it's funny. If there had been a similar 'misspeak' of a "F*ck Donald Trump" chant I'm sure I would have found my way to a PA phone in a store or two. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Lol. People said a lot worse things about Trump. It’s karma Biden is getting the same treatment. It’s rare to see him speak in public anymore. 

I’m sure someone posted this already but a number have resigned over Biden’s COVID policies.

The supply chain and services continue to decline. 

54 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Lol. People said a lot worse things about Trump. It’s karma Biden is getting the same treatment. It’s rare to see him speak in public anymore. 

Biden would get booed in California. 

Let’s not forgot the standing ovation Trump got at the football championship in 2019 I think. That is even more rare.

1 minute ago, HR_Poke said:

What are brain flakes?

The guys from The Big Bang Theory?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

9 hours ago, Bob said:

F.uck  joe Biden

Whatever gets you thru the day, guy...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

12 minutes ago, Bob said:

Let's go Brandon!

man if biden had half as much power and ability as you ascribe to him i might have to worry about it

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.