Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Fresno State at Wyoming

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

There are major issues with how targeting is called.  I get it, but I hate it.

They need to put in a minor vs. major penalty, like roughing vs. running into kicker. You can say that's targeting, but does a guy really need to be ejected from a game for a play like that? 

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

Don't underestimate our ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. 

Dude. We’re WY. 

This could either be a blowout or a shit show similar to the SUDS/SAN game last night. 

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

Just now, Wyobraska said:

With how targeting is described, tough to not call it that.  

Ya i get it.  Its still bullshit. What BOTH players did was instinctual, not intentional.

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

3 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

They need to put in a minor vs. major penalty, like roughing vs. running into kicker. You can say that's targeting, but does a guy really need to be ejected from a game for a play like that? 

I 100% agree with you. It was penalty, but it shouldn't have been an ejection worthy one. 

+++++. 

Williams and Beerup must be +++++ing atrocious if we are continuing to coddle and enable Chambers.  

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

3 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

This makes by far the most sense.

Scary ass throw. 

Honestly I’ll take the targeting. The defense is flying around and I like it. I think it’s a crappy call because there is no obvious intent to be high. What they don’t take into account is Rome doesn’t have the opportunity to get lower to make the tackle. Piss poor rule. 

tetons1.jpg

Just now, son of a gun said:

Neyor is a damn good WR for us though.

He’s a stud. 

Super worried about him transferring. 

Just now, PokeTransplant said:

Late hit on Neyor?  If the stripes are going to call shit, let's call all of it....

I mean, Wyoming hit Cropper when he was out of bounds earlier on as well. 

1 minute ago, SLCPoke said:

Cropper was not out of bounds yet, or was stepping out. Neyor was 3 steps into the sideline. 

Not from what I saw, but okay.

I will say that there are barely any late hit calls these days, even when it's blatant. 

That’s inexcusable.