Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Fresno State at Wyoming

Not easy to win on the road as both Fresno and Wyoming found out in their last games. Fresno should win this based on their passing game, but I don’t discount the Pokes who play tough defense and if they get their run game going with Valliday Fresno’s possessions may be limited. 

Chambers is an enigma. He looks great at times and can’t hit the broadside of a barn others. When he is on his game he is tough with his running ability. 

Fresno by 21. 

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

Fresno is a 3 point favorite per the oddsmakers

Pokes are overrated.  Fresno should roll.

Wyoming is just starting to face tough competition.  I'm not saying they won't respond and live up to the hype, but they're just beginning to get the tests they need to develop to the level expected of them.

Nothing is ever easy in Laramie against Bohl, but I don't think Wyo is ready to shut down Fresno yet.

Good news for the Pokes.  Headbutt just dissed them and picked their opponent to destroy them.  Based on that, you might want to take the Pokes in this one.

Elimination game.

Who stays alive ?

Who hamstrings themselves ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

6 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Fresno is a 3 point favorite per the oddsmakers

So take the cover. 

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

I feel Wyoming will play much better in this one.  They were embarrassed by Air Force and will bounce back at home.  

I am fan of Chambers but if he struggles again, put in Williams and see what he can do.  Hoping X goes off.

11 minutes ago, gold-n-brown said:

I feel Wyoming will play much better in this one.  They were embarrassed by Air Force and will bounce back at home.  

I am fan of Chambers but if he struggles again, put in Williams and see what he can do.  Hoping X goes off.

Hoping X gets more than 8 carries if he is in fact healthy…

12 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

Unfortunately, I don't see the Pokes offense doing a lot in this one.  Hard to win when you don't score very much.  

Well if Fresno turns it over 6 times again you really don't have to do a whole lot on offense to win. 

This is really a turning point game for both teams. The winner can still think/hope to win their division. The loser is realistically moving in to the just get enough wins to make a bowl game category. Don't get me wrong a 6-2 WY or Fresno could win their division via tiebreakers but it would also take a lot of luck and I doubt it would happen. 

If the Pokes stumble out of the gate like they did against AFA last weekend, it could be a long Saturday afternoon in Laradise. I think they come in a bit more motivated and hopefully with a bit better of a game plan. Chambers may have been a bit too much inside his own head last weekend. Hopefully the staff can figure something out there and he can find a rhythm and consistency. 

4 minutes ago, dshawfan said:

While Saturday’s weather looks downright frigid to us SoCal types, it looks like it shouldn’t be a factor for either team’s attack. Have to think that’s a bigger benefit to FSU. 

Yes Fresno got a break with getting the early start time. I dont think it will get cold enough to truly affect the game. If we would have got the night slot instead it might have gotten cold enough to start affecting the game.

On 10/13/2021 at 10:22 AM, thedude15 said:

Yes Fresno got a break with getting the early start time. I dont think it will get cold enough to truly affect the game. If we would have got the night slot instead it might have gotten cold enough to start affecting the game.

Agreed it will be over 50 at kickoff which isn’t going to affect anybody. Prior to today, weather has been crappy all week. Too bad I love a good crap weather game at War Memorial.