Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleBlueGold

Philosophical Question of the Day

Am I alone in thinking Argentine food is just Italian food w/ a South American accent and a side of empanadas (which are just mini calzones)?

1 hour ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

I am alone in thinking Argentine food is just Italian food w/ a South American accent and a side of empanadas (which are just mini calzones)?

Understanding you have a problem is the 1st step...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

4 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

Chicagoan

Portillo's or don't even bother, 4RLTHO

Any of the beef and/or sausage sandwiches all the way, Cheese Fries and Birthday Cake Shake.

That is from the one by Disneyland, I've never actually been to Chicago. But if there's a place that serves a better beef sandwich, I'll go there.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

16 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Portillo's or don't even bother, 4RLTHO

Any of the beef and/or sausage sandwiches all the way, Cheese Fries and Birthday Cake Shake.

That is from the one by Disneyland, I've never actually been to Chicago. But if there's a place that serves a better beef sandwich, I'll go there.

Far better places than Portillos in Chicago to get everything other than the shake.  

Portillo's is for the tourists...

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

4 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

I have not, I'll have to pay attention next time.

don't do that man. it isn't good for you

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, RSF said:

Understanding you have a problem is the 1st step...

:D I typed quickly without paying attention.

2 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Am I alone in thinking Argentine food is just Italian food w/ a South American accent and a side of empanadas (which are just mini calzones)?

pretty much. a lot more meat though (like... more than we eat). I do miss a nice milanesa napolitana for lunch though 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

5 hours ago, HR_Poke said:

no, it's gastronomically redundant.  You already have a fruit with high levels of acidity in the sauce!

but if you add jalepenos the double acidity is justified. Lots of great pizzas you can do with different fruit combos. peaches and gorgonzola, figs and goat cheese, cherries and smoked sausage 

Just now, happycamper said:

but if you add jalepenos the double acidity is justified. Lots of great pizzas you can do with different fruit combos. peaches and gorgonzola, figs and goat cheese, cherries and smoked sausage 

Sir, I must ask you to leave this thread forthwith, never to return.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, RSF said:

Sir, I must ask you to leave this thread forthwith, never to return.

Thank you.

Come to Wenatchee and check it out. cherry season, pear season, peach season, apple season, Fire makes a seasonal fruit pizza with different flavor profiles that are spectacular. They use different meats, balsamic, strong cheeses... they're great pizzas. overpriced imo though.

Just now, happycamper said:

Come to Wenatchee and check it out. cherry season, pear season, peach season, apple season, Fire makes a seasonal fruit pizza with different flavor profiles that are spectacular. They use different meats, balsamic, strong cheeses... they're great pizzas. overpriced imo though.

My brother in law has family in Wenatchee.  Yes, great fruit country.  Not on a pizza.  It should be against the law.

NOW GOOD DAY TO YOU, SIR.

Just now, RSF said:

My brother in law has family in Wenatchee.  Yes, great fruit country.  Not on a pizza.  It should be against the law.

NOW GOOD DAY TO YOU, SIR.

1 minute ago, HR_Poke said:

No Pete the Cat!

Ryan Stiles Middle Finger GIF

that looks like one groovy dude