Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

Boise State is now practially a M*A*S*H* unit

6 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Bummer.  Why do you think anyone outside of Boise cares?  We all started playing short handed as soon as our first game started.  Tough shit.  Deal with it, the rest of us are.

Fully agree.

SDSU has played this season without two starting safeties who were injured in Fall Camp. 

No whining from Aztec Nation.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

21 hours ago, nvspuds said:

I would like to feel sorry for Boise State but I don't..Every MW school has injuries every season..

Yeah…BJC can join the Spartans. Sparty is beat to shit. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

13 hours ago, wolfan said:

With fading in the 2nd 1/2 & all the injuries it does make one wonder about the strength & conditioning program.  Did the new coaches bring in new trainers?

They did.  No more tractor tires, etc.   They have gotten alot more modern/technical from what I've heard.   Plus it sounds like Avalos and staff push much harder in practice than Harsin's.   Avalos made a comment after last game to the effect 'they are figuring out you just don't show up to practice' or similar to that.  And that they practiced harder than they ever had the week before. 

We came out of the AFA game, relatively unhurt, but bruised and beat up for sure. In fact, I remember two AFA guys being helped off the field, to which an AFA fan accused UNM of playing dirty… that was a switch, considering! lol

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 minute ago, LoboMan59 said:

We came out of the AFA game, relatively unhurt, but bruised and beat up for sure. In fact, I remember two AFA guys being helped off the field, to which an AFA fan accused UNM of playing dirty… that was a switch, considering! lol

LOL  AF is a tough bunch and I can't believe they used that line.  If you ask the Broncos they'd probably tell you that's the team where they are more sore on Sunday after playing them.

For us I think it's part we were due because last year was the first season injuries were even noticed;   and part a continuation of last year (Holani's injuries).   But part is for sure a new regiment.

4 hours ago, roughrider said:

They did.  No more tractor tires, etc.   They have gotten alot more modern/technical from what I've heard.   Plus it sounds like Avalos and staff push much harder in practice than Harsin's.   Avalos made a comment after last game to the effect 'they are figuring out you just don't show up to practice' or similar to that.  And that they practiced harder than they ever had the week before. 

Maybe you saw our comments earlier.  Polian brought in a guy that believed jumping rope & pushing against a wall would do the trick.  When Norvell came in he saw how weak we were & sent everybody to the weight room.

3 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

That guy you're laughing about broke his ankle

GO FALCONS 

..GO FALCONS..

11 minutes ago, ltcpilot said:

That guy you're laughing about broke his ankle

GO FALCONS 

Don’t project your false statement onto me. Reading comprehension, learn it. My post reads that I was laughing at the guy that said WE played dirty, considering that in past years, many players have been lost to knee injuries caused by the cut blocking techniques TAUGHT at the academy? where in my post did i say “we took out so and so, ha ha ha”? 

There’s a reason why threads like this come out every football season, when MW conference fans teams have to play against AFA football … there’s history that bares out posters legit concerns. Refs now have been trained to look for it when teams face off against the AFA, again, there’s a history for it.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Screenshot_20211014-073515_Chrome.jpg.89ca365bd8fed18e823fb6e3455be4df.jpg

12 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Don’t project your false statement onto me. Reading comprehension, learn it. My post reads that I was laughing at the guy that said WE played dirty, considering that in past years, many players have been lost to knee injuries caused by the cut blocking techniques TAUGHT at the academy? where in my post did i say “we took out so and so, ha ha ha”? 

There’s a reason why threads like this come out every football season, when MW conference fans teams have to play against AFA football … there’s history that bares out posters legit concerns. Refs now have been trained to look for it when teams face off against the AFA, again, there’s a history for it.

Bullshit. But if you believe all that and it makes you sleep better at night I am happy for you.

Guess I'll correlate that BSU teaches targeting and leading with the helmet.

Skinner ejected targeting vs BYU.

Whimsy ejected targeting vs Utep

Kanhiho ejected targeting vs UCF

GO FALCONS 

..GO FALCONS..

4 hours ago, ltcpilot said:

Screenshot_20211014-073515_Chrome.jpg.89ca365bd8fed18e823fb6e3455be4df.jpg

Bullshit. But if you believe all that and it makes you sleep better at night I am happy for you.

Guess I'll correlate that BSU teaches targeting and leading with the helmet.

Skinner ejected targeting vs BYU.

Whimsy ejected targeting vs Utep

Kanhiho ejected targeting vs UCF

GO FALCONS 

Phuck off… but thank you for your service!

47 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Phuck off… but thank you for your service!

Class comment. Your welcome, was thinking of classy MWC fans and the un-classy (which are the small minority like you) when I was flying my F-15 over Iraq . Hope you have a great week.

GO FALCONS 

..GO FALCONS..

18 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

I know the score didnt reflect it, but most SDSU folks came away from the UNM game realizing Rocky is already toughening you guys up. Will be interesting to see what that staff can pull off in years 3-5 back in ABQ. 

Yeah Hey guys sorry this is such a Hot Topic ref AF for many. To give perspective of the misnomer of AF use/called for the illegal block with a 15 yard penalty. This season with 5 new starters on OL (with a combined NCAA lowest returning starts from 2020 (3 different guys had 1 start due to injuries in 2020) with next NCAA lowest 14)) Air Force has had 0 (zero) 15 yard illegal blocking penalties and 1 10 blocking penalty. 

Just for the discussion. 

GO FALCONS 

..GO FALCONS..

Sparty was playing an offensive lineman and an all MWC defensive end (Fehoko) at nose guard vs CSU at times last weekend because their top two DT’s are out.  Notice how CSU ran right up the middle all day.  Is what it is. 

Oh yeah, and a backup QB.  That’s football. Just gotta role with it and do the best you can. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

2 minutes ago, ltcpilot said:

Yeah Hey guys sorry this is such a Hot Topic ref AF for many. To give perspective of the misnomer of AF use/called for the illegal block with a 15 yard penalty. This season with 5 new starters on OL (with a combined NCAA lowest returning starts from 2020 (3 different guys had 1 start due to injuries in 2020) with next NCAA lowest 14)) Air Force has had 0 (zero) 15 yard illegal blocking penalties and 1 10 blocking penalty. 

Just for the discussion. 

GO FALCONS 

yeah, as has been mentioned, AF is really good at cut blocking :ph34r:

42 minutes ago, ltcpilot said:

Class comment. Your welcome, was thinking of classy MWC fans and the un-classy (which are the small minority like you) when I was flying my F-15 over Iraq . Hope you have a great week.

GO FALCONS 

Way to make fun of my minority! Typical.

1 hour ago, ltcpilot said:

GO FALCONS 

But were you inverted?

C0431EDD-E272-436C-942A-4FF7F0173EBA.jpeg

13 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

But were you inverted?

C0431EDD-E272-436C-942A-4FF7F0173EBA.jpeg

Hahaha NO. I am sure straight and level using a piddle-pack ( you can figure the use of that?) in the middle of a 4 hour CAP (combat air patrol). Now. If I had been a Navy fighter pilot THEN "I was inverted completing two barrel rolls and two aileron rolls after jinking behind the bandit causing him (sexist) to overshoot then a high yo-yo and back to shooting parameter with a lock while inverted....".

Take care and GO FALCONS 

..GO FALCONS..

8 hours ago, ltcpilot said:

Hahaha NO. I am sure straight and level using a piddle-pack ( you can figure the use of that?) in the middle of a 4 hour CAP (combat air patrol). Now. If I had been a Navy fighter pilot THEN "I was inverted completing two barrel rolls and two aileron rolls after jinking behind the bandit causing him (sexist) to overshoot then a high yo-yo and back to shooting parameter with a lock while inverted....".

Take care and GO FALCONS 

Just curious but are you glad AF is staying in the MWC or did you prefer the AAC?