Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Willie Cee

The Rich Just Got Richer

During this recruiting season, Brian Dutcher and staff identified 3 top 150 high school players and landed all three:

• Starting with top 150 4* stud Elijah Sanders (6-8 and built like an NFL tight end)
  • Followed by 4* top 100 shooting guard (6-7) Miles Bird
  • Finishing yesterday with yet another 4* combo guard Koren Johnson 

All three had multiple Power 5 offers and all three are great gets by themselves. Combine this with a cream of the crop transfer options and the league should prepare to battle it our for #2 for the next 4 or 5 years. Go Aztecs (who continue to conduct themselves like a P 5 program on and off the field/court) 

53 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Fantastic class. CSU was very interested in Byrd. Trickiest part for Dutcher will be finding minutes for quality freshmen if he continues to recruit 5th year players.

Agreed, bringing in the talent (as UNLV has discovered) is only part of the formula for winning, so far Dutch has proven to be pretty good at that end of it as well, case in point, the Aztecs have very few outbound transfers over the years. 

1 hour ago, quickdraw said:

Dutcher is stepping up. SDSU should continue to be the target to shoot at  as long as Dutcher is around.

Agreed. Halfway through Dutch's second season, the majority of posters to the AztecMess board gave up on the guy. Didn't matter that recruiting had fallen off during Steve Fisher's last couple seasons so Dutch didn't have a lot to work with, those guys had zero patience and I'm not exaggerating when I say that if it was up to most of them, Dutch would have been fired after his second year. The Aztecs have since gone 50-7 and recruiting is now what it was during the peak of the Fisher years.

1 hour ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Agreed. Halfway through Dutch's second season, the majority of posters to the AztecMess board gave up on the guy. Didn't matter that recruiting had fallen off during Steve Fisher's last couple seasons so Dutch didn't have a lot to work with, those guys had zero patience and I'm not exaggerating when I say that if it was up to most of them, Dutch would have been fired after his second year. The Aztecs have since gone 50-7 and recruiting is now what it was during the peak of the Fisher years.

Hell I remember when I was ready to pull the plug on Fish…..we fans tend to be just a bit, uhh, how do I say this, batsh_t crazy at times 😂

5 minutes ago, dshawfan said:

Hell I remember when I was ready to pull the plug on Fish…..we fans tend to be just a bit, uhh, how do I say this, batsh_t crazy at times 😂

The term "fan" is derived from the word fanatic.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Fantastic class. CSU was very interested in Byrd. Trickiest part for Dutcher will be finding minutes for quality freshmen if he continues to recruit 5th year players.

Dutcher uses a lot of rotations, sooner than later.  A started can be replaced in just a few minutes.  

I pretty much pick SDSU to be the best team every year..I think CSU is right there though.

Tier 2, in no particular order

Boise State, UNLV, Fresno State, Logan and NV

That group will probably do a lot of beating up on each other..

48 minutes ago, Bob said:

Have you taken the pre season title from UNLV?

No one ever will. They have been the pre-season Champs for so long, they have earned the title 'Emeritus'.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

8 hours ago, Willie Cee said:

During this recruiting season, Brian Dutcher and staff identified 3 top 150 high school players and landed all three:

• Starting with top 150 4* stud Elijah Sanders (6-8 and built like an NFL tight end)
  • Followed by 4* top 100 shooting guard (6-7) Miles Bird
  • Finishing yesterday with yet another 4* combo guard Koren Johnson 

All three had multiple Power 5 offers and all three are great gets by themselves. Combine this with a cream of the crop transfer options and the league should prepare to battle it our for #2 for the next 4 or 5 years. Go Aztecs (who continue to conduct themselves like a P 5 program on and off the field/court) 

Except for Syracuse on the court. 

I think Sparty will shock a couple teams this year. Miles grabbed some talent on his way to the bay. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

53 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

I think Sparty will shock a couple teams this year. Miles grabbed some talent on his way to the bay. 

Same as Air Force.

Just get your NET over 300.

It's phucking embarrassing

It worries me that people seem to think Tim Miles is the answer. He's generic, mediocre.

He's Coach, Basketball, 1ea.

He's literally in an impossible to fail spot.  So he's got that going for him....which is nice.....

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

4 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Same as Air Force.

Just get your NET over 300.

It's phucking embarrassing

It worries me that people seem to think Tim Miles is the answer. He's generic, mediocre.

He's Coach, Basketball, 1ea.

He's literally in an impossible to fail spot.  So he's got that going for him....which is nice.....

29 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

We're #1

Suck it!:rock:

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke