Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Gruden Fired

1 minute ago, Headbutt said:

Well, that settles it.  It was voluntary.  Guilt was just eating him up.  I stand corrected.

He's also not stupid.  He knew he couldn't come back from that.  He probably negotiated a nice settlement to walk away.  

Well, that settles it.  It was voluntary.  Guilt was just eating him up.  I stand corrected.

Public the resignation was the way to go..........he takes the blame & moves on so he isn't a distraction as noted in the short statement...........It removes the Raiders b=from being the "heavy" to "terminate" him making it appear as though he was staying on or playing it down creating a firestorm of speculation & accusation...........best way to nip it in the bud & move on for the betterment of the majority which is the Raiders franchise & team

joey bosa tech GIF

9 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Fair enough.  He had no issue writing those emails, but suddenly felt so terrible about his non-compliance with the required sentiment that he hung his head and opted for self-banishment.  No way in hell was it forced upon him.  Hell, that would make him a victim and we'd all have to apologize for the Raiders being mean.

or maybe he's just really f#cking embarrassed? I truly liked Gruden prior to today.

2 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Public the resignation was the way to go..........he takes the blame & moves on so he isn't a distraction as noted in the short statement...........It removes the Raiders b=from being the "heavy" to "terminate" him making it appear as though he was staying on or playing it down creating a firestorm of speculation & accusation...........best way to nip it in the bud & move on for the betterment of the majority which is the Raiders franchise & team

joey bosa tech GIF

Meaning he was forced to resign, which is "being fired".

Not that it matters, but the notion that John Gruden saw the light and did the right thing for the team and his soul is ludicrous. 

Not that it matters, but the notion that John Gruden saw the light and did the right thing for the team and his soul is ludicrous. 

I'd bet he was pretty much told to resign which could be considered a termination.........pretty common around matters similar to this situation as it's a lose lose scenario for all involved 

Just now, Headbutt said:

Who cares if he was fired or resigned?   This country has gone off the rails with all this crap going on.  ALL of us have said a  derogatory thing, made fun of, put down others, at some time in our lives and if you say otherwise, you are a frickin liar!! Sure hope i didn't offend you there! Everyone is so ready to crucify anyone or anything that doesn't agree with them....so sick and tired of it!!  OK, done venting!

"Frankly my dear..I don't give a damn"!

1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

I'd bet he was pretty much told to resign which could be considered a termination.........pretty common around matters similar to this situation as it's a lose lose scenario for all involved 

Yes.  Fired.  No way in hell did he just wake up and make that decision.

Fine.  The organization (a private entity) decided to move on to meet the political demands of their customers and employees so they fired him.  They get to do that.  I just get a kick out of being corrected and reminded that he resigned, wasn't fired.

He was fired.

Now he's a victim.

15 minutes ago, JADogs05 said:

You are contemplating a situation that is diametrically opposed to the one you claim played out. 

You're an American classic. 

Dude, when a decision maker likes a person but is forced to terminate them, it’s normal protocol to let them resign for a partial ‘save face’. It happens all the time in sports, and you should know that. The Davis family loves Gruden, his dad, Al Davis, hired Gruden the first time around and liked him very much. It’s the biggest no brainer in the world that Davis gave him the option to resign. Don’t be clueless. 

kat.jpg

Just now, Nevada Convert said:

Dude, when a decision maker likes a person but is forced to terminate them, it’s normal protocol to let them resign for a partial ‘save face’. It happens all the time in sports, and you should know that. The Davis family loves Gruden, his dad, Al Davis, hired Gruden the first time around and liked him very much. It’s the biggest no brainer in the world that Davis gave him the option to resign. Don’t be clueless. 

Re-read my post.  Then read it again. 

2 minutes ago, TheDogSnake said:

Who cares if he was fired or resigned?   This country has gone off the rails with all this crap going on.  ALL of us have said a  derogatory thing, made fun of, put down others, at some time in our lives and if you say otherwise, you are a frickin liar!! Sure hope i didn't offend you there! Everyone is so ready to crucify anyone or anything that doesn't agree with them....so sick and tired of it!!  OK, done venting!

he likely survives if it's just the one racial slur in 2010, but it clearly was a pattern of behavior. 

2 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

I did, and each time it made you look dumber and dumber. I’ll give you the curtesy of not reading it anymore if you agree to resign with your silly point. 

Do you curtsey in your dress shorts?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

He may have been able to survive if the racist and homophobic comments were roughly 25 years or more in the past and the misogynic comments 5 years or more in the rear view mirror.  Resigning is better than being fired, it will be interesting if he redeems himself in the eyes of the public.  

110926run_defense710.jpg

Kinda ironic that USA Network is coming out with a reboot of Chucky...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.