Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Utah State at UNLV

logo_nav_on-light.svg    University of Nevada Las Vegas

DATE: Saturday, Oct. 16, 2021
KICKOFF: 4:02 pm PT
SITE: Allegiant Stadium (65,000/Artificial Turf), Las Vegas
TV: CBS Sports Network (John Sadak & Randy Cross)
RADIO: ESPN 1100 AM & 100.9 FM (Russ Langer, Caleb Herring & Steve Cofield)

Both USU and UNLV had a bye last weekend

This marks Utah State’s first visit to Las Vegas since 2017

These programs first staged a home-and-home series back in 1971 & ‘73 and later played 13 times as Big West Conference (originally PCAA) rivals from 1983-95

USU leads the all-time series 17-7 and has won five straight over the Rebels

The Rebels and Aggies have played some of the closest contests in UNLV history as 11 of the 24 games were decided by a touchdown or less, including three by just one or two points

USU is 4-0 against UNLV in MWC games 

Utah State has won five straight games played in the series, outscoring UNLV 208-113 (41.6-22.6)

USU has won 14 of the last 17 games played in the series

USU has an 8-4 record vs UNLV when games are played in Las Vegas 

Utah State is 38-27 (.585) all-time in the Mountain West, including a 17-14 (.548) road record, and has won 49 of its last 75 (.653) league games dating back to 2011

USU is 17-10 (.630) in its last 27 MW games and 21-15 (.583) in its last 36 games against all opponents

Utah State is 18-7 (.720) against teams from the West Division of the Mountain West, which is the second-best record by any school in the league behind Boise State (21-7)

The Rebels rank 17th nationally in red-zone production this fall at 93 percent (14-15)

All seven UNLV turnovers this season have come from the quarterback position (four picks and three fumbles spread among three signal-callers)

UNLV CAREER RUSH YARDS
1. 3,733 Tim Cornett 2010-13
2. 3,551 Lexington Thomas 2015-18
3. 3,344 Charles Williams 2016-SA
4. 3,149 Mike Thomas 1973-74
5. 2,834 Dominique Dorsey 2001-04

UNLV CAREER RUSH TDS
1. 40 Lexington Thomas 2015-18
2. 37 Mike Thomas 1973-74
3. 35 Tim Cornett 2010-13
4. 25 Mack Gilchrist 1968-71
5. 24 Jason Thomas 2000-2002
6. 22 Charles Williams 2016-SA
7. 20 Glenn Carano 1973-76
8. 20 Michael Morton 1978-81
9. 18 Armani Rogers 2017-19

UNLV CAREER 100-YD GAMES
1. 18 Lexington Thomas 2015-18
2. 17 Mike Thomas 1973-74
3. 16 Tim Cornett 2010-13
4. 12 Charles Williams 2016-SA
5. 11 Dominique Dorsey 2001-04
6. 10 Kirk Jones 1983-86

UNLV CAREER RUSH ATTEMPTS
1. 769 Tim Cornett 2010-13
2. 640 Charles Williams 2016-SA
3. 631 Lexington Thomas 2015-18
4. 519 Dominique Dorsey 2001-04
5. 501 Kirk Jones 1983-86

Utah State has dominated the fourth quarter this season as it has outscored its opponents 61- 30

Utah State has been very aggressive in its play calling this season and has converted 10-of 16 (.625) fourth downs

Utah State has won 12 straight football games following a bye week dating back to the 2011 season and 10 of those 12 wins have been against league opponents

The Rebels have lost the turnover battle just once this season -- finishing minus-three at UTSA

UNLV has outscored opponents 24 to 14 in combined 1st quarters this season

Opponents have outscored UNLV 58 to 10 in combined 3rd quarters this season

Utah State has 38 players in its program from the state of Utah, while UNLV has 13 players on its roster from the state of Nevada

Utah State is 24-26 (.480) all-time against teams from the state of Nevada with a 17-7 record against UNLV and a 7-19 record against Nevada

Utah State has averaged 527.0 yards of offense (338.0 passing, 189.0 rushing) during its five-game winning streak against UNLV

AKedOLSjcimHplr2APSmhUt_AN-9AW9htDqVdtkA

1 hour ago, mondego said:

I was hoping to make it to this game but won't be able to. I know the Raiders have real grass that gets rolled in for game day - is the field UNLV plays on artificial turf that sits in place the rest of the time? 

Raiders grass tray slides in from outside so it sits 5 feet above the concrete floor level where UNLV rolls out the artificial turf field 

5 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

I feel for the guy in that he is going to lose his senior season. But dang, he dropped a couple of passes early in the Fresno game that would have made the difference in the outcome. Good luck to him in his future.

Side note. Sounds like these guys might need some better conditioning, nutrition, etc., for them to be so beat up already.

Pretty lame to put Utah. St’s overall State of Nevada record in there. What does Their record against Reno have to do with this game?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

4 minutes ago, uteAggie said:

This game scares me, UNLV is easily the best 0-5 team in the NCAA's

Yup.  The ultimate trap game.  Then USU tends to do well in weeks following byes in the MWC era.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

UNLV fans are pretty hard on their program but I think the Rebs have shown some real fight this season and aren't that far from finally seeing some success. Are there any Rebel fans that feel the same? or does it just seem like a movie you have watched over and over and already know the ending to?

I feel like this match up is between two desperate teams. One trying like hell to erase the 0 in the 'W' column and the other trying to find a way to stop shooting itself in the foot.

1 hour ago, TrueAg said:

UNLV fans are pretty hard on their program but I think the Rebs have shown some real fight this season and aren't that far from finally seeing some success. Are there any Rebel fans that feel the same? or does it just seem like a movie you have watched over and over and already know the ending to?

I feel like this match up is between two desperate teams. One trying like hell to erase the 0 in the 'W' column and the other trying to find a way to stop shooting itself in the foot.

Rebels have a few "moments" but they are short lived or done in by the usual problems that have been the norm for decades.

This year UNLV can't keep their stable of QB's healthy - good thing is there is some QB depth, but it's mostly raw untested talent 

There's a long way to go before UNLV can be considered competitive in the MWC......they might make some games interesting but outside of the other bad teams UNLV has little chance of winning games

Utah St should roll in this game by at least 10 points.........Aggies have shown way more positives this year than UNLV 

Brumfield has been the most consistent in about every way including being injured. He’s not 100% so will be in the backup role. The injuries have given Friel opportunities for PT and he is coming along. This game should be fun and UNLV is getting close to where anything could happen. I’ll be there early on Saturday and ready to have fun and enjoy the environment. I’d expect USU to bringing in a good crowd to help pay for our great stadium.