Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Czech Observation of America

This quote came from the Czech Republic . Someone over there has it figured out. It was translated into English from an article in a Prague newspaper.

The danger to America is not Joe Biden, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Biden presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Biden, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Biden, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president.”

3 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

This quote came from the Czech Republic . Someone over there has it figured out. It was translated into English from an article in a Prague newspaper.

The danger to America is not Joe Biden, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Biden presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Biden, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Biden, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president.”

??? Seriously? Dude get off of Facebook for your own sanity.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/04/12/fact-check-fake-quote-biden-credited-czechs-years-old/4844583001/

28 minutes ago, RagingBulldog said:

Facebook is the worst thing to ever happen to the Baby Boomer generation who grew up learning to trust things if it was in writing.  It has crippled tens of millions of Karens and Kens.

There was this boomer scare post going around about criminals casing houses in stolen ups and fed ex uniforms. This lady posted it on our neighborhood fb page in hopes we keep an eye out.  I posted the snopes debunking of this or something like that and she blocked me and then started a competing fb page for our neighborhood, "for people that are actually interested in security!".  I'm not even a mod or anything for the original page.  :lol: 

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Facebook is the worst thing to ever happen to the Baby Boomer generation who grew up learning to trust things if it was in writing.  It has crippled tens of millions of Karens and Kens.

I have hope that we'll work through this phase as the older generations die off. Maybe younger folk brought up in the era of fb, twitter, nextdoor, etc. will be a little less susceptible. 

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

There was this boomer scare post going around about criminals casing houses in stolen ups and fed ex uniforms. This lady posted it on our neighborhood fb page in hopes we keep an eye out.  I posted the snopes debunking of this or something like that and she blocked me and then started a competing fb page for our neighborhood, "for people that are actually interested in security!".  I'm not even a mod or anything for the original page.  :lol: 

LMAO that is hilarious.  Nextdoor is the worst, too.  OMG.  So, my dad is staying with me and he is a little scruff.  Looks like a kind of fat Jesus starting to go grey with a big beard but not an unattractive man for his age.  Every morning he goes walking on the canal, some older recently retired woman "warned" the neighborhood about a potentially dangerous homeless man with long hair and a beard "prowling" the canal....

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

LMAO that is hilarious.  Nextdoor is the worst, too.  OMG.  So, my dad is staying with me and he is a little scruff.  Looks like a kind of fat Jesus starting to go grey with a big beard but not an unattractive man for his age.  Every morning he goes walking on the canal, some older recently retired woman "warned" the neighborhood about a potentially dangerous homeless man with long hair and a beard "prowling" the canal....

Nextdoor is absolutely batshit insane. I ranted about our asinine HOA the other day, and someone in my neighborhood told me to delete my post and to never talk negatively about them again because, "they keep the riffraff out". I then remembered why I don't use Nextdoor anymore and logged back off.

5 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I have hope that we'll work through this phase as the older generations die off. Maybe younger folk brought up in the era of fb, twitter, nextdoor, etc. will be a little less susceptible. 

You would think so.  However some of the youngs believe their astrology chart (girls) or favorite twitch streamer (boys) even if they assume anything posted on Facebook is either a lie or not the whole truth.

13 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

@soupslam1

Honestly and sincerely, give this playlist a quick watch Soup. It really helps cut through the BS. I'm trying to help here man, not piling on.

21 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Nextdoor is absolutely batshit insane. I ranted about our asinine HOA the other day, and someone in my neighborhood told me to delete my post and to never talk negatively about them again because, "they keep the riffraff out". I then remembered why I don't use Nextdoor anymore and logged back off.

"nextdoor is twitter for old people"

26 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

36 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Next door is the worst!  Got on there because I'm on the hoa board.  It's literally nothing but people bitching, and others brutally mocking them about bitching, then bitching about something else!

Follow the best of Nextdoor on Twitter. It's pure gold. 😆

I do like the conservative Facebook genre where an “outsider” writes a screed that closely aligns with Trumper boomer values/ language and they all share it like “SEE, WERE NOT CRAZY!!!” :lol:

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

i visited prague a few years ago with mrs AA.  gorgeous town.  had a really strong military police presence.  lots of patrols of police in military gear - helmets, radios, more than one firearm, etc...  i got the feeling they weren't necessarily there to make ME safe, but rather (quite literally) the man in the high castle.

the reference is funny because the presidential palace is in an old castle up on the hill overlooking the town.