Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warbow

MWC Contenders from Pretenders? (Updated pt3)

Wyoming  --- Pretender. Contenter Pretender

Back to being a pretender. Loss to the only decent FBS team (Air Force) that they have played. 2 MAC team wins & a UConn win doesn't mean squat. Barely beat Montana St. whoppee X2. Could very well be 1-4 against with the worst SOS in NCAA history. Could very well move back to Contender status, up and coming bad weather is on their side. 

Nevada --- Pretender   Contender

It's funny that New Mexico St. is the only true gage to determine this. Scored the most points against New Mexico St. then San Diego St, San Jose St, New Mexico and Hawaii (55) but also gave up the 2nd most points to them (28). Some say they used their waterboys, equipment manager and cheer squad on defense in the 4th QRT, who knows? They got giant(s) killer Hawaii next at home. Does 54-3 loss the last time Hawaii visited Reno spell a revenge game? Hawaii takes a 2 game winning steak against Strong who may have to change his name to Weak after this game.  

San Diego St --- Contender

Still a hard one to judge. Their opponents have a 1-7  1-8  3-13 now combined record, yikes. Hawaii almost doubled your score output against New Mexico St playing at their place, ummm. Nevada almost tripled your score against them. It's the 1 win against a Pac-12 annual Pretender in Utah at home that still keeps them in this category. I'll still give them the benefit of the doubt so far, the defense looks legit, the offense well ummm, could use some work.

Fresno St. --- Contender

(No change) 8 points away from being a top 10 team, they're are still legit. 9 points away from being a pretender. Would easily win the Pac-12 South. Oh wait that's San Diego St. right, na, it's Fresno St.  Now they got their annual shit the bed game out of the way, watch out. Could run the table. Their QB is the real deal, just not against Hawaii. Still a contender

Boise St. --- Contender

Beat down the #10 team in the country. Will the real Boise St team stand up and be seen?  Expect them to run the table until the MWC championship. What can I say, it's Boise St. They're always a contender. Air Force next on the schedule. 

Air Force --- Pretender Contender

Loss to the only team with a pulse (Utah St.).  Beat Wyoming, that's probably not saying much, we'll see. Boise St up next. Should be a good game.  

Hawaii --- Contender

Will Hawaii find their offense they had that scored 54 points in Reno 2 years ago? Seems they found their defense. Does Hawaii have Strong's number like they have Haener's? 4-0 against these top MWC QB's.  Once again we're see. A Hawaii loss will eliminate them from MWC tilte contention, Big game for them.

Colorado St --- Contender

14 points away from being 4-0 against FBS opponents that includes the #3 team in the nation. This is a hard one to judge.  Being in 1st place in the Mountain right now makes them a contender. Plus the fact that. Wyoming sucks again automatically makes them a contender. 

New Mexico, UNLV, San Jose St, Utah St..  --- Neither

Their bad records indicate what they truly are----bad, horrible, pathetic, lousy, bottom dweller, pick one? It's hard to pretend that you're bad and bad doesn't content to be a contender.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

2 hours ago, Warbow said:

Back to being a pretender. Loss to the only decent FBS team (Air Force) that they have played. 2 MAC team wins & a UConn win doesn't mean squat. Barely beat Montana St. whoppee X2. Could very well be 1-4 against with the worst SOS in NCAA history. Could very well move back to Contender status, up and coming bad weather is on their side. 

It's funny that New Mexico St. is the only true gage to determine this. Scored the most points against New Mexico St. then San Diego St, San Jose St, New Mexico and Hawaii (55) but also gave up the 2nd most points to them (28). Some say they used their waterboys, equipment manager and cheer squad on defense in the 4th QRT, who knows? They got giant(s) killer Hawaii next at home. Does 54-3 loss the last time Hawaii visited Reno spell a revenge game? Hawaii takes a 2 game winning steak against Strong who may have to change his name to Weak after this game.  

Still a hard one to judge. Their opponents have a 1-7  1-8  3-13 now combined record, yikes. Hawaii almost doubled your score output against New Mexico St playing at their place, ummm. Nevada almost tripled your score against them. It's the 1 win against a Pac-12 annual Pretender in Utah at home that still keeps them in this category. I'll still give them the benefit of the doubt so far, the defense looks legit, the offense well ummm, could use some work.

Fresno St. --- Contender

(No change) 8 points away from being a top 10 team, they're are still legit. 9 points away from being a pretender. Would easily win the Pac-12 South. Oh wait that's San Diego St. right, na, it's Fresno St.  Now they got their annual shit the bed game out of the way, watch out. Could run the table. Their QB is the real deal, just not against Hawaii. Still a contender

Boise St. --- Contender

Beat down the #10 team in the country. Will the real Boise St team stand up and be seen?  Expect them to run the table until the MWC championship. What can I say, it's Boise St. They're always a contender. Air Force next on the schedule. 

Loss to the only team with a pulse (Utah St.).  Beat Wyoming, that's probably not saying much, we'll see. Boise St up next. Should be a good game.  

Hawaii --- Contender

Will Hawaii find their offense they had that scored 54 points in Reno 2 years ago? Seems they found their defense. Does Hawaii have Strong's number like they have Haener's? 4-0 against these top MWC QB's.  Once again we're see. A Hawaii loss will eliminate them from MWC tilte contention, Big game for them.

14 points away from being 4-0 against FBS opponents that includes the #3 team in the nation. This is a hard one to judge.  Being in 1st place in the Mountain right now makes them a contender. Plus the fact that. Wyoming sucks again automatically makes them a contender. 

Their bad records indicate what they truly are----bad, horrible, pathetic, lousy, bottom dweller, pick one? It's hard to pretend that you're bad and bad doesn't content to be a contender.

Utah state is a pretender but CSU is a contender? You do realize how bad vandy is right? Makes a lot of sense, especially since the Aggies have already beaten the Academy?????  USU has now most likely played the toughest games on their schedule and now have had a bye week to rest up and get some of their injured players back. At this point it’s not unreasonable to think that the Aggies run the table or finish 6-2 in conference, but maybe that’s not good enough to be a contender??

5b5099e8aa03b29470de771c4b1727b8.png

3 hours ago, Warbow said:

Fresno St. --- Contender

Boise St. --- Contender

Hawaii --- Contender

Colorado St --- still a pretender

FIFY re: Colo St. They only managed two TDs versus our lousy team. More than half of their points from field goals. Hell, our lousy team stopped them in the red zone each time.

1 hour ago, Agzrule said:

Utah state is a pretender but CSU is a contender? You do realize how bad vandy is right? Makes a lot of sense, especially since the Aggies have already beaten the Academy?????  USU has now most likely played the toughest games on their schedule and now have had a bye week to rest up and get some of their injured players back. At this point it’s not unreasonable to think that the Aggies run the table or finish 6-2 in conference, but maybe that’s not good enough to be a contender??

Yeah I'm scratching my head on how Air Force is a "contender" but USU is "bad" when we gave Air Force their only L (and in their own house, no less). USU is "bad" because of a "bad record" of 3-2 with losses to BYU and Boise State, but CSU is a "contender" with a 2-3 record and losses to an FCS school and an absolutely horrible Vanderbilt team? I think your methodology could use some work.

I am sure interested to see how grouping Utah St with UNLV and New Mexico ages. I suspect not well.

USU has scored half of ALL points scored on Air Force this year. We played a ranked BYU to within a TD in the fourth quarter. We outgained BSU and lost a really weird game that was much closer than the score would indicate. We beat a P5 school.

I could be wrong, but I think we’re going to fare okay against the back half our schedule. May have something left to say in the conference title race (may not). Again, could be wrong. But I haven’t seen anything warranting putting us in the bottom 4 or 5 in the MW to this point.

4 minutes ago, ineptimusprime said:

I am sure interested to see how grouping Utah St with UNLV and New Mexico ages. I suspect not well.

USU has scored half of ALL points scored on Air Force this year. We played a ranked BYU to within a TD in the fourth quarter. We outgained BSU and lost a really weird game that was much closer than the score would indicate. We beat a P5 school.

I could be wrong, but I think we’re going to fare okay against the back half our schedule. May have something left to say in the conference title race (may not). Again, could be wrong. But I haven’t seen anything warranting putting us in the bottom 4 or 5 in the MW to this point.

Yeah USU is a contender in part because they miss SDSU, Fresno and Nevada.  Kind of like the year the won the Mountain division but lost to Boise.  

55 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah USU is a contender in part because they miss SDSU, Fresno and Nevada.  Kind of like the year the won the Mountain division but lost to Boise.  

Yeah, Boise is the best Mountain division team as far as I can see. We may be second in the division, but may well factor in to the championship race just because we avoid the best teams in the other division and have already played and beaten AFA (something everyone in the rank em thread seems to have forgotten).

I honestly believe there are 3 teams in the west better than anyone in the Mountain (Nevada, SDSU, and Fresno)

5 hours ago, Warbow said:

Fresno St. --- Contender

Boise St. --- Contender

Hawaii --- Contender

The description for SJSU's current performance is clown show. And not the big top tent kind you enjoy.

16 minutes ago, ineptimusprime said:

Yeah, Boise is the best Mountain division team as far as I can see. We may be second in the division, but may well factor in to the championship race just because we avoid the best teams in the other division and have already played and beaten AFA (something everyone in the rank em thread seems to have forgotten).

I honestly believe there are 3 teams in the west better than anyone in the Mountain (Nevada, SDSU, and Fresno)

So you think Utah State is the fourth best team in the league yet still a contender? I don't think making it to the championship game by default makes a team a contender. That was the case when Utah State went before (without having to play anyone). It was also the case for the 6-6 Fresno squad that played in the championship game. Divisions are stupid. They keep the best two teams from facing each other. 

Hawaii and Colorado State are not contenders. 

SDSU is the epitome of pretender. Wins against a bunch of bad teams and got lucky against a down Utah.

Once we play a team with a halfway decent defense and a DC who knows what he is doing we are going to get clowned. I see at least three losses of the remaining seven games. 

6 hours ago, Warbow said:

Fresno St. --- Contender

Boise St. --- Contender

Hawaii --- Contender

Agreed except:

Aztecs - Pretenders. 2019 proved, no qb, no title. That Defense and the offensive talent was there. That QB and this years stable are Pretenders.

CSU - Pretender a win over a back to the mean Sparty does not a contender make.

Hawa'ii - Pretender. One upset win on the Rock. Does it overcome the loss to a middlin' Sparty squad at home ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Being that Colorado St is in sole possession of 1st in the Mountain makes them a contender.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

5 hours ago, Agzrule said:

2 conference losses will not contend for the mountain division title. 

Colorado St is unbeaten in conference so far, that makes them a automatic contender at this point for the title.

5 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

FIFY re: Colo St. They only managed two TDs versus our lousy team. More than half of their points from field goals. Hell, our lousy team stopped them in the red zone each time.

You don’t give your defense enough credit. It’s your offense that sucks. 

4 hours ago, StanfordAggie said:

Yeah I'm scratching my head on how Air Force is a "contender" but USU is "bad" when we gave Air Force their only L (and in their own house, no less). USU is "bad" because of a "bad record" of 3-2 with losses to BYU and Boise State, but CSU is a "contender" with a 2-3 record and losses to an FCS school and an absolutely horrible Vanderbilt team? I think your methodology could use some work.

Like I said, they are in soul possession of 1st in the mountain division. Unbeaten in conference play is all that matters.