Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coog kev

Okay, fine..I'll Do It. San Diego State #24 in both polls

2 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Yeah, and guess what? Subtract our game against Towson State and ignore the three service academies who all have a triple option offense and the Aztecs are ahead of only Minnesota in completion percentage.

Frankly, the 2021 Aztecs are an undefeated house of cards playing before home crowds of almost nobody and unless we beat SJSU AND Air Force to stay undefeated, when we return to Carson to host Fresno, there are likely to be more Bulldogs than Aztecs in the stands.

Oh sure, bring in some facts to really depress me! 😂

2 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Yeah, and guess what? Subtract our game against Towson State and ignore the three service academies who all have a triple option offense and the Aztecs are ahead of only Minnesota in completion percentage.

Frankly, the 2021 Aztecs are an undefeated house of cards playing before home crowds of almost nobody and unless we beat SJSU AND Air Force to stay undefeated, when we return to Carson to host Fresno, there are likely to be more Bulldogs than Aztecs in the stands.

Are they more than 2 hours away from Carson?    

5 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

Feel good facts: Aztecs dominated the LOS on both sides of the ball vs Utah (as well as every other opponent this year). 

We are pretty nasty and aggressive along the LOS on both sides of the ball. Overall, we're a decent team; now if we could throw it.....:bananasex:

33 minutes ago, dshawfan said:

We are pretty nasty and aggressive along the LOS on both sides of the ball. Overall, we're a decent team; now if we could throw it.....:bananasex:

I think we can throw it. We just have to be a lot more consistent with those throws. 

Just now, Koji Vu said:

I think we can throw it. We just have to be a lot more consistent with those throws. 

Lets Go Reaction GIF by Mason Ramsey

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

21 hours ago, aztech said:

Are they more than 2 hours away from Carson?    

I'm hopeful that with the end of summer, the commute to Carson will take only half as long as has been the case so more San Diegans will get off their Aztec and drive north to support their team. To this point, however, it's a total embarrassment how few have bothered to turn out.

As to Bulldog fans, what the hell is there to do in Fresno which would dissuade fans from traveling to watch their team?

Btw, GO GIANTS!

10 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Hecklinski said during his presser that the kid isn't going to be redshirted and is going to be given more playing time.

Where there's a Will, there 's a way.

Yes.  Next game they are planning to give him 6 hand offs instead of 3...

lol

how is it that for what 30 years now... since, todd santos maybe?  sdsu can't find a qb?  btw, the rock is no longer there so you can't blame him...  there are backups on bad teams better than sdsu's qbsss

14 minutes ago, Someone Else said:

lol

how is it that for what 30 years now... since, todd santos maybe?  sdsu can't find a qb?  btw, the rock is no longer there so you can't blame him...  there are backups on bad teams better than sdsu's qbsss

Lindley, but nothing since.

16 minutes ago, Someone Else said:

lol

Having just listened to the actual presser, despite what others may have reported, I think you're correct. Our staff continues to ignore the long view. To them, it's all about winning the championship of a conference the championship of which means nothing to anyone who isn't a fan of one of its teams and if having a veteran QB who can't throw for crap but doesn't turn the ball over maximizes the chances of doing that, that's what they're going to do.

Of course, this year that won't cut it because Nevada is much too good to be beaten by an opponent whose QB's passing ability would be average at best for a JC team.

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Lindley, but nothing since.

Dan McGwire 1989 - 1990 ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

17 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Lindley was a decade after McGwire.  Unless I read that guy's post wrong, I thought he was positing the last time there was a half-decent QB on the Mesa

He said “since Todd Santos…”

Billy Blanton was also a pretty damned good throwing QB as I recall.

SMOKE 'EM IF YOU'VE GOT 'EM!

On 10/10/2021 at 9:19 PM, albert mac meda said:

The Aztecs are gonna get killed by Nevada, Fresno and Boise… season over.

Nevada barely beat SDSU last year, Boise we are three and three against. This phenomenon is called projection.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche