Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coog kev

Okay, fine..I'll Do It. San Diego State #24 in both polls

Congratulations, Aztecs. 

image.jpeg.f5c2033fb3ed3f48ec5c5dfd00075396.jpeg

AP Sports Writers

Others receiving votes:

Auburn 106, Clemson 63, Baylor 62, UTSA 22, Mississippi State 7, Kansas State 3, Air Force 2, Appalachian State 2, Pittsburgh 1

Coaches

Other notice

Auburn 98; Baylor 91; Texas 74; Pittsburgh 36; Texas-San Antonio 30; Mississippi State 18; Iowa State 18; Appalachian State 18; Boston College 11; Air Force 9; Tennessee 8; Liberty 8; Nevada 7; UL Lafayette 3; Houston 3 :ph34r:; Fresno State 3; UCLA 1.

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

16 minutes ago, Aztec1984 said:

Well, just wait until we solidify the QB position. That was not something Rocky Long paid much attention to.

Hoping that our freshman is able to do that, but it’s looking like that is a year away atm. 

It amazes me how we have whiffed for so long at such a critical position. 

1 hour ago, dshawfan said:

Hoping that our freshman is able to do that, but it’s looking like that is a year away atm. 

Rocky was a defensive oriented guy. He wanted a QB who he could control and not lose games. He wanted to win of defense. That sometimes worked.

36 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

AFA, Nevada and Fresno also receiving votes in the coaches poll.

I have no idea why AF is ahead of us with the same 4-1 record. They haven’t beaten anyone good and their loss was to Utah St. We beat a P5 on the road, beat Boise St on the road, and our loss was to a decent B12 team on the road. It’s not even close. 

kat.jpg

5 hours ago, Aztec1984 said:

Well, just wait until we solidify the QB position. That was not something Rocky Long paid much attention to.

Brady has yet to do that although the answer may be on the roster right now. 

2 hours ago, Maynard Delecto said:

If SUDS had a dollar for every "next big thing" qb they hyped up, they could have paid cash for that new fireworks amphitheater they're building.

You're never going to attract a good qb. Deal with it. You'll still prolly beat up sjs next week tho. 

Maybe you’ve heard something I  have not- just who is it they’re hyping up?

12 hours ago, dshawfan said:

That's why there has been so much emphasis on defense and pounding the rock.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

10 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I have no idea why AF is ahead of us with the same 4-1 record. They haven’t beaten anyone good and their loss was to Utah St. We beat a P5 on the road, beat Boise St on the road, and our loss was to a decent B12 team on the road. It’s not even close. 

No R-E-S--P-E-C-T

Americans Mayor

8 hours ago, albert mac meda said:

The Aztecs are gonna get killed by Nevada, Fresno and Boise… season over.

We win two if three.

The defense is soooooo good 

Americans Mayor

12 hours ago, albert mac meda said:

The Aztecs are gonna get killed by Nevada, Fresno and Boise… season over.

Agreed.  Our defense is suspect against good passing offenses (UNR, fresno, and Boise all throw it well) and our offense can't throw the ball at all.  Give any of those three a 14 point lead against SDSU and the game is over because SDSU will then be forced to throw the ball and bad things (incompletions, interceptions) will be happening more than good things (completions).     

17 hours ago, dshawfan said:

The 24th ranked team currently has no passing game to speak of, surely everyone sees it 🙄

Yeah, and guess what? Subtract our game against Towson State and ignore the three service academies who all have a triple option offense and the Aztecs are ahead of only Minnesota in completion percentage.

Frankly, the 2021 Aztecs are an undefeated house of cards playing before home crowds of almost nobody and unless we beat SJSU AND Air Force to stay undefeated, when we return to Carson to host Fresno, there are likely to be more Bulldogs than Aztecs in the stands.

12 hours ago, SDDean said:

Brady has yet to do that although the answer may be on the roster right now. 

It's no coincidence that within the last month we've received verbals from two playmaker WRs - as opposed to the "possession" types that were all the Aztecs managed to get during Rocky's tenure.

I'm optimistic we'll again be able to throw the rock with considerable success. It just isn't going to happen this year so although we're 5-0, we're probably going to finish 9-3.