Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ltcpilot

Air Force vs Boise State

Only one common opponent, Utah State, and Boise State beat USU 27-3 while AF lost 49-45 to USU.  

Secondly Boise State has - to date - played a MUCH tougher schedule (by far).

However I did watch some of last night's win by AF over _yoming and came away impressed with Daniels - the AF QB.  He completed 7 of 10 passes and two of those incompletions were on target but the catches simply were not made.   BTW what is the record for pass attempts by an AF QB?  I don't recall them passing 10 times in a game although I'm sure it's probably happened at SOME time in the past.

17 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

Only one common opponent, Utah State, and Boise State beat USU 27-3 while AF lost 49-45 to USU.  

Secondly Boise State has - to date - played a MUCH tougher schedule (by far).

However I did watch some of last night's win by AF over _yoming and came away impressed with Daniels - the AF QB.  He completed 7 of 10 passes and two of those incompletions were on target but the catches simply were not made.   BTW what is the record for pass attempts by an AF QB?  I don't recall them passing 10 times in a game although I'm sure it's probably happened at SOME time in the past.

Note- late 2nd half vsUSU AF had a pass picked and a fumble on drives which were sustained and going for TD. Could’a, would’a, should’a 14 points. Will be an interesting game. 

GO FALCONS 

..GO FALCONS..

Boise is on again, off again, week by week this year. They win the even numbered weeks, they lose the odd numbered weeks.

This is week 7. Not hard to figure out.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

5 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

I swear to God, AF.  You injure any of our linemen with that cheap chop blocking bullshit and I’m going to come over there and give you a stern talking to.  

Thanks....Was hoping to hear the broken record again. But wait, AF is 5-1 and have had zero illegal  blocking penalties called in those gsmes, I assume BSU can say the same. 

GO FALCONS 

..GO FALCONS..

6 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

I swear to God, AF.  You injure any of our linemen with that cheap chop blocking bullshit and I’m going to come over there and give you a stern talking to.  

Yet again, another poster who most likely has never played football or doesn’t understand the game. 

1. Boise St tackles cut block on most passing plays. You don’t notice it because you don’t know what to look for. 

2. AFA actually doesn’t cut block much any more. Most runs are now double team drive blocks set up by pulling guards

3.  I’ve never understood bitching about cut blocking a defender who has both hands free, but nobody complains about a ball carrier getting tackled high, low, and from all directions with no hands free to protect himself. 

6 minutes ago, Zoomie said:

It was pretty funny watching a bunch of Poke fans drinking Vodka Mules. 

Things were getting desperate!  I was pretty shocked that they ran out of beer on the east side. Not like it was a sellout crowd.  You guys must not drink much.

9 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Shocking that when you google image “chop blocks” who shows up at the top…

BFE300D6-9CDA-4ED4-B0DA-66E38B9044B6.jpeg

That’s a cut block. Chop blocks are illegal. The last three years AFA and Boise St have played there have been 2 chop block penalties called - both were committed by Boise St

15 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

Things were getting desperate!  I was pretty shocked that they ran out of beer on the east side. Not like it was a sellout crowd.  You guys must not drink much.

There was plenty of beer on the west side. Yeah, other than Army or Navy, not many other teams bring many fans. They were unprepared for sure.