Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

I 100% Support Jon Gruden

Of course it’s not a nice thing to say. But this was a private email not meant for public consumption. If you’re going to say that you’ve never vented privately by making fun of someone (the way they look, talk, etc.) in an insensitive manner like this, you’re lying. In fact, for those groups and classes of people not in the PC rule book, (happycracker’s rulebook is a special edition), then it’s open fair game. Our resident lefty’s are ruthless on “going there” against anyone they hate that’s white, Christian, on the right side politically, etc. 

But say anything remotely insensitive to those in the PC rulebook, cancel culture it is. Ironically many who love to cancel people have been guilty of much much much worse. Look at Joy Reid, Joy Behar, Don Lemon, soooo many have done the same kinds of things. But these kinds of people being themselves on the far left, they get a pass. It is such a rigged part of our culture that must be destroyed.

Of course, we should all be grown ups as much as humanly possible, and not say these kinds of things. But sometimes shit happens, you lose your cool and you say things you don’t really mean towards people you’re blowing your top over. Every one of us has said hateful things to people we love that we really didn’t mean. If that happens, certainly we say things we don’t really mean towards people we don’t even like. PC social warriors will always claim to know your heart and assume the worst case scenario.....that you really mean everything that you say. That’s insane. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32362483/report-jon-gruden-used-racially-insensitive-language-referring-nflpa-president-demaurice-smith-2011-email

kat.jpg

The idea that you forgive is practically anathema outside a christian worldview. (Retraction, clarifications, apology page 2)Who forgives 70x7? 
If you believe in Christ as Lord and Savior you must. If Gruden said something in poor taste which is what they are saying from 10 years ago, and he apologizes, as a Christian I must forgive him. 
It seems to me that cancel culture is about the opposite, not forgiving and lives are ruined and not redeemable in this new culture and only those making it up as they go along are safe. 
Not saying there should never be consequences, but there should be forgiveness and opportunities for redemption. 

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

3 minutes ago, lobo-tomy said:

The idea that you forgive is practically anathema outside a christian worldview. Who forgives 70x7? 
If you believe in Christ as Lord and Savior you must. If Gruden said something in poor taste which is what they are saying from 10 years ago, and he apologizes, as a Christian I must forgive him. 
It seems to me that cancel culture is about the opposite, not forgiving and lives are ruined and not redeemable in this new culture and only those making it up as they go along are safe. 
Not saying there should never be consequences, but there should be forgiveness and opportunities for redemption. 

As a Christian (Catholic) these takes are in part what makes some Christians just the worst type of people...Only Christians are down with forgiveness?  Fug out of here.  Pretty much every person I know who holds onto grudges for an unhealthy period of time is a Christian, older individual.  Meanwhile the most forgiving people I know tend to be "It's whatever dude I'm over it" agnostic millennials.  

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

As a Christian (Catholic) these takes are in part what makes some Christians just the worst type of people...Only Christians are down with forgiveness?  Fug out of here.  Pretty much every person I know who holds onto grudges for an unhealthy period of time is a Christian, older individual.  Meanwhile the most forgiving people I know tend to be "It's whatever dude I'm over it" agnostic millennials.  

C’mon man quit stereotyping and putting people in boxes. 

4 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

C’mon man quit stereotyping and putting people in boxes. 

You mean like only Christians tend value forgiveness, thus stereotyping 5.5 billion people?  

BTW, it is not stereotyping, what I did, it is what he did.  Stereotyping would be saying "all Christians do this" or "most Christians act this way".  What I said was, "this has been my experience".  And it has been.  That's not stereotyping, by definition.  Opposite adjacent more accurate.     

When a Christian says stupid shit like only Christians are really good people anymore, it makes all Christians look bad.  As a Christian, I do not like it.  

11 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Just because someone says they’re a Christian, doesn’t make it so. You know who the real Christian’s are by watching what they do, not what they say. 

kat.jpg

12 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Somewhere along the line most of us have said something that is taboo today unless you’re a saint. Should we lose our jobs because of something we said years ago? 

We need an equalizer. Someone needs to go after PC cancel warriors in the same way. As they say, if you can dish it out......

kat.jpg

1 minute ago, Nevada Convert said:

Just because someone says they’re a Christian, doesn’t make it so. You know who the real Christian’s are by watching what they do, not what they say. 

Damn, we agree.  

I know a lot of atheists and agnostics that are more Christ like than many believers I know.  That's all.  Trying to attribute an aspect of morality as the sole purview of a single group is dumb.  

17 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

What is interesting is that Smith might be out as the union head at the end of the year.

For the record, Smith does have big lips, but the Michelin tires thing is completely false. Some people like Mick Jagger make a fortune with their big lips, that guy was the big lips and tongue guy for decades.

kat.jpg

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Damn, we agree.  

I know a lot of atheists and agnostics that are more Christ like than many believers I know.  That's all.  Trying to attribute an aspect of morality as the sole purview of a single group is dumb.  

The social left just goes orgasmic over labels and stereotypes. Whoever they think exists in the classes and groups they dislike, they’ll let them have it. Accuracy in that regard isn’t their thing.

kat.jpg

8 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

The social left just goes orgasmic over labels and stereotypes. Whoever they think exists in the classes and groups they dislike, they’ll let them have it. Accuracy in that regard isn’t their thing.

Awesome use of the Sports side of the forum to push your socio-political agenda. 

Well Played.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

10 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Awesome use of the Sports side of the forum to push your socio-political agenda. 

Well Played.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

I’m here for entertainment. Generally no one changes anyone’s minds here. 

I put it here because if Gruden gets suspended or worse, it will affect the Raiders on the field. Or if the Raiders players don’t forgive him and give up on him as coach, then it affects the team on the field. So it’s sports and political. 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

Of course it’s not a nice thing to say. But this was a private email not meant for public consumption. If you’re going to say that you’ve never vented privately by making fun of someone (the way they look, talk, etc.) in an insensitive manner like this, you’re lying. In fact, for those groups and classes of people not in the PC rule book, (happycracker’s rulebook is a special edition), then it’s open fair game. Our resident lefty’s are ruthless on “going there” against anyone they hate that’s white, Christian, on the right side politically, etc. 

But say anything remotely insensitive to those in the PC rulebook, cancel culture it is. Ironically many who love to cancel people have been guilty of much much much worse. Look at Joy Reid, Joy Behar, Don Lemon, soooo many have done the same kinds of things. But these kinds of people being themselves on the far left, they get a pass. It is such a rigged part of our culture that must be destroyed.

Of course, we should all be grown ups as much as humanly possible, and not say these kinds of things. But sometimes shit happens, you lose your cool and you say things you don’t really mean towards people you’re blowing your top over. Every one of us has said hateful things to people we love that we really didn’t mean. If that happens, certainly we say things we don’t really mean towards people we don’t even like. PC social warriors will always claim to know your heart and assume the worst case scenario.....that you really mean everything that you say. That’s insane. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32362483/report-jon-gruden-used-racially-insensitive-language-referring-nflpa-president-demaurice-smith-2011-email

Hey twat lips! Zip it or I'll break your hip.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

Sooooo....you're saying it's ok to make racial comments as long as they're in secret?

Cougars fight for Dear ol' UofH

For our alma mater cheer

Fight for Houston University

For victory is near

When the going get so rough and tough

We never worry, CAUSE WE GOT THE STUFF!

So fight! Fight! Fight for Red and White!

And we will go to victory!