Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aztec Since 88

SJSU president is stepping down!

Submitted her resignation overnight on Wednesday. How drastically things change. During Saturday night's game, she was interviewed live and she gave no indication of anything being wrong any more. Especially of her imminent resignation. She was upbeat during the short interview. Was kinda shocked to see the email announcing it, yesterday morning. It appeared since the previous AD had been forcibly removed, that that was that. Apparently not. 

6 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

So the guy accused of touching swimmers has no criminal charges against him... but she's stepping down and it's a big crisis?

Based on the conclusion of the case, I am trying to understand why he hasn't been charged yet?

2 hours ago, battle.borne said:

So the guy accused of touching swimmers has no criminal charges against him... but she's stepping down and it's a big crisis?

The cover up is always worst

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

4 hours ago, battle.borne said:

You do know SJSU was successfully sued for $1.3 million over this….. right?

1 hour ago, wolfpack1 said:

She hasn't been there long has she? I remember the uproar when she was named president and outlined what her goals were and with some believing she was going to cut the athletic department.

I don’t think us Spartans ever thought she was going to cut the athletic department - that’s just a deep-rooted fear for many of us die-hards.  She ended up staying more than 5 years and was generally well-liked…

5 minutes ago, ripple effect said:

I don’t think us Spartans ever thought she was going to cut the athletic department - that’s just a deep-rooted fear for many of us die-hards.  She ended up staying more than 5 years and was generally well-liked…

Yeah seemed it was a fear some had, Seems like less than 5 years though 

1 hour ago, wolfpack1 said:

Yeah seemed it was a fear some had, Seems like less than 5 years though 

Dr. Papazian became the 30th president and third woman to lead SJSU on July 1, 2016. So it's been a bit more than 5 years. I don't miss Tuite as AD and I won't miss Papazian. Her resignation is good news for SJSU. :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

She hasn't been there long has she? I remember the uproar when she was named president and outlined what her goals were and with some believing she was going to cut the athletic department.

Their last President took a job in Somalia or some shit. Must’ve been pretty bad for him to take that as a better opportunity. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

4 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Their last President took a job in Somalia or some shit. Must’ve been pretty bad for him to take that as a better opportunity. 

Fresno < Somalia 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

5 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

I’m sure your last president would have found Fresno to be a paradise in relation to being the sjsu President 

Is this guy the last president you're talking about? If so, yes... he's the one person who would love to be president of Fresno.

Borisav-Jovic.jpg

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

10 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Mo Qayoumi was born in Kabul.  He was the acting minister of of finance and was an adviser to (former) Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani. One wonders if he managed to flee the country (and the Taliban) like so many others did (or at least tried to do)... 

On 10/8/2021 at 5:36 PM, SalinasSpartan said:

You do know SJSU was successfully sued for $1.3 million over this….. right?

Why aren't their criminal charges? 

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

This story about the scandal was a hit piece by the Mercury Pravda and the two Workers of the World Unite rejects who wrote it. They absolutely despise the fact there is an athletics dept. at SJS at all. So from their perspective, it's mission accomplished, at least two scalps adorning their walls rn.

Is there where Ole Kuz goes on to rationalize cover ups and how things really aren't that bad at State? No, It's quite the opposite actually. The story as written is pretty much the best case scenario for SJS. There's potential for it to be infinitely worse. In their zeal to portray SJS athletics in a negative light, the murky nooz may have let the one of the worst actors involved off of the hook.

The source for the reporting that lead to the blockbuster Sunday headlines were some of the swim team, and the coach of the swim team, Sage Hopkins.

By all accounts, Hopkins, the guy who gave the reporters the scoop, kept meticulous records of the events. He followed all the proper procedures and chains of command in reporting them. What a noble state employee! Hopkins truly was the savior of all the "Tuite Derangement Syndrome" sufferers throughout Sparta.

Here's the potential for the actual blockbuster problem. Hopkins knew that there was a sexual predator on the loose in his program for over ten years. And, despite his best efforts, there was nothing he could do to stop the sexual predator from preying on members of his team. So when Hopkins went out on the recruiting trail was he:

a) fully transparent to potential recruits and their families about a sexual predator potentially preying on them/their daughters? Or, did he:

b) pull the old "bait n switch", and not let them know until after the girls had signed with SJS?

"a" is our best case scenario. "b" is basically an petersen/briles scandal in reverse. Instead of recruiting the predator to the campus, the victims were knowingly delivered to the predator.

The TDSers on the homer board came down on me hard for blaspheming St. Sage of 7th St.  But this story stunk big time to me, from the very start. Too much focus on grudges and faculty, not enough focus on the girls. The lead wasn't just buried by the murky losers, it was completely ignored (just my hunch, to protect their source). Any parent who's sent their daughters off to school would want these unanswered questions to be addressed.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif