Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

F Joe Biden

3 minutes ago, Akkula said:

With Bridgewater as the starter and Lock stinking the only reason why we haven't brought in Kap for a tryout has to just be Elway's politics.  Kap could realistically challenge for starter in Denver.  It isn't like the Broncos are gushing with good QB options and it is a crime not to have turned over the Kap leaf over the last few years.

He's been out of the NFL now long enough that there are better options available.  But you have to convince Elway to spend the money.  

6 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Yea I think its loosely related just because the nfl is so uptight a out everything. But in think the politics part is more fan driven. They want to constantly remind meatballs in philly and texas that they arent the NBA.

oh it's a terrible group.  Bunch of rich old white guys....  Investment groups will eventually change a lot of this as it's going to be way too expensive to one a team individually.  But that comes with it's own issues.

17 minutes ago, 702Canary said:

If only we could pick our Presidents by what drunk Neanderthals at NFL and NASCAR events think.  Things would be so much nicer.

Better to have the NBA Players Association choose the next president.

110926run_defense710.jpg

1 hour ago, Akkula said:

With Bridgewater as the starter and Lock stinking the only reason why we haven't brought in Kap for a tryout has to just be Elway's politics.  Kap could realistically challenge for starter in Denver.  It isn't like the Broncos are gushing with good QB options and it is a crime not to have turned over the Kap leaf over the last few years.

Kap’s been out of FB for so long now, I doubt he’d do very well. His ability had declined some while being in FB and training hard. If Kap really wants to be a pro athlete, he should try baseball. 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, smltwnrckr said:

It's almost as if taking the politics out of something is itself a political act. I got a few idiot buttons when I suggested that back in the day.

Just messing with you on the Hair emoji.

:thumbsup:

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, HR_Poke said:

It's related because it's the same stuff.  Can't potentially have infidelity in your coaching staff.  It's a huge distraction from the team and pisses off the owners and might reduce their ticket revenue.  Now they are all jumping on the social justice bandwagon because it might increase revenue.  It's probably the most bassakwards group in professional sports.   

I've read about the Baseball owners in the 20's and 30's being opposed to broadcasting their ball games because they feared no one would come to the ballpark if they could listen for free on the radio.

Americans Mayor

1 minute ago, Spaztecs said:

I've read about the Baseball owners in the 20's and 30's being opposed to broadcasting their ball games because they feared no one would come to the ballpark if they could listen for free on the radio.

wouldn't surprise me.  Baseball owners prior to WW2 were essentially slave owners.  They treated the players like indentured servants. 

1 hour ago, Akkula said:

At 33 how much life is left in his arms and legs ?

Americans Mayor

1 minute ago, HR_Poke said:

wouldn't surprise me.  Baseball owners prior to WW2 were essentially slave owners.  They treated the players like indentured servants. 

Hence, the Chicago Black Sox scandal.

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, HR_Poke said:

as soon as he has a completion rating higher than 53%....

I know this was tongue in cheek, but I remember having this discussion with a good friend who is a Shaprio fanboi after Tiny Ben attributed Kap's lack of a job to his job performance.

So I looked up his QB rating, which depending on the source was somewhere between  81 and 89.

Even going with the lower of the two figures, that puts his QB rating higher than John Elway, Dan Fouts, Phil Sims, Johnny Unitas, Terry Bradshaw, Tory AIkman, Warren Moon, and a host of other HF QBs. 

In fact, in the history of the NFL, out of 186 QBs to record a minimum of 1,500 passing attempts, Kap had the 5th best all time TD:Int ratio. Fifth. Of all time.

So, no, it's not his job performance keeping him off a roster. :shrug:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

4 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I know this was tongue in cheek, but I remember having this discussion with a good friend who is a Shaprio fanboi after Tiny Ben attributed Kap's lack of a job to his job performance.

So I looked up his QB rating, which depending on the source was somewhere between  81 and 89.

Even going with the lower of the two figures, that puts his QB rating higher than John Elway, Dan Fouts, Phil Sims, Johnny Unitas, Terry Bradshaw, Tory AIkman, Warren Moon, and a host of other HF QBs. 

In fact, in the history of the NFL, out of 186 QBs to record a minimum of 1,500 passing attempts, Kap had the 5th best all time TD:Int ratio. Fifth. Of all time.

Correct it was Trumpism.

Period.

Americans Mayor

3 hours ago, robe said:

Let the F Joe Biden chant ring out this weekend over sporting events. https://www.newsweek.com/f-joe-biden-chant-breaks-out-new-york-jets-nfl-game-1635185

Phuck Trumpism

Americans Mayor

3 hours ago, robe said:

Let the F Joe Biden chant ring out this weekend over sporting events. https://www.newsweek.com/f-joe-biden-chant-breaks-out-new-york-jets-nfl-game-1635185

Fake news, the chant was "Let's go Brandon". 

:hookah:

110926run_defense710.jpg

25 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Terry Bradshaw is Garbage!!!!

31 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

20's and 30's, shit - the Wirtz family was still doing that in the 90's.

2 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

Pure garbage. Most overrated QB ever! From an era where they threw 10 times a game.

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

He was great at handing off to his RB's.

Americans Mayor