robe

F Joe Biden

Just now, NVGiant said:

Since we’re cool with politics at NFL games now, can Kap get a job?

as soon as he has a completion rating higher than 53%....

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

as soon as he has a completion rating higher than 53%....

59.8%. And yeah, that’s the reason he doesn’t have a job.

7 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

59.8%. And yeah, that’s the reason he doesn’t have a job.

He's no Josh Allen....

• Cheers 2
8 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

He's no Josh Allen....

Agreed. Josh would never make an army of hypocrites feel so uncomfortable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, NVGiant said:

Agreed. Josh would never make an army of hypocrites feel so uncomfortable.

lol, I just like giving you guys a hard time about him.  He should probably be playing somewhere, and if he had better stats some team would probably have hired him.  But your talking about a Teddy Bridgewater level QB that has some baggage.  And the NFL owners are a bunch of old white curmudgeons that don't like their own failings pointed out and try to claim they are pure of virtue.  I mean shit look at the Jags owner making a huge deal over Urban Meyer grinding against some chic at a bar in Ohio.  Like who gives a shit?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

lol, I just like giving you guys a hard time about him.  He should probably be playing somewhere, and if he had better stats some team would probably have hired him.  But your talking about a Teddy Bridgewater level QB that has some baggage.  And the NFL owners are a bunch of old white curmudgeons that don't like their own failings pointed out and try to claim they are pure of virtue.  I mean shit look at the Jags owner making a huge deal over Urban Meyer grinding against some chic at a bar in Ohio.  Like who gives a shit?

Nah. You're too good a guy to fall down this rabbit hole. I don't care about Urban Meyer, nor do I understand why it's related. Simply put, those white curmudgeons kowtowed to a mob. Can't say I blame them, really. These idiots are huge part of the NFL's fanbase, and they worried for their bottom lines. No, I blame the idiots. The same mob that says it despises cancel culture canceled Kap because they said they didn't want politics messing up their Sunday afternoons. Then they went to a game to chant F Joe Biden. Well, F their hypocrisy.

• Like 5
  • Cheers 1
  • Super-Mega Idiot 1
4 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Nah. You're too good a guy to fall down this rabbit hole. I don't care about Urban Meyer, nor do I understand why it's related. Simply put, those white curmudgeons kowtowed to a mob. Can't say I blame them, really. These idiots are huge part of the NFL's fanbase, and they worried for their bottom lines. No, I blame the idiots. The same mob that says it despises cancel culture canceled Kap because they said they didn't want politics messing up their Sunday afternoons. Then they went to a game to chant F Joe Biden. Well, F their hypocrisy.

It's almost as if taking the politics out of something is itself a political act. I got a few idiot buttons when I suggested that back in the day.

• Like 4
  • Super-Mega Idiot 1
Just now, smltwnrckr said:

It's almost as if taking the politics out of something is itself a political act. I got a few idiot buttons when I suggested that back in the day.

Oh yeah, I'm sure. But all of this was always so obvious. They didn't want politics out. They just wanted politics that made them feel uncomfortable out. 

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Oh yeah, I'm sure. But all of this was always so obvious. They didn't want politics out. They just wanted politics that made them feel uncomfortable out. 

That's basically what it means to get politics out of something. Like, modern pop country is so political by its supposedly apolitical content its dizzying.

Also, if I wasnt so lazy, I'd track down some of the many comments on here about how people shouldn't let presidential politics impact their personal lives during the trump years. You know, making fun of people complaining about the president. 

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

It's related because it's the same stuff.  Can't potentially have infidelity in your coaching staff.  It's a huge distraction from the team and pisses off the owners and might reduce their ticket revenue.  Now they are all jumping on the social justice bandwagon because it might increase revenue.  It's probably the most bassakwards group in professional sports.   

40 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

Broncos need a backup QB.  Drew Lock stinks. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

The owners interjected politics into this whole thing long before Kap.  They jumped all over the jingoistic propaganda after 9/11 because it would increase their revenue.  All the fly overs, american flags the size of the field, etc.  

• Like 5
Just now, Akkula said:

Broncos need a backup QB.  Drew Lock stinks. 

He can't read a defense to save his life.  Elway is terrible at picking QB's.

• Like 1

It's related because it's the same stuff.  Can't potentially have infidelity in your coaching staff.  It's a huge distraction from the team and pisses off the owners and might reduce their ticket revenue.  Now they are all jumping on the social justice bandwagon because it might increase revenue.  It's probably the most bassakwards group in professional sports.   

Yea I think its loosely related just because the nfl is so uptight a out everything. But in think the politics part is more fan driven. They want to constantly remind meatballs in philly and texas that they arent the NBA.

• Like 1

He can't read a defense to save his life.  Elway is terrible at picking QB's.

With Bridgewater as the starter and Lock stinking the only reason why we haven't brought in Kap for a tryout has to just be Elway's politics.  Kap could realistically challenge for starter in Denver.  It isn't like the Broncos are gushing with good QB options and it is a crime not to have turned over the Kap leaf over the last few years.

• Facepalm 1