Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

What are your deal breakers when it comes to politics?

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

I read posts like this and I think that you have fallen victim to the characterization of the opposition as a boogeyman that only exists inside your tiny head.  You are totally what is wrong with politics right now. The belief that my side is perfect the other side are all vile human beings and can jump off a cliff with rocks at the bottom. It's simplistic,  unrealistic, harmful thinking. The GOP has some valid beliefs about things that are completely legitimate, the DNC has completely valid beliefs and even I have been swayed on some of them. Both parties have disgusting beliefs that are harmful to the country. You should be more open minded to complex thinking  instead of GOP bad, Democrats good. 

Name a few things the republicans are really really for outside of guns, abortion & low taxes on the rich 

4 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I read posts like this and I think that you have fallen victim to the characterization of the opposition as a boogeyman that only exists inside your tiny head.  You are totally what is wrong with politics right now. The belief that my side is perfect the other side are all vile human beings and can jump off a cliff with rocks at the bottom. It's simplistic,  unrealistic, harmful thinking. The GOP has some valid beliefs about things that are completely legitimate, the DNC has completely valid beliefs and even I have been swayed on some of them. Both parties have disgusting beliefs that are harmful to the country. You should be more open minded to complex thinking  instead of GOP bad, Democrats good. 

Only one party tried to overturn democracy and raided the US Capital.  It wasn't AOC.  It wasn't Jalyapal.  It wasnit Maxine Waters.  It wasn't BLM and it wasn't Antifa.  It wasn't the Black Guerilla Family.  It wasn't SUR.  It wasn't the Rolling 60s.  It wasn't the Bloods.

They are not comparable or congruent in any way.  You also said you'd vote for Trump again.  It's not BOTH at this point.

Bringing religion into politics

Blatant dishonesty (I know that all politicians are liars, but flat-out denying that you said something and then continuing to say it comes to mind)

Not owning mistakes

Conspiracy theories

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

2 minutes ago, 702Canary said:

Only one party tried to overturn democracy and raided the US Capital.  It wasn't AOC.  It wasn't Jalyapal.  It wasnit Maxine Waters.  It wasn't BLM and it wasn't Antifa.  It wasn't the Black Guerilla Family.  It wasn't SUR.  It wasn't the Rolling 60s.  It wasn't the Bloods.

They are not comparable or congruent in any way.  You also said you'd vote for Trump again.  It's not BOTH at this point.

It wasn't a political party that tried to overthrow the capital. It was a bunch of Q idiots. Did they support the president yes, did the Republican party officially support them to overtake the capital no. 

You are a simple minded fool who can only repeat what the Democrat overlords tell you to say. Both parties bear responsibility for the terrible state of our country today. 

18 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

It wasn't a political party that tried to overthrow the capital. It was a bunch of Q idiots. Did they support the president yes, did the Republican party officially support them to overtake the capital no. 

You are a simple minded fool who can only repeat what the Democrat overlords tell you to say. Both parties bear responsibility for the terrible state of our country today. 

Within a few hours after the attack on the Capitol, OVER 80 Republicans still voted to decertify the election............to this day only TWO republicans have publicly denounced the attack - Others have called it "tourists" "non-violent" "people protesting"

You either are so stupid you can't grasp reality or you are so far up the orange clowns ass you could chew his food - So stop with trying to be Mr. Centrist..........you're a clueless clown who has no idea what the f**k you're talking about 

43 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Within a few hours after the attack on the Capitol, OVER 80 Republicans still voted to decertify the election............to this day only TWO republicans have publicly denounced the attack - Others have called it "tourists" "non-violent" "people protesting"

You either are so stupid you can't grasp reality or you are so far up the orange clowns ass you could chew his food - So stop with trying to be Mr. Centrist..........you're a clueless clown who has no idea what the f**k you're talking about 

lol 

Pot meet Kettle. 

Get your head out of Nancy Pelosi's  vag before you criticize where I put mine. lol. 

30 minutes ago, Bob said:

Do you believe children need to be vaccinated against covid-19?

I recommend 12 y/o+ get vaccinated, but I don't believe they "need to be" or it be mandated. Children are much less likey to be infected, but they can still get sick and spread infection.

Free speech. Anyone who puts a "but..." after it is out. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Unless they are for the immediate liquidation of the bourgeoisie and the establishment of a Juche state in the model of Eternal Leader Generalissimo Kim il-Sung..

it's a no for me dawg

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

10 hours ago, retrofade said:

Let's say that you agree with 80-90% of someone's views, what are the one or two beliefs that they might have that would cause you to never consider voting for them? Why are those issues absolute deal breakers for you? Or perhaps you don't have any hot button issues like that and take a pragmatic view of voting for the best possible candidate?

On the local level, land & housing policies. It's incredibly important, and statewide & local politicians typically have the most control over it

4 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Anyone that supports big government and wants to regulate every thing we say and do. 

So you're not moving to Texas any time soon?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.