Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

MLB Playoffs Thread

4 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

I was in the middle of teaching my class when my phone buzzed with a notification for first pitch. Who's bright idea was it to have a 2:00 first pitch in LA for the NLCS?? 

Screenshot_20211019-192419_Instagram.jpg.a766688bcb49898d60647fe2c8c871ce.jpg

Guessing MLB/Turner sports didn’t want the game to conflict with opening night with the LA Lakers. 

6 hours ago, crixus said:

Belli Bomb (three run homer) ties it up 5-5, bottom of the eighth. :cheer:

Have to admit it looked pretty bleak there heading into the 8th. I laughed when the broadcast showed fans leaving the stadium in their cars, headed for the freeway. Sure enough a belli bomb ties it up minutes later. 

9 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

Have to admit it looked pretty bleak there heading into the 8th. I laughed when the broadcast showed fans leaving the stadium in their cars, headed for the freeway. Sure enough a belli bomb ties it up minutes later. 

Reminded me of 1988 when Gibson hit his home run in WS Game 1. In the video, you can see cars hitting their brake lights as the call was being made on the radio. Too funny.

image.png.8924c4150bc4b798167a902747ca08fc.png

4 hours ago, SDSU891 said:

Reminded me of 1988 when Gibson hit his home run in WS Game 1. In the video, you can see cars hitting their brake lights as the call was being made on the radio. Too funny.

image.png.8924c4150bc4b798167a902747ca08fc.png

Never understood the fans that spend good money on tickets only to deal with massive traffic and as a result they show up late, and hightail it out of there in the 8th. 

I've got a powerful hankerin' for some beef jerkey. Go Dodgers! 

https://bestreviews.com/food-drink/snacks/best-beef-jerky

NLCS Game 4 - HR's for Rosario & DuVall, Braves lead 2-0, top of the second. 

Take Urias out dagnabit. He's given up 3 homers in only three innings. :rolleyes: Braves lead 4-0.

I've been painting my house as a DIY project and I was exhausted which led me to fall asleep in the sixth inning. When I woke up in the ninth and saw the 9-2 score I thought I was dreaming. Make that a nightmare. :o Oh well...back to house painting. Go Blue! 

16 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

Mary Hart saw enough and left early. Lol ouch.

I am just glad we beat the Giants, probably not going to come back from a 3-1 series deficit. 

I think the long pennant race and playoffs with the Cardinals and Giants have taken the starch out of the Dodgers, particularly the starting pitching staff. Consistent hitting has been a problem all year. Loss of Muncy hasn’t helped. 

OK, here we go NLCS game 5.

Let's Go Dodgers! 

Los Angeles 4 Atlanta 2 after three innings. 

Go Blue!