Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

MLB Playoffs Thread

3 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

With all the hoopla about teams with Native American names like the Braves how do they get away with the war chants and tomahawk crap the fans do? 

I was wondering the same thing during the Braves game yesterday and also during the Kansas City Chiefs game today. Their fans do it too.

Braves cut the lead to 4-3 in the bottom of the eighth.

It's now tied up 4-4. 

9 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

That 5th run we could have had if Roberts pinch runs for Turner looms large now. 

Someone did the math and during the Dodgers pre-game show they said the Dodgers win 85% of the time when they score 5 runs or more. 

4 minutes ago, crixus said:

Someone did the math and during the Dodgers pre-game show they said the Dodgers win 85% of the time when they score 5 runs or more. 

So far this series the Dodgers have left a ton of guys on the bases. If they don’t start driving those guys in they’re going to lose. They’re looking at being down 2-0 which will be tough to come back from even though they came back from 3-1 last year to beat the Braves. 

16 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Well the Dodgers have certainly dug themselves a deep hole down 2-0 now. Back to LA on Tuesday. Almost need a sweep in LA. 

The tension is definitely mounting. LA has to win the next game, that's a must. There's no way they'll come back if they go 3 down. 

1 hour ago, crixus said:

The tension is definitely mounting. LA has to win the next game, that's a must. There's no way they'll come back if they go 3 down. 

Everyone thought they were done after losing game 4 last year, they got shellacked. They lost two close games with multiple opportunities to blow the game wide open in both games. 

For some reason I’m not worried about the Braves. 

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

I still don’t understand Roberts using Urias in relief. It sure didn’t work out well. 

He tries to out think the room.  There's no way the GM told Roberts to use Urias tonight (or for Scherzer to close their series vs San Fran).  Those two moves were on Roberts.  One worked, the other didn't.

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

Why? Belli can play outfield.

Obviously he can.  But given the injuries he's gone through this year, finishing October at 1st feels like it would protect him more.

5 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

Everyone thought they were done after losing game 4 last year, they got shellacked. They lost two close games with multiple opportunities to blow the game wide open in both games. 

For some reason I’m not worried about the Braves. 

Yes, the Dodgers were down to the Braves by two games last year too. Like I said, if they don't win the next game they'll be down by three, and they won't come back from that. So they'd better win on Tuesday. I haven't given up on this season, not yet. Go Blue!

Game 3 - Atlanta @ Los Angeles, Tuesday at 2:08 pm (PT) on TBS

9 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

The Dodgers used to bring up someone from the minors that would contend for rookie of the year. Now they bring up guys like Souza and Raley. The farm system has dried up. 

The Dodgers traded away their most Major League ready prospect to get Scherzer and Turner. The farm system hasn't necessarily dried up. It's that the Dodgers have been using their prospect capital to win now. Which is exactly what they should be doing.