Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

MLB Playoffs Thread

2 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

The Giants won a helluva lot of one run games and had numerous come from behind wins all year. The Dodgers kept winning but couldn’t catch them until tonight when the Giants magic finally ran out.

They actually didn’t have that many come from behind wins. They were merciless with a lead. But, I can’t beat back that narrative now.

1 minute ago, ripple effect said:

Lol. Respect you as a poster in general, but you don’t but 107 wins?  Sure…

You can laugh at me all you want.

But the Giants got outscored 23-9 in the series.  Yes, the Giants are clutch, have great pitching and defense, and they are opportunistic offensively.  But they didn't score enough runs against good pitching to win the series.

7 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Lol coming from a SJSU fan. 

We played - and beat - all the conference opponents that didn’t shit the Covid-19 bed last year (6 of 8 possible games). What else are we supposed to do?  Don’t blame us for the teams that whiffed on that. We played and won the vary majority of games we played. The Dodgers played 60 of 162 last year. I’ll let you do the math... 

4 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

You can laugh at me all you want.

But the Giants got outscored 23-9 in the series.  Yes, the Giants are clutch, have great pitching and defense, and they are opportunistic offensively.  But they didn't score enough runs against good pitching to win the series.

Last time I checked, a 1-0 win counted the same as a 9-2 win. Let me know when that changes…

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

Yeah and this time Mookie is on our side although Verdugo and Kiki have had good years for the Sox. 

and babyface Joc has been killing it for the braves.  I always liked his goofy ass.  I told my buddy he is exactly who we needed in game three, that's the kind of game that goofy kid would run into one.

As far as the staff, the bully hasn't really been overworked.  They will miss Kershaw in a 7 game series, that's for sure.  Not sure what they will do game 1, but after that, they should be back on cycle with their starters, right?  The one inning tonight isn't going to impact Scherzer much.

8 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Oh, that’s rich from a sjsu fan. Screenshot this one, boys. 

Lol. Your dipschitt team dodged us last year thanks to Covid. Keep talking. The Dodgers won a fake World Series in a year they played less than 40% of the total games they would normally be expected to play. Triple asterisk for L.A. there, pal…

1 hour ago, Jersey Rebels said:

Bad call, definitely. Do I think the better team moved on? Yes. Should it have ended this way? No. 

That Giants batter Flores was 0-17 against Scherzer and I think he would have been 0-18 in another pitch or two. Yes, it was a bad call, but every team goes through situations like that. It's baseball. 

2 minutes ago, ripple effect said:

Lol. Your dipschitt team dodged us last year thanks to Covid. Keep talking. The Dodgers won a fake World Series in a year they played less than 40% of the total games they would normally be expected to play. Triple asterisk for L.A. there, pal…

Happy Los Angeles GIF by MLB