Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grandjean87

Naked Kacey

8 minutes ago, gold-n-brown said:

Really enjoyed her first couple albums.

I’m not a fan boy, but I think she reps Country and Americana well. She has an authenticity and just enough quirkiness.  When she did her John Prine song…sort of sealed it. Collaborations w/John and folks like Brandi Carlisle…good stuff.  Hipsters dig her. 

Btw, you are the Todd Snider fan?  He’s in Boise this week, but I’m too busy and not into indoor concerts yet. 

Yes. He played Sunday night.  Speaking of Prine, I saw Snider open up for him years ago in Colorado.  I also saw Todd solo at a tiny club in Denver a few years back.

Story with Kasey was had a family tragedy seven years ago and jumped in the car for a thousand mile trip.  We were not in our right mind or prepared when we left and my wife's car had two cds. Casey's debut and Jason Isbell's Southeastern.  They were played on repeat for one of the longest days of our lives. Still tear up a little when those songs come on.  The power of music man!

40 minutes ago, gold-n-brown said:

Yes. He played Sunday night.  Speaking of Prine, I saw Snider open up for him years ago in Colorado.  I also saw Todd solo at a tiny club in Denver a few years back.

Story with Kasey was had a family tragedy seven years ago and jumped in the car for a thousand mile trip.  We were not in our right mind or prepared when we left and my wife's car had two cds. Casey's debut and Jason Isbell's Southeastern.  They were played on repeat for one of the longest days of our lives. Still tear up a little when those songs come on.  The power of music man!

Amazing how lyrical music can so affect. 

In the mid-90s, John Prine was big on of one Boise radio stations. I went to two concerts w/students and parents at the Morrison Center.  He came out after Spanish Pipedream on the first one joking they were the ”Beatles of Boise”. 

15 hours ago, grandjean87 said:

Thanks  for sharing. First I've heard of her. This song has got a good blend of country vocals with a blend of Tracy Chapman/P.J. Harvey/Alanis Morrissette/Tori Amos. (Sorry, I hate making those types of comparisons, but they all came to mind while listening to this song.) Good Stuff.

1 hour ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Thanks  for sharing. First I've heard of her. This song has got a good blend of country vocals with a blend of Tracy Chapman/P.J. Harvey/Alanis Morrissette/Tori Amos. (Sorry, I hate making those types of comparisons, but they all came to mind while listening to this song.) Good Stuff.

She became pretty big a few years back.  Her 2018 album, Golden Hour, won the Grammy for Album of the Year (all albums), plus a ton of other awards Grammys, CMAs, etc., and lots of critical acclaim.  I'm kind of old for some of her stuff :), but I enjoy her when I do listen.  I actually haven't listened to much of Golden Hour.  I understand it's country pop w/eclectic tinges.  Her "Burn One With John Prine" from before she was really that well known is what got me to her.  Amateur video in a guitar pull format: