Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Make America Great Again, Again!

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

Turenne won a more important war

My brain did not compute the random injection of 17th century shit here

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Just now, youngredbullfan said:

My brain did not compute the random injection of 17th century shit here

If I want bad vaccine takes I go on facebook

If I want french army victories, I look from the 17th to the early 19th centuries

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

4 hours ago, Bob said:

Give me Trump over the fascist, immoral, lying, spend-us-into-oblivion, globalist, anti-capitalist Biden shit show ANY day

I always enjoy how you talk with your arse!  How did u survive the military with all your racist rants?  Oh yeah ur old and were in a long time ago

5 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

27ec7c63e3537ef754638029f259babd.jpg
Joffre liked to eat, drink, and sleep. That doesn’t take a military genius but he was fun. In a way. I guess.

Joffre absolutely was dour. The main difference from other great European military minds was that he was a round rich boy who liked his treats.

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

2 minutes ago, Nevada6077 said:

I always enjoy how you talk with your arse!  How did u survive the military with all your racist rants?  Oh yeah ur old and were in a long time ago

I don't think Bob was in the military.... and he's actually in his early 30s if I'm remembering right. 

4 minutes ago, happycamper said:

If I want bad vaccine takes I go on facebook

If I want french army victories, I look from the 17th to the early 19th centuries

Napoleon was on his grind and success mindset shit. Only stopped by his haters smh.

Just now, youngredbullfan said:

Napoleon was on his grind and success mindset shit. Only stopped by his haters smh.

If I you were to give me:

a ship that would sail against the winds and currents by lighting a bonfire under the deck

to battle the premier navy in the world and to fight a war with a massive logistical tail, I would decline. Not having those advantages would just make me work harder. I guess I am built different

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

44 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

He wasn't a populist. He advocated the complete destruction of all democratic institutions and initiated a coup.  Populism != fascism just because they have similar archetypes.

You keep repeating that point though most the board disagrees with you.  

the general board position

Populism can become authoritarian regimes from the left or the right and many authoritarian regimes start as populist regimes.  

you believe differently which is fine.  I merely ask you to cite a single concrete source of some credibility that supports you contention.   

6 hours ago, HR_Poke said:

Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by Focus Features

She called out Harris on her BS criminal record and flip flopping as well as Biden's anti crime bill and how wrong they were on Afghanistan.  I don't agree with many of her policies, but someone who is pragmatic you can work with....

I’d love to see Tulsi on the debate stage again so someone can call her on HER BS how she flip flopped from being “anti war” to being much more hawkish. Was she just full of shit when she was running for President? 

21 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

The Nazis were definitely not the ruling elite for the most part.

The ruling elite were in the Centre Party if Catholic and DVNP if Protestant. They eventually coalesced around Hitler as a means to assert their imperialist reactionary fantasies and stave off the commies. Look at someone like Hugenberg or Elard von Oldenburg who thought they could manipulate Hitler into bringing back the Kaiser lmao

Most of the ruling parties were absorbed into the nazi party along with what was the ruling aristocracy under the kaiser after hitlers destruction of the liberal elite though.  They were one in the same post 1938. 

47 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

Fascist movements are definitely populist. Their populist sales pitch can just be boiled down to "hate the others". This is in contrast with the leftist populist pitch, which can be boiled down to, "share the wealth." 

Or hate the owners of the means of production.  Both are populist uprisings with a defined scapegoat.  

1 minute ago, HR_Poke said:

Most of the ruling parties were absorbed into the nazi party along with what was the ruling aristocracy under the kaiser after hitlers destruction of the liberal elite though.  They were one in the same post 1938. 

Yeah, they were subsumed by Hitler and the Nazis. The populists won, and the elite jumped on after the fact. The Nazis weren't really elite-driven, they were populists who appealed to the middle class. 

44 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

Like I said, he was unable to actually rule like a fascist due to opposition from institutions and Democrats.

But trust me, ideologically, Trumpism seeks to exterminate opposition, many times literally.

Trumpism also seeks to bend industry to what they perceive as the national interest (and Trump tried this with Boeing and other companies), like the corporatism of fascist Europe. Even now, Trumpism seeks to cripple and control certain corporations like Facebook and Twitter that they view as working against the nation. 

Exactly.  Why do you thing he is going so hard after Liz Cheney et al

7 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

You keep repeating that point though most the board disagrees with you.  

the general board position

Populism can become authoritarian regimes from the left or the right and many authoritarian regimes start as populist regimes.  

you believe differently which is fine.  I merely ask you to cite a single concrete source of some credibility that supports you contention.   

Who cares what most of the board agrees with?  What does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

1 minute ago, youngredbullfan said:

Yeah, they were subsumed by Hitler and the Nazis. The populists won, and the elite jumped on after the fact. The Nazis weren't really elite-driven, they were populists who appealed to the middle class. 

I disagree, the very nature of populism is us vs the ruling elite.  The nazis were us vs the threat of communism, then became us vs the jews. 

1 minute ago, HR_Poke said:

Who cares what most of the board agrees with?  What does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

It’s means the general consensus would indicate your opinion is incorrect.  You can blindly hold that opinion or cite at least one source that would agree with you.   Right now it is opinion versus opinion and you are in the substantial minority.   Therefore, it’s incumbent upon you to chose to cite your source or stubbornly remain uninformed.   

Your choice…