Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coog kev

#25 San Diego State

4 minutes ago, dshawfan said:

I can’t speak for the Wyo staff, but I’m sure the Aztec staff realizes the problem, but we just don’t seem to have a QB atm that can consistently deliver the ball accurately through the air. 

Perhaps they thought the problem was solved when it appeared that the SC transfer, Sears, was coming, but he ended up on the Blue Turf, so we are left hoping our frosh QB will eventually be the one to reintroduce the pass attack on the Mesa. 

What's this forward pass innovation you speak of ?

Bring back the flying wedge.

Pound the Rock !

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Short lived no doubt, and you guys, well tough to play on the Rock and you pulled an "Aztec" Defeat from the jaws of Victory... (See our Lower Nevada games in prior years for reference).

1 hour ago, Coog kev said:

San Diego State can move up next week since it's UNM. 

No way should SDSU move up by beating UNM at home. Rather, if the Aztecs LOSE to the Lobos, we should drop out of the top 25 like an anchor. (Right now, SDSU is -17 and I don't think we'll cover. Rocky and Danny have had the game on their calendars in bold with red lettering for months and SDSU almost never plays well coming off a bye.) I'm not even sure if SDSU will move up by winning on a short week at SJSU, which also hates us and thinks we're a big rival of theirs. Assuming we can win in San Jose, we could move up by winning at Colorado Springs on October 23. The Aztecs have won the last eight games against that team which uninformed fans on the AAC board think is god's gift to college athletics so the Falcons will also definitely be gunning for us.

40 minutes ago, dshawfan said:

I can’t speak for the Wyo staff, but I’m sure the Aztec staff realizes the problem, but we just don’t seem to have a QB atm that can consistently deliver the ball accurately through the air. 

Perhaps they thought the problem was solved when it appeared that the SC transfer, Sears, was coming, but he ended up on the Blue Turf, so we are left hoping our frosh QB will eventually be the one to reintroduce the pass attack on the Mesa. 

Imagine holding a clipboard for an unranked, under .500 Boise State team when you could have been leading the Aztecs to their 22nd championship....

7 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

No way should SDSU move up by beating UNM at home. Rather, if the Aztecs LOSE to the Lobos, we should drop out of the top 25 like an anchor. (Right now, SDSU is -17 and I don't think we'll cover. Rocky and Danny have had the game on their calendars in bold with red lettering for months and SDSU almost never plays well coming off a bye.) I'm not even sure if SDSU will move up by winning on a short week at SJSU, which also hates us and thinks we're a big rival of theirs. Assuming we can win in San Jose, we could move up by winning at Colorado Springs on October 23. The Aztecs have won the last eight games against that team which uninformed fans on the AAC board think is god's gift to college athletics so the Falcons will also definitely be gunning for us.

Rankings are always about moving up when somebody ahead of you loses, and moving down when you lose. So yeah, a win vs. UNM will help SDSU move up - IF somebody else above them loses. 

1 minute ago, Koji Vu said:

Rankings are always about moving up when somebody ahead of you loses, and moving down when you lose. So yeah, a win vs. UNM will help SDSU move up - IF somebody else above them loses. 

I agree with Bill and Ted that that 22nd championship thing is bogus but the Aztecs could conceivably move up a spot by beating the Lobos.

San Diego State has no goose egg in the loss column.  The Utah win means a lot.  So does the credibility of playing in MWC regarding future match-ups.  UNM and San Jose should be barn burners for Aztecs.  Ya'll are mirroring Wyoming sked upcoming in conference play post San Jose.  The both of ya'll are at Air Force and hosting up Fresno, delayed by two weeks on the SDSU side. 

Ironically Wyoming does at San Jose and hosting UNM too on the same time table over the next 4 weeks.  Interesting funky mirror. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

34 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

Imagine holding a clipboard for an unranked, under .500 Boise State team when you could have been leading the Aztecs to their 22nd championship....

Yeah that crossed my mind as I was watching the 2nd half of Nevada vs BSU. 

46 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

I watched the UTEP and Scout game with NM. That program is lacking talent in a huge way.

4 minutes ago, Coog kev said:

Aztecs by less than 3 TDs over UNM by Vegas wagering.  Yawn. B)

Ya too bad we can't take your program to the Woodshed again.

2 hours ago, Fowl said:

Kiss of death.  Ranked, coming off of a bye, playing against Rocky = congrats Lobos

You forget, Rocky doesn't have the horses that he had here.  There's no question he has a good defensive scheme, but does he have the players to pull it off?  I doubt it.