Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tailingpermit

Boise State vs BYU

3 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

Is that really that big of deal? If you don't want people celebrating on your homefield don't lose.

52 minutes ago, Pelado said:

Taking a team photo on an opponent's field is classless?  Strange opinion.

I wouldn't say it's classless, but it's pretty weird.  Only other team I can think of doing so was New Mexico when they beat Boise a few years ago. Most college coaches would take the Rocky Long "it's no big deal to win on the blue" approach.

4 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

bothered them so much they lost at home last week for Homecoming.  Now this week they're BYU's homecoming bitch.   Harsin's players talk tough but....

Losing on the blue  never used to be a thing.  Never happened.  Harsin made it a thing.  Avalos has a lot to recover.

56 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I wouldn't say it's classless, but it's pretty weird.  Only other team I can think of doing so was New Mexico when they beat Boise a few years ago. Most college coaches would take the Rocky Long "it's no big deal to win on the blue" approach.

Considering how many times they had lost to BSU on the Blue, in spite of many close games, I don't think it's that weird that they would want to celebrate and commemorate the breakthrough.

18 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

Is that really that big of deal? If you don't want people celebrating on your homefield don't lose.

BYU had Boise on the ropes many times over the years there, and didn't close the deal. It was a big deal for the team.

I agree it’s a non issue. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

16 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Typical, Classless, YBU.

You have a mental illness when it comes to BYU. No, you actually you have a mental illness period. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

22 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

BYU had Boise on the ropes many times over the years there, and didn't close the deal. It was a big deal for the team.

It's sophomoric, New Mexico did the same thing when they won with Bob Davie and they get shit for it.

So, you're not alone.

I'd say the same if Boise State were to do it, but there's no chance of winning this game.

17 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Boise with the missionary uniforms.

LB Riley Whimpey (249 tackles, 5 sacks over his career) and K Jonah Dalmas (17 of 20, long of 51) are the only returned missionaries for Boise State.

Ah yes, the missionary uni's.  Just missing name tags and clip on ties.

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

Dear YBU. Our offensive and defensive  lines are very fragile right now.  Please be kind after the score is 50-0 at halftime and Algeier has 450 yards and 5 touchdowns. 

Best RB we’ve faced this year and all the others have carved us up. Algeier has to be salivating. This game has high potential of turn it off at halftime. 

3 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Best RB we’ve faced this year and all the others have carved us up. Algeier has to be salivating. This game has high potential of turn it off at halftime. 

Oh no. I will watch the whole beatdown like a man, while crying in my beer after every Algeirs touchdown, or every missed block by the oline. 

1 minute ago, NorCalCoug said:

Man, Boise fans are a defeatist bunch.  What happened???  This will be a tougher matchup than you guys are giving it credit for.

Boise State defense trying to figure out how to stop the run. 

Three Stooges Vintage GIF

1 hour ago, NorCalCoug said:

Man, Boise fans are a defeatist bunch.  What happened???  This will be a tougher matchup than you guys are giving it credit for.

The Covid game vs BYU, that was so ugly that it's still in the bones.

I was reprimanded and put on double secret probation by the girlfriend while watching.  Had all the sliding glass doors open and she thought the neighbors would call in a domestic abuse check up (I was yelling at the TV).

And don't act like BYU fans haven't been here, even the great @Jack Bauergot sick of our siggy bets because of poor play.