Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spaztecs

Rank 'Em. Week 5

19 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Alright mr smarty pants, how is it at odds with my first post? 

I didn't say it was....you're asking the wrong guy. I personally skip over most of your posts so I don't know if it does or doesn't, but your track record here isn't great. 

23 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

I didn't say it was....you're asking the wrong guy. I personally skip over most of your posts so I don't know if it does or doesn't, but your track record here isn't great. 

Now that is just plain hurtful, and it feels like my dad just slapped me in the butt when I was a little booger. So now what am I going to do? 

image.png.a6b1191e344fcd59db8bf7e77587a863.png

kat.jpg

4 hours ago, Brew_Poke said:

Proving once again Massey is shit. BSU two slots ahead of a team they just got Boat Raced by?

FIFY.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

4 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Naw, UNM has no athletes. The SEC QB that was suppose to be a program builder is turning out to be a dud, we have a small, weak O-line that can't protect the QB or open holes for the the RB's. And a decent RL defense, but that's exhausted because they're on the field so much due to our 3 and out offense. yesterday, the defense was on the field getting brutalized by the AFA cut blocking O-line for almost 40 minutes! It's a beat up Lobos defense that's gonna get brutalized by SDSU this coming weekend as well.

We will be a win for UNLV at this juncture. I don't see things improving anytime soon.

Sad, but true. The beat downs started with A&M. They lack MW quality starters and depth. Its going to take a few years to recruit quality kids in.

Americans Mayor

We still can't throw the football and the D looks vulnerable against tempo. Smart coordinators, meaning anyone with experience playing us, will stack the box and dare us to throw.  I'm not sold yet, ranking or not. I'm afraid we'll get sliced up by a good QB. 

Reno

SDSU

Boise

Wyoming

AFA

Fresno

SJSU

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

15 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

We still can't throw the football and the D looks vulnerable against tempo. Smart coordinators, meaning anyone with experience playing us, will stack the box and dare us to throw.  I'm not sold yet, ranking or not. I'm afraid we'll get sliced up by a good QB. 

Reno

SDSU

Boise

Wyoming

AFA

Fresno

SJSU

I’ve only watched one Aztec game this year, against Utah and the Aztec defense roughed up that Utah O line pretty badly and chased Charlie Brewer all the way to the transfer portal. If they play like that, you’ll only need to score 20 a game to win the conference.

1 hour ago, NMpackalum said:

I’ve only watched one Aztec game this year, against Utah and the Aztec defense roughed up that Utah O line pretty badly and chased Charlie Brewer all the way to the transfer portal. If they play like that, you’ll only need to score 20 a game to win the conference.

That back up come in and cut us up. Granted, it was late and the D was a little spent but there are better QB's and better O-lines in the MWC West than Utah's.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

That back up come in and cut us up. Granted, it was late and the D was a little spent but there are better QB's and better O-lines in the MWC West than Utah's.

Agreed. Some Aztecs hate on Hecklinski for just burning the clock with run after run once we get a double digit lead in the second half. However, if Hoke and Heck are going to continue to use Johnson and Brookshire, I can't agree with that. Both QBs have what Hoke has called "grit" but that's a euphemism for "can't throw the ball any better than an average JC quarterback."

As long as SDSU remains undefeated one of theem has to remain the starter. However, once we lose - probably by something like 10-3 - I'd like to see us just go with Haskell. Once we lose to a mediocre MW team the NY6 bowl will effectively be off the table and winning the MW title just doesn't matter so they should burn Haskell's redshirt to maximize the chances of an undefeated season in the new stadium.

Thing is SDSU has been relaying on their running game for quite a while and has been somewhat successful at it. I haven't watched any SDSU games this year however so I don't know how they compare to years past when SDSU had issues with throwing the ball

1 hour ago, wolfpack1 said:

Thing is SDSU has been relaying on their running game for quite a while and has been somewhat successful at it. I haven't watched any SDSU games this year however so I don't know how they compare to years past when SDSU had issues with throwing the ball

We're not winning as much with that formula because teams are packing the box against us. Either our QB's and receivers ain't good enough to take advantage of single coverage on the outside, or, our OC takes his play calling cues from Brady and tries to milk the last 25-30 minutes off the clock.

I have never been so amazed at how many three and outs the Aztec Defense can generate, only to have the offense create one of their own and put a tired defense back out on the field.

Good Defense goes hand in hand with a decent offense.

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, Spaztecs said:

We're not winning as much with that formula because teams are packing the box against us. Either our QB's and receivers ain't good enough to take advantage of single coverage on the outside, or, our OC takes his play calling cues from Brady and tries to milk the last 25-30 minutes off the clock.

I have never been so amazed at how many three and outs the Aztec Defense can generate, only to have the offense create one of their own and put a tired defense back out on the field.

Good Defense goes hand in hand with a decent offense.

This is called Wyoming style complementary football, that's when the offense "complements" the defense for getting off the field yet again  while the O runs the 1 yard and a cloud of dust three and out system.  

Just now, Kirbycreekpoke said:

This is called Wyoming style complementary football, that's when the offense "complements" the defense for getting off the field yet again  while the O runs the 1 yard and a cloud of dust three and out system.  

That said, the new OC is changing things up from where Vigen did. Vigen would, on rare occasion, open up the playbook. This new OC not only does a bit more, but seems to have worked with Chambers a bit (he needs more, yes, but a bit) as well.

On 10/3/2021 at 8:36 PM, robe said:

The team showed a lot of promise last year. 

Year two of a rebuild is usually the hardest on a program. Davie left the cupboard empty other than the 5th year seniors. About 70% of the those seeing playing time are Gonzales recruits which bodes well for the future but right now a lot of growing pains. 

15 hours ago, son of a gun said:

That said, the new OC is changing things up from where Vigen did. Vigen would, on rare occasion, open up the playbook. This new OC not only does a bit more, but seems to have worked with Chambers a bit (he needs more, yes, but a bit) as well.

Overall I’ve been happy with the new OC. I do wish we would use the pass to set up the run more. Passing early in the game to get the 2nd level defenders to play on their heels instead of just attacking the LOS. Then go more run heavy later in the game.