Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spaztecs

Rank 'Em. Week 5

1. Nevada - Well, hello there Big Boy !

2. Aztecs - Moving up on a bye week.

3. Pokes - Time to prove it.

4. Boy-Z - They alternate winning and losing. They will beat BYU next week.

5.  Fresno - they were on the verge of putting Hawa'ii away late in the 3rd quarter.

6. AFA - Best of the Rest ?

7.  Bows - Biggest Comeback of the season ?

8.  Sparty - Survived a gut check at home against the NewMags.

9. UTags - Put up a fight against their Rival. And so did their fans.

10. CSU - Took the week off to figure out which Conference they were in.

11. Southern-most Nevada - Improving. Almost over the hump.

12.  New Mexico - Getting worse every week.

13. Jake Haener - Cost himself the Heisman and his team a shot at the NY6.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Nevada they looked really good

SDSU

Wyom

AF their offense is rolling. 

BSU they might have some confidence issues. BYU game is a huge opportunity to turn things around

USU Bonner injuries hurts

Fresno ???

SJS 

Hawaii one really good game I need to see more

CSU

UNLV solid last 2 weeks 

NM with Rocky this is still a dangerous team capable off knocking off even Nevada. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

I’m not sure who wins the MTN division. After this weekend I’m thinking AF. I’m starting to have some concerns about BSU. They don’t finish or put anyone away. Nevada whipped them in Boise that doesn’t happen often.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

27 minutes ago, robe said:

I’m not sure who wins the MTN division. After this weekend I’m thinking AF. I’m starting to have some concerns about BSU. They don’t finish or put anyone away. Nevada whipped them in Boise that doesn’t happen often.

The main issue for boise is they play the top 3 west schools in the crossover games. Honestly I could see them going 5-0 in the mountains but 0-3 vs west and lossing out to a 6-2 mountain team they beat.

5 hours ago, southfresno said:

Well we might not have made the NY6 anyway since Cincy is playing so well. No way will they let them in the playoffs. 

The bigger issue is winning the west now. We pretty much have to beat Nevada and sdsu and sjsu now to have any shot to win the west. Then need to go at least 2-1 @WY vs NM vs BSU.

Obviously I would have preferred to beat Hawaii but a side benefit is even if we win out the next time we would be rankings is either after the bsu or sdsu game. So at least we dont have that target on our back for a while. That target now going to sdsu who will enter the rankings this week. 

I don’t want to do this this week because I’ll just get shit on. But taking recency bias out of the equation, the standings at the end of the season are not going to look at all like they do right now. That’s all I’ll say. 

1. Everyone else

12.  fresno

Clearly, the media picks at the beginning of the season were correct.  Fresno will finish 4th in the div.  typically, after a ‘ranked’ FS loses a game like this, it will be followed by conf game losses to wyo, boise, san jose, and probably one other. 

Ore, fucla, fs, and haener were all sorely over ranked.  Thankfully, all that talk will stop. Cincy is certainly not overrated. Kudos to them for going into south bend and dominating ND. 

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

* I didn't watch more than a couple dozen plays of Fresno at Hawaii. That said, it was apparent to me a week ago after having seen a bunch of Fresno that Haener isn't nearly as big as listed on the roster and the way Fresno was relying on him was getting him beat up badly. So it's no surprise to me that he threw four INTs 3K miles from home.

Nevada

SUDS

Fresno

Boise

Wyoming, USU or AFA

Hawaii (I never overrate UH's accomplishments on the rock nor diminish their foibles on the mainland)

SJSU (Brennan should have got out of Dodge while the getting was good) or CSU (Brennan and SJSU should ruin CSU's homecoming next week)

UNM or UNLV (yeah UNM has won two more games but it seems as though they're headed in an opposite direction from UNLV)

* Not sure what SJSU2013 meant by his post but I fully expect UNR, SUDS or Fresno to play Boise, USU, AFA or possibly Wyoming in the conference championship game.

1. Wyoming--They have looked good so far this year and it is a difficult trip to go back east to play a team

2. SDSU--They seem like the teams from the past where they relay on the run and not pass so much but they have looked good.

3. Nevada--They have had slow starts this season, but yesterday I think was their first complete game or close to it

4. Air Force--They have played well and will be interesting to see how they play the rest of the season.

5. Fresno--They won at UCLA which isn't something to sneeze at and game Oregon a run for their money but some cracks have started to show up for them.

6. Boise--They should have beaten Oklahoma St, but its like two different teams show up for games and need to get that solved.

7. Utah St--They have had their chances, but seems they are always shooting themselves in the foot or something.

8. New Mexico--It seemed they looked to be on the right track and now the last two weeks they have been run over. I don't know.

9. Hawaii--They have looked bad but lost a close game to SJSU and well they did beat Fresno with their backup QB and running the ball. Who knew they could run the ball?

10. Colorado St--They have looked OK and then looked really bad. Will the real CSU stand up?

11. San Jose St--What the hell? After last year thought they would be able to catch on but guess not

12. UNLV--They have looked better the last two weeks but they need to win to move from this spot

2 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

1. Wyoming--They have looked good so far this year and it is a difficult trip to go back east to play a team

2. SDSU--They seem like the teams from the past where they relay on the run and not pass so much but they have looked good.

3. Nevada--They have had slow starts this season, but yesterday I think was their first complete game or close to it

4. Air Force--They have played well and will be interesting to see how they play the rest of the season.

5. Fresno--They won at UCLA which isn't something to sneeze at and game Oregon a run for their money but some cracks have started to show up for them.

6. Boise--They should have beaten Oklahoma St, but its like two different teams show up for games and need to get that solved.

7. Utah St--They have had their chances, but seems they are always shooting themselves in the foot or something.

8. New Mexico--It seemed they looked to be on the right track and now the last two weeks they have been run over. I don't know.

9. Hawaii--They have looked bad but lost a close game to SJSU and well they did beat Fresno with their backup QB and running the ball. Who knew they could run the ball?

10. Colorado St--They have looked OK and then looked really bad. Will the real CSU stand up?

11. San Jose St--What the hell? After last year thought they would be able to catch on but guess not

12. UNLV--They have looked better the last two weeks but they need to win to move from this spot

You’re not only on drugs, your drugs just hate your guts. Wyoming #1? 

They barely beat an average FCS team at home by 3 points in Mont. St. They only beat UCONN, arguably the worst team in FBS by 2. I don’t care if you’re playing them on the road, any decent team would’ve beat them by at least 28. The same applies to shitty teams like Ball St. and the way down NIU. This is a glorified FCS schedule so far, and all they’ve  shown is they can play an on the road FCS schedule against average to below average FCS teams and barely win two of them. 

You need to look at how good teams are from a bookie perspective. Being that Wyoming isn’t that good, it’s a great schedule for them. To rankings, media and recruit perspectives your record is almost everything in terms of the perception of people that don’t follow you, and no one outside the MWC follows Wyoming. That’s how Boise grew, and how Pat Hill crashed at Fresno playing too many tough OOC games and closely losing in many. 

Boise’s record is 2-3, but they would slaughter Wyoming right now, and they would probably beat half of the #18 to #25 teams right now and Wyoming probably wouldn’t win any from a bookie perspective. Boise has just had a bunch of tough breaks this year. If Boise eeks out UCF and OK St. wins, coming into the Nevada game undefeated they would’ve been a Top 15 ranked team. 

I’m calling it....Boise will upset BYU next week. BYU is ranked way too high for their ability. 

kat.jpg

14 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

You’re not only on drugs, your drugs just hate your guts. Wyoming #1? 

They barely beat an average FCS team at home by 3 points in Mont. St. They only beat UCONN, arguably the worst team in FBS by 2. I don’t care if you’re playing them on the road, any decent team would’ve beat them by at least 28. The same applies to shitty teams like Ball St. and the way down NIU. This is a glorified FCS schedule so far, and all they shown is they can play an on the road FCS schedule against average to below average FCS teams and barely win two of them. 

You do know that Ball St beat an unbeaten Army team right? Oops I forgot, You don't brother to research things before posting. Quit listening to Phil Steele. 

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.