Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

since1670

Big-12 Selection Metrics

26 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

If Google is your friend there’s an entire page of notes about how not only their viewership is low, but going down.

And, shockingly, Woosh makes little effort to back up a claim.  And, like his compatriot, Ibanez, clearly didnt read what he does provide.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

28 minutes ago, RSF said:

And, shockingly, Woosh makes little effort to back up a claim.  And, like his compatriot, Ibanez, clearly didnt read what he does provide.

Abstain on Ibby.  whoosh is a lost cause.  Always has been. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

2 hours ago, RSF said:

Hmmm...downvote from a person who joined 26 minutes ago.

Wonder who that could be...

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Do your job, RSF.  Take down Baylor when you two collide.  SMU got ya.  I honestly thought that TCU would continue the usual beat down of Texas.  TCU to the Texas Bowl in Hou. Texas to the Alamo Bowl.  Oklahoma State to the Sugar Bowl.  Oklahoma itself Playoff 4.

1 minute ago, Coog kev said:

Do your job, RSF.  Take down Baylor when you two collide.  SMU got ya.  I honestly thought that TCU would continue the usual beat down of Texas.  TCU to the Texas Bowl in Hou. Texas to the Alamo Bowl.  Oklahoma State to the Sugar Bowl.  Oklahoma itself Playoff 4.

My eligibilty ran out years ago...

Negative thinking.  You played Texas tough yesterday.  You did.  You are going to the Texas Bowl.  Which one from SEC, who knows.  Maybe Aggy.  Or Arkansas. Or even kick butt Kentucky.  Just go to the Texas Bowl.  Ya'll do great in Hou post season. 

15 hours ago, Coog kev said:

You are absolutely wrongo about that. Like everything else.

Sports Media Watch

IF XII wants to think Big coast to coast, ditch the others and give San Diego State a good hard look.  The magic of Memphis on the gridiron is dissipating quickly (ya sure, hoops and all).  San Diego State has sustained success IMO. 

No offense my MWC buds.  I can see this summer 2023. 

XII One Side:

• San Diego State (new Big Fly rivalry game with UCF)
  • Boise State (rivalry with BYU)
  • BYU (rivalry with Boise)
  • Texas Tech (rivalry with Coogs)
  • Houston (rivalry with Tards and Stillwater)
  • Central Florida (Disney v. Aztecs)
  • Oklahoma State (we still get Tech with all this new crap; adapting to change is hard)

XII Other Side:

• West Virginia (rivalry with Cincinnati)
  • Cincinnati (learn how to burn couches)
  • TCU (hatred of Baylor)
  • Baylor (hatred of well anything)
  • Kansas 1 (the one that is AAU)
  • Kansas 2 (the one that is not AAU)
  • Iowa State (Big8 forever!)

I hope BYU remembers the Aztec’s associate AD (Jenny Bramer) interactions with Oklahoma to keep BYU out of the Big XII back in 2016 if/when it comes to a vote.  They can rot in the MWC for all I care.  

v0icAvfW.jpg

1 hour ago, NorCalCoug said:

I hope BYU remembers the Aztec’s associate AD (Jenny Bramer) interactions with Oklahoma to keep BYU out of the Big XII back in 2016 if/when it comes to a vote.  They can rot in the MWC for all I care.  

I can't seem to remember what happened there... did she write an email or memo that found its way into the public eye?  

Apparently the metrics for invitation to the Big 12 does NOT include consulting the Iowa State student government...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10013808-iowa-state-students-slam-big-12-over-byu-addition-citing-history-of-homophobia

17 hours ago, Coog kev said:

You are absolutely wrongo about that. Like everything else.

Sports Media Watch

IF XII wants to think Big coast to coast, ditch the others and give San Diego State a good hard look.  The magic of Memphis on the gridiron is dissipating quickly (ya sure, hoops and all).  San Diego State has sustained success IMO. 

No offense my MWC buds.  I can see this summer 2023. 

XII One Side:

• San Diego State (new Big Fly rivalry game with UCF)
  • Boise State (rivalry with BYU)
  • BYU (rivalry with Boise)
  • Texas Tech (rivalry with Coogs)
  • Houston (rivalry with Tards and Stillwater)
  • Central Florida (Disney v. Aztecs)
  • Oklahoma State (we still get Tech with all this new crap; adapting to change is hard)

XII Other Side:

• West Virginia (rivalry with Cincinnati)
  • Cincinnati (learn how to burn couches)
  • TCU (hatred of Baylor)
  • Baylor (hatred of well anything)
  • Kansas 1 (the one that is AAU)
  • Kansas 2 (the one that is not AAU)
  • Iowa State (Big8 forever!)

The Big 12 will have some of the same issues the WAC had which is no clean divisional split.  

1 minute ago, sactowndog said:

The Big 12 will have some of the same issues the WAC had which is no clean divisional split.  

Meh...No worse than some of the other conferences.  Big 10 has Indiana and Purdue in different divisions.  ACC used a zipper setup, which is bloody awful.  Missouri is in the freaking SEC East.  Utah and Colorado have no obvious place in the Pac 12.

Jeremiah dickey acknowledges the report from 365 Sic'em about the rumor that the Big 12 asked the University to expand. Doesn't deny it and hints they need to do it. That's confusing to me because people were saying that wasn't true when it was posted here weeks ago.

https://twitter.com/TheIdahoPress/status/1444678524573339653?s=19

I am Halfmanhalfbronco's bitch.

Hi Ibanez....hope you take my advice.  Dont be so thin skinned.

Should we call you Rev Ibanez?

18 minutes ago, RSF said:

Meh...No worse than some of the other conferences.  Big 10 has Indiana and Purdue in different divisions.  ACC used a zipper setup, which is bloody awful.  Missouri is in the freaking SEC East.  Utah and Colorado have no obvious place in the Pac 12.

Yeah I think one of the advantage of Texas and Oklahoma is they can go to Pods:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rockmnation.com/platform/amp/2021/7/25/22592318/pods-college-football-realignment-oklahoma-texas-mizzou

4 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

Links ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor